X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Darnold, Rudolph, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield

I would be happy with any of these guys! How would you rank them? The title is how I do
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Darnold, Rudolph, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield

I'll go with your ranking right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Grier at W. Virgina too.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

Mayfield is really intriguing, want to watch him the most. OU had the most efficient offense in the nation last season.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Rudolph may end up having the most elite upside this year. Like legendary upside, his ball placement is freaking incredible. He got hit and through a perfect 50 yd pass where only the WR could get it. Darnold is great
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

A name I like better than a couple on your list...Luke Falk out of Washington State. Another guy to watch.

This past weekend he went 33 of 39 for 311 yards and 3 TDs against lowly Montana St.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
            A name I like better than a couple on your list...Luke Falk out of Washington State. Another guy to watch.

This past weekend he went 33 of 39 for 311 yards and 3 TDs against lowly Montana St.
            His mechanics drive me nuts.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              His mechanics drive me nuts.
              I like his short compact release, I don't like how he seems to hop around in the pocket when he has time to throw and how he reverts to throwing off his back foot or throwing flat foot often.

But you can't argue his results even if they'd likely be better if he was actually driving through his throws consistently.

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

Eh, 2 of the tds were shovel passes and he took a stupid sack at the one. He's good but he reminds me of petty

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I like his short compact release, I don't like how he seems to hop around in the pocket when he has time to throw and how he reverts to throwing off his back foot or throwing flat foot often.

But you can't argue his results even if they'd likely be better if he was actually driving through his throws consistently.
                  I just don't think the skill set translates at all. His arm is decent but it's all arm action and if he can't step and drive the ball down the field he's going to be in for a short career. I don't see him make enough of those intermediate throws over the LB and before the safety that are vital in NFL, nor do I see him able to beat zone coverage by abusing the gaps with pinpoint throws. He's a lot of quick slants, bubble screens, and 5 yard or less throws into space.

To be fair I have issues with Rudolph's mechanics as well. His tendency to go onto his tiptoes while making intermediate throws is something I've never really seen.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Homegrown
                    Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                    • Jul 2008

Darnold, Rudolph, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield ...Sounds like a law firm ... don't wait - better call 8

Bills have 2 1st rounders - draft two QB's ... that's essentially what Dallas did when they drafted Troy Aikman & Steve Walsh ... one was garbage - the other was a 3 x SB winner & HOFer

Comment

• Cali512
                      • Jan 2012

I just don't think the skill set translates at all. His arm is decent but it's all arm action and if he can't step and drive the ball down the field he's going to be in for a short career. I don't see him make enough of those intermediate throws over the LB and before the safety that are vital in NFL, nor do I see him able to beat zone coverage by abusing the gaps with pinpoint throws. He's a lot of quick slants, bubble screens, and 5 yard or less throws into space.

To be fair I have issues with Rudolph's mechanics as well. His tendency to go onto his tiptoes while making intermediate throws is something I've never really seen.

Rudolph has elite arm talent though to make up for it, and runs a pro style offense

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                        Rudolph has elite arm talent though to make up for it, and runs a pro style offense
                        His arm talent doesn't make up for it imo, but he looks to have worked very hard in the off-season to get away from it. In the opener v. Tulsa his feet were much better.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
                          Darnold, Rudolph, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield ...Sounds like a law firm ... don't wait - better call 8

Bills have 2 1st rounders - draft two QB's ... that's essentially what Dallas did when they drafted Troy Aikman & Steve Walsh ... one was garbage - the other was a 3 x SB winner & HOFer
                          Maybe, but I don't know if we do that without a #1 WR and a 30 year old RB (at the time of next season) with nobody behind him who we are developing.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

His arm talent doesn't make up for it imo, but he looks to have worked very hard in the off-season to get away from it. In the opener v. Tulsa his feet were much better.

Watch his 2 50 yd passes vs Tulsa, his arm is insane

Its like a missile
                            Last edited by Cali512; 09-05-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

I want no part of Darnald his throwing mechanics scream Blake Bortles all over again.

Josh Rosen is by far and away the number 1 guy based on mechanics and physical abilities.

Rudolph, Allen are up there buy have limitations that draft boy pointed out. The QB from western Kentucky Mike White has good mechanics and a nice arm as well and is another to keep an eye on.

I am not a lamar jackson fan.

Luke Falk like Rudolph that system just does not translate well to the pros.

Comment

Working...
                              X