X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endzone
    • Dec 2016

Questions & concerns about Peterman at QB

Has ANYTHING in his pre-season performances or training camp observations made you feel he isn't "the guy" ???? Did Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman, Fitz, Kyle, Tyrod and more over the past seasons make you more comfortable?

Get this kid behind center and quit the BS!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Questions & concerns about Peterman at QB

Well let's see- Jeff Tuel had an equally impressive preseason outing. Peterman did it mostly against scrubs. He did it against simplified D's that weren't running blitzes. And to be honest, he wasn't all that great. Better than Tyrod and Yates, yes, but that doesn't make him "the guy."
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

He reminds me of Trent Edwards.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

To me he displayed decent progress, jury is still out and should be.

Kid seems to learn and strive. You'll end up seeing him anyway, won't make a diff in a playoff run that's not going to happen. I'm fine with the way this is going, which is, him starting the season as backup.

We'll know soon enough anyway.

Comment

• Mace
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by EDS View Post
          He reminds me of Trent Edwards.
          Not to me really. Edwards had a built in trigger guard that made him hesitate (even before the concussion) and didn't really react to the field, that I don't see in Peterman at this point.

I think the thing that encourages me about Peterman (though it doesn't make him The One yet), is that he seems to see the plays, not the tangle of players trying to run them, while our previous "prospects" overloaded at the snap by the players running the plays, if that makes sense.

I suppose I mean Peterman knows enough to look at what he's supposed to even if he's not completely adapted to pace.

He's doing fine, let him keep doing fine until it all clicks at his pace, which seems to be a decent one.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            Well let's see- Jeff Tuel had an equally impressive preseason outing. Peterman did it mostly against scrubs. He did it against simplified D's that weren't running blitzes. And to be honest, he wasn't all that great. Better than Tyrod and Yates, yes, but that doesn't make him "the guy."
            It doesn't make him not the guy, he's like a more pocket passing Drew Brees.

Comment

• endzone
              • Dec 2016

AGAIN - what didn't he show you so far??

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Wrong. He played against the Ravens' starters in game 3 (the "dress rehearsal" for the season) after Tyrod exited midway through the 1st quarter. He didn't lock onto his primary receiver, went through his progressions (when he had more than a second), made the correct read generally, and threw good passes (his receivers dropped 4 of them). He had a near-INT on a dumb throwaway attempt, fumbled when scrambling (but recovered it) when he was running for his life and 4 passes batted down, so it wasn't all great, but he can learn from those things.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Tyrod is the starter and it would be nuts to start Peterman.

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by endzone View Post
                    AGAIN - what didn't he show you so far??
                    Consistent accuracy, reads under pressure, adaptation to pace, dynamic timing, long ball potential, chemistry with anyone besides O'Leary. That's too much for me to assume anything yet.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                      Wrong. He played against the Ravens' starters in game 3 (the "dress rehearsal" for the season) after Tyrod exited midway through the 1st quarter. He didn't lock onto his primary receiver, went through his progressions (when he had more than a second), made the correct read generally, and threw good passes (his receivers dropped 4 of them). He had a near-INT on a dumb throwaway attempt, fumbled when scrambling (but recovered it) when he was running for his life and 4 passes batted down, so it wasn't all great, but he can learn from those things.
                      and if it's the dress rehearsal, what makes you think he won't be running for his life and get a bunch of passes batted down again? I was at that game and yes, he looked better than Tyrod before Tyrod got hurt, but he didn't look as great as you're making it sound. And btw, I was surrounded by Ravens fans- including the friend I went with- and it was a mix of starters and backups.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

and if it's the dress rehearsal, what makes you think he won't be running for his life and get a bunch of passes batted down again? I was at that game and yes, he looked better than Tyrod before Tyrod got hurt, but he didn't look as great as you're making it sound. And btw, I was surrounded by Ravens fans- including the friend I went with- and it was a mix of starters and backups.
                        He might be running for his life; that's on the O-line. As for passes better down, again it's something he can learn from and it typically isn't something that quarterbacks suffer a lot from. Even with those, he should've completed 64% of his passes if not for the drops. Again this is a rookie who wasn't even supposed to play until midway through the third quarter. And it was starters with backups who figure to rotate in. Sure he's got a lot to learn. But I'd rather see him out there than Tyrod.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by endzone View Post
                          Has ANYTHING in his pre-season performances or training camp observations made you feel he isn't "the guy" ???? Did Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman, Fitz, Kyle, Tyrod and more over the past seasons make you more comfortable?

Get this kid behind center and quit the BS!
                          LOL. 54% completion percentage against back-ups for $100 Alex?

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                            He might be running for his life; that's on the O-line. As for passes better down, again it's something he can learn from and it typically isn't something that quarterbacks suffer a lot from. Even with those, he should've completed 64% of his passes if not for the drops. Again this is a rookie who wasn't even supposed to play until midway through the third quarter. And it was starters with backups who figure to rotate in. Sure he's got a lot to learn. But I'd rather see him out there than Tyrod.
                            You have to be very careful pimping a QB by saying "he should've completed 64%of his passes if not for drops," because you could use that excuse for ANY QB. Drops are part of the game. Peterman not quite as good or ready as some people seem to think. He needs some seasoning at the very least.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                              Tyrod is the starter and it would be nuts to start Peterman.
                              Agreed. Plus our pass blocking kind of sucks and that could be detrimental to Peterman's development at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X