• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Al Michaels crack- "Patriots have better Buffalo players than Buffalo has"

Al likes teabagging a lot, extra long for the Pats:

“Sometimes I think the Patriots have better Buffalo players than Buffalo has.” – NBC’s Al Michaels, punching Bills fans in the stomach while calling Thursday night’s game between New England and Kansas City
    Michaels made his comment after a carry by Mike Gillislee, one of four former Bills on the Patriots. Gillislee scored three touchdowns Thursday, but Bills fans coul at least take some solace in the Chiefs’ comeback win.
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Al Michaels crack- "Patriots have better Buffalo players than Buffalo has"

I heard it. Al Michaels has lost it. Not just for that crack.

Comment

• Homegrown
      Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
      • Jul 2008

"Do you believe in miracles? "..... Al Michaels = over rated

Comment

• Spartacus
        • Mar 2003

I thought it was funny.
        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Arm of Harm
          • Dec 2015

I have no problem with the comment.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

I laughed when he said it because i hated losing Gillislee to them.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

And Gilmore is not that good. I don't think we are gonna miss him.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

So let's put the quote in to perspective.

Alan Branch, Chris Hogan, Mike Gillislee, and Stephon Gilmore correct?

Gillislee had 15 carries for 45 yards and a 3.0 yard average. And 3 TDs. A fair day to be fair.

Gilmore was so bad that he has become a viral joke.

Hogan had one catch for 5 targets for 8 yards. Non-factor.

And Alan Branch was in the middle of a defense that got stomped all over.

NE overpaid for each of those players.

So, dear Al, try again.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

It's all part of the plan...we selectively introduce players from a losing culture to the inner ranks of the roster, and let their under-achievement spread like a disease throughout the entire team. Yes, it takes some sacrifice, but any noble venture does. The effects (getting dropped at home while losing a lead and giving up 42 points in the season opener) are starting to manifest. So far, so good....Muwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaa.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    It's all part of the plan...we selectively introduce players from a losing culture to the inner ranks of the roster, and let their under-achievement spread like a disease throughout the entire team. Yes, it takes some sacrifice, but any noble venture does. The effects (getting dropped at home while losing a lead and giving up 42 points in the season opener) are starting to manifest. So far, so good....Muwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaa.
                    You said it more humorously than I would, but during the game I though they have too many Bills who have come from a losing culture infused onto their team & it showed Thursday.
                    For years, whenever a good team reached the playoffs I'd look at the roster for ex-Bills and pick against the team that had more ex-Bills.
                    The Eagles also have 4 ex-Bills, although Peters has been gone for so long it's tough to calculate his affect on the team.
                    On the coaching side, Jacksonville has 5 ex-Bills coaches on their staff including HC Doug Marrone. They are doomed!
                    Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 09-09-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

The only one I'm pissed about is Gillislee only because the stupid Bills didn't tender him higher.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Can he play D ? I saw KC put 42 on them.

Maybe they should have worried less about a committee RB and more about actual D help.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Al Michaels can go suck on a tailpipe.

Comment

Working...
                          X