PDA

View Full Version : Taylor is starting Sunday.

ublinkwescore
09-09-2017, 01:04 AM
The tank job is in the bag ladies and gentlemen.

swiper
09-09-2017, 04:21 AM
He'll either show us that his preseason performances were a misnomer or he won't.

I suspect you'll see him take look #1, look #2, then run a lot. He lacks the nerve to stay in the pocket and make a play from there.

YardRat
09-09-2017, 06:01 AM
I'd rather see Peterman as a fan, but realistically it's the smart move by the staff.

GreedoII
09-09-2017, 06:28 AM
The tank job is in the bag ladies and gentlemen.

eff off tool bag...fans on here are 15 yrd olds popping zits anymore

El Guapo
09-09-2017, 06:32 AM
I'd rather see Peterman as a fan, but realistically it's the smart move by the staff.
I agree. I really want to see what, if anything, Peterman can do. However, the smart move is to play Taylor.

I do believe if the staff has any inclination that Peterman could be a quality starter, he will see extended action later in the year. If we're out of the playoff scenario, I bet they make the switch to let Peterman have an extended audition.

Homegrown
09-09-2017, 06:51 AM
Actually it's a dumb move....everyone knows what TT capabilities are/aren't. .... rinse - wash -repeat

kishoph
09-09-2017, 07:57 AM

I understand having a man crush (not really), but do all your post have to include attacking the members of this board ?

ublinkwescore
09-09-2017, 08:58 AM

Except I'm 37...

justasportsfan
09-09-2017, 08:59 AM
We don't know what kind of OL we have. We don't know where the running game stands under Rico Dennisons system. If both suck , you could get Peterman killed. The jets DL is good.
Wait and see if both do well before you plug in the rookie.

If he gets manhandled by the jets D, he will be facing the Panthers and the Broncos the next 2 games. He would be playing scared like Trent Edwards.

ublinkwescore
09-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Not worried about it. I have enough sense to know we aren't going to the playoffs. And Peterman WILL start some games THIS year.

justasportsfan
09-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Id rather TT be the crash test dummy than Peterman.

Arm of Harm
09-09-2017, 09:13 AM

Dennison's offensive system emphasizes a QB's pocket passing, while deemphasizing his running ability. It's not a good fit at all for Taylor. And it showed: Taylor was the worst of our four quarterbacks in preseason. Worse than Yates.

Given these data, it's not unreasonable to conclude, as the OP did, that the Bills might be deliberately tanking the season for draft position. I certainly wouldn't blame them if that's what they were doing! This team needs a franchise quarterback much more than it needs two or three extra wins in a non-playoff season.

If you don't think the Bills are tanking, fine. Add something constructive to the conversation by explaining why you think that. But personally attacking the OP for his thoughts, as a substitute for such an explanation, creates the possibility of drama/online flame war, while adding nothing at all to the discussion.

SpikedLemonade
09-09-2017, 09:29 AM
I disagree 100% with this decision.

Goobylal
09-09-2017, 10:25 AM

We don't know what kind of OL we have. We don't know where the running game stands under Rico Dennisons system. If both suck , you could get Peterman killed. The jets DL is good.
Wait and see if both do well before you plug in the rookie.

If he gets manhandled by the jets D, he will be facing the Panthers and the Broncos the next 2 games. He would be playing scared like Trent Edwards.

The Jets' DL used to be good before they traded Richardson. Now it's Wilkerson, Williams, and some other dudes.

YardRat
09-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Actually it's a dumb move....everyone knows what TT capabilities are/aren't. .... rinse - wash -repeat

It's still Tyrod's team, in the locker room and on the field. 'Giving' that to Peterman and hitching their ride to his wagon this early when all things are pretty much equal would be a poor decision. For the team's sake, this process has to evolve naturally, not by force.

Goobylal
09-09-2017, 01:38 PM
It's still Tyrod's team, in the locker room and on the field. 'Giving' that to Peterman and hitching their ride to his wagon this early when all things are pretty much equal would be a poor decision. For the team's sake, this process has to evolve naturally, not by force.

Yeah, politically they all but have to start TT. But if he plays poorly (and obviously if he gets injured) I don't think the players will mind giving Peterman a try.

YardRat
09-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Yeah, politically they all but have to start TT. But if he plays poorly (and obviously if he gets injured) I don't think the players will mind giving Peterman a try.

That's the key. The players need to be on board with any switch...they need to believe.

swiper
09-09-2017, 05:27 PM
The Jets' DL used to be good before they traded Richardson. Now it's Wilkerson, Williams, and some other dudes.

The Jets GM now is not bad like Idzik was. Here's what he says:

During a conference call on Friday afternoon, Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan said that the team’s depth on the defensive line made him comfortable trading Richardson at this point and that the return fit needs for the team in both the present and future.

Leonard Williams, Muhammad Wilkerson, Steve McLendon and recently acquired Kony Ealy remain as defensive line options.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/mike-maccagnan-sheldon-richardson-trade-was-good-fit-and-good-value/

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Tyrod is garbage. Yuck.

Goobylal
09-09-2017, 10:38 PM
The Jets GM now is not bad like Idzik was. Here's what he says:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/mike-maccagnan-sheldon-richardson-trade-was-good-fit-and-good-value/

Not impressed by McLendon at all and Kony Ealy just joined them and was dumped by the Cheaters after they traded for him.