PDA

View Full Version : If you ran in to Rex Ryan...

ublinkwescore
09-10-2017, 10:36 AM
How would you behave? Would you be cordial, or would you voice criticism? Talk $#!t?
Ask him about bills players still on the team? What would you say to him, if anything at all...

YardRat
09-10-2017, 10:41 AM
I would be polite and try to wrangle a conversation in a direction where I could voice my critical opinion without being too much of an *******. The odds of me being able to pull that off are probably less than 1 in 10.

Ingtar33
09-10-2017, 10:46 AM
probably shake his hand and thank him for trying. Might ask him a bit about his experiences coaching.

Really, I don't have any hatred for the past coached who coached here. Rex was a blowhard but I'd still treat him to a bear and some wings. Would I want to sit down with most of the bills ex-coaches? no, probably not, but I don't think any deserve to be reviled and hated (even Dick Jauron, as much of a bland boring pill that guy was). The closest to human trash we've had coaching this team was probably Gregg Williams. Something about that guy always felt off. But there is no reason to spit on the guy publically just because he's a horrible human being. Just don't talk to him.

ublinkwescore
09-10-2017, 11:08 AM
I'd tell him thanks for ruining a good defense. If he lobbied for McCoy, I'd thank him for that... And say that I would have to blame the front office for hiring him. We had Jim Schwartz.

Mace
09-10-2017, 12:05 PM
It wouldn't be pretty.

Novacane
09-10-2017, 12:07 PM
I'd just say hi and move along. I was taught if have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-10-2017, 01:08 PM
the only ex coach i hate is Marrone. I wouldn't be a dick to him. I appreciated what Rex tried to do, but it wasn't good enough.

swiper
09-10-2017, 01:10 PM
I'd punch him in the gut and tell him what a jerk his old man was.

justasportsfan
09-10-2017, 01:14 PM
I'd tell him BB misses his whipping boys. He and his bro.

stuckincincy
09-10-2017, 10:01 PM
I'd just say hi and move along. I was taught if have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all.

Me too.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-10-2017, 10:08 PM
I'd thank him for at least appearing to take in interest in the Buffalo community, and then I would ask him if he was familiar with the old adage of if it ain't broke don't fix it. Yeah, I would want to know why he didn't do more to keep Schwartz or what exactly happened there. Lastly, when it comes to the players McD released were they guys you wanted or were they thrust upon you by Whaley?

I only have contempt for Marrone, not Rex. Rex was bad, but Marrone's little stunt set us back by years.

ublinkwescore
09-10-2017, 10:59 PM
And rex didn't set us back?

Generalissimus Gibby
09-10-2017, 11:04 PM
And rex didn't set us back?
If saint Doug hadn't had just ****ed us over there would be no Rex

ublinkwescore
09-10-2017, 11:10 PM
I don't care for Marrone either... but he brought us a defense that improved drastically both years under his watch...and he didn't get rid of Fred Jackson. Taylor to me is the same as Orton... both mediocre to sometimes decent qbs... Ryan wanted to fit square pegs into round holes... And brought his legally ******ed brother on board. That told me he wasn't here to win, just be a bag of hot air and cash in.

stuckincincy
09-11-2017, 12:04 AM
I'd thank him for at least appearing to take in interest in the Buffalo community, and then I would ask him if he was familiar with the old adage of if it ain't broke don't fix it. Yeah, I would want to know why he didn't do more to keep Schwartz or what exactly happened there. Lastly, when it comes to the players McD released were they guys you wanted or were they thrust upon you by Whaley?

I only have contempt for Marrone, not Rex. Rex was bad, but Marrone's little stunt set us back by years.

???

He inked a contract with an out, with a team notorious for quick coaching turnover, screwing this or that one along the way. He led them to a winning season - how rare is that?

Folks on this site were creaming their jeans about how the guy turned Syracuse around. Marrone correctly smelled the Bills organization and the fan base, and got his clause. Very smart of him.

What is it that he did to turn the franchise back years? I'm mystified.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-11-2017, 12:18 AM
???

He inked a contract with an out, with a team notorious for quick coaching turnover, screwing this or that one along the way. He led them to a winning season - how rare is that?

Folks on this site were creaming their jeans about how the guy turned Syracuse around. Marrone correctly smelled the Bills organization and the fan base, and got his clause. Very smart of him.

What is it that he did to turn the franchise back years? I'm mystified.

He knew he had an owner group with no football experience, he knew his leaving would lead to a coaching turnover that would bust up the works, and I think within a year or two he would have built a playoff team here.

SpikedLemonade
09-11-2017, 04:02 AM
If I ran into Rex Ryan, I would expect my airbags to be deployed and my vehicle totalled.

Historian
09-11-2017, 05:30 AM
I would offer my condolences for the loss of his Dad, and tell him that I had a lot of fun watching his Eagles play when I lived in Philly.

Then, I would ask him who gets his Dad's Super Bowl XX ring....he or Rob?

Mouldsie
09-11-2017, 10:28 AM
I'd try to get to the root of his deep psychological issues he had with his father growing up. Hopefully have him crying and healing by the end.

sdbillsfan2
09-11-2017, 11:52 AM
If I ran into Wrecks ....
I might say

C'mon Rex ...nobody wears fishnets and sandals. !!!

Forward_Lateral
09-11-2017, 12:02 PM
I would probably have a beer with him. I don't hold any ill will to any previous coaches. Not even Marrone. I would've left too if I was him. This organization was a complete mess from top to bottom. Hopefully that is changing with Beane/McD

He wanted to win. He was a terrible organizer and even worse at in game adjustments. But, it's not his fault he got paid a crap ton of money by someone who has no clue.

swiper
09-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Couldn't stand Buddy or either of his two jerk kids. They don't belong in the NFL. NASCAR or WWE perhaps, but not the NFL. No place for such ******* clowns.

Homegrown
09-11-2017, 12:51 PM
I would probably have a beer with him. I don't hold any ill will to any previous coaches. Not even Marrone. I would've left too if I was him. This organization was a complete mess from top to bottom. Hopefully that is changing with Beane/McD

He wanted to win. He was a terrible organizer and even worse at in game adjustments. But, it's not his fault he got paid a crap ton of money by someone who has no clue.

QFT .... When Ryan was hired, I disavowed the Bill's ...absolutely hated the hire - but, its not his fault that clueless management/ownership hire the buffon ... in fact, I kind of admire the man for robbing a multi-billionaire legally

Bill Cody
09-11-2017, 01:07 PM
I'd probably be nice and be happy to sit down for beers and wings. Then after a about a half dozen drafts I'd probably start saying things I'd think were funny and he probably wouldn't and the yuks would end. When he was hired I was doubtful it would work out but fought to keep an open mind. That lasted most of one season and then I was D-U-N. But Rex seems like he's probably a bunch of laughs so sure why not? He's not Fing up my Sundays anymore <shrug>