PDA

View Full Version : Kelly's and Ferragamo's---Bills 21 Jets 12

YardRat
09-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Kelly's--Shady...the defense...the offensive line.
Ferragamo's---not giving them out when we win.

Novacane
09-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Balls Shady O-line

Goats. both kickers.

swiper
09-10-2017, 02:42 PM

O-line can't pass block well.

Crisis
09-10-2017, 02:44 PM
I really like Jordan Matthews. He is a beast over the middle of the field... it's just too bad our QB doesn't like throwing to that part of the field. He had a couple really nice blocks for Shady as well.

Night Train
09-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Balls - McCoy, Run D, Poyer, Kyle Williams, White

Goats - Dennisons play calling for long stretches, Pass rush weak, Taylor missing open receivers and running around.

sudzy
09-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Balls- McCoy, Clay, Humber, White, Both Safeties

Goats- Hauschka your in the equation that get us another draft choice. you don't want to miss too many FGs

kingJofNYC
09-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Dude, the safeties played well, could have tackled better but they were right where they should be, loved it.

Ours LBs get manipulated too easily in zone, no range really. Very limited.

TEs will eat in this offense.

Skooby
09-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Bills 21

Tyrod isn't an NFL caliber QB.

Albany,n.y.
09-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Search party out trying to find Darius.

jimmifli
09-10-2017, 04:48 PM
I don't get hating on Rod for that game. He was good. Two TDs, threw over the middle well, passed it to Clay, didn't make any bad decisions and picked up first downs on 3rd and medium with his legs when nothing else was there.

If he can do that against a real team we're going to win games.

DraftBoy
09-10-2017, 04:56 PM
I don't get hating on Rod for that game. He was good. Two TDs, threw over the middle well, passed it to Clay, didn't make any bad decisions and picked up first downs on 3rd and medium with his legs when nothing else was there.

Couldn't watch the game but was the throw to Clay that got picked a bad decision or just a bad throw? Twitter reaction seemed to suggest it was a bad decision along with a bad throw.

daryls61
09-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Balls:

Shady - Amazing
Toldozer - Battering ram
TMobile - Solid game
Humber - Tackling Machine
Poyer - Great find by McBean
Hyde - Game sealing INT
Ferguson - Excellent snaps all day

Goats:

Incognito - 2 holding penalties
Clay - 2 drops
Mr. Big Stuff - did he play?
Hauschka - missed FG

sudzy
09-10-2017, 05:12 PM
You know who else had an unimpressive day? Preston Brown 1 solo tackle 2 assists. For a MLB?

Ingtar33
09-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Couldn't watch the game but was the throw to Clay that got picked a bad decision or just a bad throw? Twitter reaction seemed to suggest it was a bad decision along with a bad throw.

hit him in the hands with the ball. the ball ricocheted off them and into the hands of a Jets defender.

the placement could have been lower, and there was a Jet coming in to hit Clay, but I can't say it was a particularly bad throw, mediocre throw, poor catch attempt by clay (he heard the footsteps); I'd put it 60% on TT, 40% on Clay, in reality a good WR catches it, takes the hit and it's a TD, Clay's not that good a reciever, so it turned into an INT.

jimmifli
09-10-2017, 05:25 PM
From memory I haven't rewatched it, Clay had three guys around him but if the ball hits him in the numbers it's a TD or on the 1/4 inch line. Clay did a could job making space, looked like a basketball player positioning for a rebound. Tyrod floated it, Clay stuck one hand up and deflected it up in the air.

I wouldn't call it a bad decision, but it's a decision with a smaller margin of error. It could have been a better throw.

swiper
09-10-2017, 05:48 PM
From memory I haven't rewatched it, Clay had three guys around him but if the ball hits him in the numbers it's a TD or on the 1/4 inch line. Clay did a could job making space, looked like a basketball player positioning for a rebound. Tyrod floated it, Clay stuck one hand up and deflected it up in the air.

I wouldn't call it a bad decision, but it's a decision with a smaller margin of error. It could have been a better throw.

The pass was high and behind Clay.

swiper
09-10-2017, 05:52 PM
You know who else had an unimpressive day? Preston Brown 1 solo tackle 2 assists. For a MLB?

Humber had a good day.

All you guys complaining about Dareus and other defenders have to remember this is a new defense. The guys are adjusting to it. So are we. I think you've gotta give it a few games. The players and the watchers will figure out the changes.

BLUTO
09-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Search party out trying to find Darius.

After that our big pass rusher and former #1 pick - - SHAQ!!!

BLUTO
09-10-2017, 06:00 PM
I think #50 Humber had more snaps than Brown at MLB??

Night Train
09-10-2017, 06:04 PM

It went right thru Clays hands.

Night Train
09-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Forgot about LB Ramon Humber

13 Tackles.

BillyT92679
09-10-2017, 06:57 PM
After that our big pass rusher and former #1 pick - - SHAQ!!!
Shaq had that nice run stop, but he needs work with his pass rush. He's not strong enough to bull rush, nor athletic enough to spin move.

Mace
09-10-2017, 07:27 PM

I'm not going to hate on him for that game. It was good to see him using the middle. But that's the strength of his game (with a good deep ball threat). Real teams are going to make him extend beyond his comfort zone. If he was...hm....a next level passer, he'd have dominated the Jets. By the same token though, if the rest of the team was at the next level, it could work against real teams if we avoid shootouts.

But he did fine this game, and no sense not seeing if he gets more comfortable in the system.

I'm not real sure why Preston Brown had such a feeble stat line as the sudz pointed out. He seemed to be there and involved on every play if even to soak up blocks. I think the stats will come.

Kelly's : Shady, no doubt whatever. Poyer/Hyde, Tolbert, he's fun to watch. McDermott, congrats. Dennison, I saw an actual variety of plays they mean to run whether or not they all worked so good at this point. Humber, looks like a real full time LB.

Ferragamo's : Incognito, seems to be still adapting to system, not worried though. The nearly invisible Dareus, come on, it was the Jets.

YardRat
09-10-2017, 07:51 PM
My criticism of Taylor is he did the same thing that he's done in the past...zero in on one receiver (usually Clay if he's healthy and playing...we'll see who replaces Sammy this season as the 'go-to'), dump it off or take off running.

We've seen this performance before, and a new OC/offense doesn't appear to have changed anything (granted, it's only one game...but it was the Jets).

DraftBoy
09-10-2017, 07:57 PM
Also no love for Holmes? Had the only TD catch from a WR and per people on twitter was doing well as a downfield blocker in the running game and played all of the ST units.

Oaf
09-10-2017, 08:07 PM
hit him in the hands with the ball. the ball ricocheted off them and into the hands of a Jets defender.

the placement could have been lower, and there was a Jet coming in to hit Clay, but I can't say it was a particularly bad throw, mediocre throw, poor catch attempt by clay (he heard the footsteps); I'd put it 60% on TT, 40% on Clay, in reality a good WR catches it, takes the hit and it's a TD, Clay's not that good a reciever, so it turned into an INT.

Throw was late and starred down. Tyrod was watching it, hitched, then finally threw it. Clay was clocked because the defender clued in with all the time TT took. Poor execution, but it was one play. It was a lucky deflection that led to the INT.

Oaf
09-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Goats: Anytime an outside run was called for Tolbert. Not enough play action early killed a few opportunities.

Mace
09-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Also no love for Holmes? Had the only TD catch from a WR and per people on twitter was doing well as a downfield blocker in the running game and played all of the ST units.

I'm not trying to be a grump, but he's not really a presence like you'd think a 6'4" receiver would be. I mean, I think he'll make incidental plays, and incidental mistakes, but you don't want to be carrying a 6'4" wr for his ST and blocking on a team with wr issues. He strikes me as a JAG who happens to be a taller more versatile JAG without really improving anything more than marginally across the board. He's an upgrade over Dez Lewis but doesn't really upgrade anything else much, imho.

But I'll fall back on the same obvious, it's one game into a new offense and I don't personally think it's fair to conclude anything about how anyone can perform in it given 5-6 games. He wasn't bad. Just wasn't really notable either from watching the game. I was kind of startled when he caught the td because I forgot him. It's all good if he keeps doing it.

swiper
09-11-2017, 04:54 AM
What Daryl said about Poyer.

Buffalo Bills PR ✔ @BuffaloBillsPR

#Shoutout: Jordan Poyer is the first Bill since Sam Adams in 2003 to tally a sack & a INT in his @buffalobills debut.

Sal Capaccio �� ✔ @SalSports

Bills safety @J_poyer21 stat line today:
3 tackles
1 tackle for a loss
1 sack
1 INT
1 QB hurry
2 passes defended

That's a day's work

Historian
09-11-2017, 05:25 AM
Balls:

Shady. Nice start to the season.

Poyer. Who is this guy? Played great.

Tolbert (That guy is one solid piece of beef! lol)

McDermott and "The Process"

Goats:

Clay. Sorry, your TE has to be the one guy your QB can count on.

Hammer. Charged us an extra ten bucks to park before 6am.

Last four minutes on offense. Two first downs would have iced the game, yet they couldn't make one. Kept giving the Jets the ball back. Can't do that with real teams.

In summary:

Yea, I know it was only the Jets, and I know they're awful, but it was nice to see a game devoid of 130 yards in penalties, and stupid mistakes. Pretty crisp execution for the most part. I guess we all need to trust the process more?

WagonCircler
09-11-2017, 12:52 PM

I think it should be Kellys and Dufeks.

Ferragamo almost beat the Steelers in a Super Bowl.

And Dufek, well, kind of speaks for itself.

ticatfan
09-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Come guys, you won the game. And tyrod will be fine.

Historian
09-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Come guys, you won the game. And tyrod will be fine.

It's funny, there was one play. Tyrod rolled to his left....couldn't find anybody, but had green in front of him.

At that point I yelled, **** it...just take off.

And as if he heard me in his helmet earpiece.....he did.

I thought that was funny.

swiper
09-11-2017, 01:36 PM
It's funny, there was one play. Tyrod rolled to his left....couldn't find anybody, but had green in front of him.

At that point I yelled, **** it...just take off.

And as if he heard me in his helmet earpiece.....he did.

I thought that was funny.

Gave yourself a chuckle, chuckles?

If you liked that, Spiked can tell you all about auto-fellatio.