PDA

View Full Version : Replay Officials Need to be Replaced

fasteddie
09-11-2017, 09:40 AM
When the Jets receiver caught the dump-off pass and scored (which was overturned), I believe the officials didn't place the ball correctly. When the players' foot stepped on the sideline, the ball was at the two yard line. However, they put it at the one.

Instead of hiring full time officials, I think the NFL should hire professional couch potatoes (like myself) to be in the replay booth. I can't see how we could be any worse.

Go Bills!!!

Ed

Kenny
09-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Not just that. But when Clay tipped the TD pass that resulted in an interception, the officials ruled the Jets player being down on contact. He ran into this own teammate, and then fumbled. We should have gotten the ball back.

Goobylal
09-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Not just that. But when Clay tipped the TD pass that resulted in an interception, the officials ruled the Jets player being down on contact. He ran into this own teammate, and then fumbled. We should have gotten the ball back.

I think that McD would have had to challenge. A replay on the TO would have just focused on whether the Jets player INT'd the ball legitimately.

justasportsfan
09-11-2017, 10:27 AM
All replays are now viewed at the league’s centralized officiating department

Below is the link to the one who makes the final decision.

http://archive.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/a5844e78cf774ada9bfd6b20d7bb19c2-a5844e78cf774ada9bfd6b20d7bb19c2-0-7269-7223%5b1%5d.jpg

streetkings01
09-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Not just that. But when Clay tipped the TD pass that resulted in an interception, the officials ruled the Jets player being down on contact. He ran into this own teammate, and then fumbled. We should have gotten the ball back.He was touched down a soon as Eric Wood hit him.......he was down on one knee with the ball still in his hand.

Goobylal
09-11-2017, 11:17 AM
He was touched down a soon as Eric Wood hit him.......he was down on one knee with the ball still in his hand.

Yep. I knew there was something I was forgetting. I have to commend the refs for getting it right that Wood was correct in tackling Burris and then calling a penalty on the Lee.

Mahdi
09-11-2017, 11:57 AM
When the Jets receiver caught the dump-off pass and scored (which was overturned), I believe the officials didn't place the ball correctly. When the players' foot stepped on the sideline, the ball was at the two yard line. However, they put it at the one.

Instead of hiring full time officials, I think the NFL should hire professional couch potatoes (like myself) to be in the replay booth. I can't see how we could be any worse.

Go Bills!!!

Ed

I noticed that also - Complete lack of attention to detail there. From what I saw the ball was out at the 2 yd line when his foot touched the white.

The refs look like they assumed he was out at the one because he was initially given the TD. They would have looked foolish if they called a TD when in actual fact the guy was out 2 yards back, sounds minimal but putting it at the one saves face for them a bit.

Lone Stranger
09-11-2017, 12:59 PM
You are absolutely correct. I drew the same conclusion.

Go Bills!!!

Ed

Forward_Lateral
09-11-2017, 01:49 PM
The fact that two officials on the field within 20 feet of that play called it a TD is more baffling to me.

MattyNH
09-11-2017, 02:00 PM
The fact that two officials on the field within 20 feet of that play called it a TD is more baffling to me.

Neither had line of sight to see his foot was out of bounds. This is the exact purpose of instant replay.

- - - Updated - - -

He was down by contact the instant Wood hit him. The fact he fumbled after that instant means nothing.

jamze132
09-11-2017, 02:11 PM
I thought the ball was spotted properly during the reversed TD. His foot was out at the 2 but the ball was inside the 1 IIRC.

tomz
09-11-2017, 03:35 PM
I thought the ball was spotted properly during the reversed TD. His foot was out at the 2 but the ball was inside the 1 IIRC.

Yeah they showed it a few times in the stadium. He had extended the ball forward as he stepped out of bounds. A Bills player was between the ref on the field and his foot, blocking his line of sight.

BillyT92679
09-11-2017, 05:31 PM
I thought the ball was spotted properly during the reversed TD. His foot was out at the 2 but the ball was inside the 1 IIRC.it was spotted correctly. It's not where his foot is, it's where the ball is when he goes out of bounds

BillyT92679
09-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Yeah they showed it a few times in the stadium. He had extended the ball forward as he stepped out of bounds. A Bills player was between the ref on the field and his foot, blocking his line of sight.exactly

alohabillsfan
09-12-2017, 04:28 AM
Neither had line of sight to see his foot was out of bounds. This is the exact purpose of instant replay.

- - - Updated - - -

Referee number 123 was on the sideline within 10 feet of the player that stepped out of bounds. He couldn't have had a better view ��.

He was down by contact the instant Wood hit him. The fact he fumbled after that instant means nothing.