PDA

View Full Version : All-22 from Cover 1 Bills game

ghz in pittsburgh
09-13-2017, 02:26 PM
http://www.cover1.net/turner-scheme-on-offense-key-to-the-win/

Would like to see more of McCown's completions though

justasportsfan
09-13-2017, 02:50 PM
On the pass to O'Leary, Clay was wide open. Should've been a TD right there.

Forward_Lateral
09-13-2017, 02:57 PM
On the pass to O'Leary, Clay was wide open. Should've been a TD right there.

Was still a very well designed play

Kenny
09-13-2017, 03:01 PM
My thoughts too. Good throw to O'Leary and he got it inside the 5. Clay would have been a better option (assuming he wouldnt bobble the pass and tip it to a defender), but can't argue with the outcome.

I'm more than happy with how the offense played that game. Yes we only scored 21 on the lowly Jets, but there was never a point in that game where I felt worried. Truth is, Im sure TT and the playcalling could have dialed it up if needed.

justasportsfan
09-13-2017, 03:03 PM

Definitely. Play design gave TT two options.

PromoTheRobot
09-13-2017, 04:02 PM
And it was a TD, about 4 plays later.

Ed
09-13-2017, 04:08 PM
Clay is definitely open, but that's probably a much tougher throw considering Tyrod is rolling to his left and Clay was a lot further to his right. There were also two defenders in between Tyrod and Clay with one of them right on Tyrod's throwing shoulder about to put his hands up. Not saying he couldn't make that throw, but I don't have a problem taking the easy throw to O'Leary with no one around him. Nice play and nice execution. Having a play like that on tape is good too because it shows teams can't focus too much on McCoy and overpursue, or the Bills can take advantage.

Cali512
09-13-2017, 05:41 PM
http://www.cover1.net/turner-scheme-on-offense-key-to-the-win/

Would like to see more of McCown's completions though

Finally we have a coaching staff that coaches like their playing chess and not calling a game like their playing madden

Night Train
09-13-2017, 05:52 PM
It's been 20 years since we've had a running game set up play action to the TE.

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2017, 05:08 AM
Definitely. Play design gave TT two options.

It's amazing how simple, yet effective plays can be. I think some coaches over think stuff and try to get too cute. The concept of passing off of the run hasn't really changed over the years. If you can run the ball effectively (and we all know the Bills do that better than anyone) teams will start to cheat, and then you can run action plays like that one. Very, very hard to stop that when executed properly.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-14-2017, 08:13 AM
I think with Taylor as QB, the play action is the way to go. Peterman probably allows them to do more of a WCO style.

It's proven that Taylor's running ability at QB helps McCoy's running game, if he can add effective play-action to his game, then he could be a legit starting QB at NFL level. The problem is his play-action will not be the conventional play action from the pocket, rather it may be on the move (or moving pocket) type. That impacts the kind of O-linemen they need.

By the way, the Bills are employing the kind of cut blocks Denver used to run and we used to hate. D linemen may want to think twice about getting their legs (and knees) cut-out from underneath.

Night Train
09-14-2017, 05:45 PM
I think with Taylor as QB, the play action is the way to go. Peterman probably allows them to do more of a WCO style.

It's proven that Taylor's running ability at QB helps McCoy's running game, if he can add effective play-action to his game, then he could be a legit starting QB at NFL level. The problem is his play-action will not be the conventional play action from the pocket, rather it may be on the move (or moving pocket) type. That impacts the kind of O-linemen they need.

Which is why I keep looking at the college QB's with some mobility. Peterman isn't quick but does know when to take off for positive gains. I'll give him that.

If people wish to shoot down Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield while gazing at Darnold, Rosen and Allen, so be it.

But if those 3 are gone before our first pick and Jackson and Mayfield are still there, you take one of them. They energize a team and have wheels. Both have improved their passing game a lot.