X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

The beginning of the end of Goodell.

Empty seats in NFL stadiums are beginning to be an embarrassment.

Many of us predicted it, and it's just started. I'm going to take it a step further and say if they don't fix the Television coverage, and if they ever lose fantasy football, the players will be back to scab contracts. The cord cutter generation is just starting to have its effect.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: The beginning of the end of Goodell.

While I do think the empty stadiums out west are an issue, it's disingenuous to show a picture of the SF stadium at the start of a half. A lot of people are still stuck in food and pisser lines. And if that much of the stadium is baking in the sun while CA is suffering from record heat, it wouldn't surprise me if people stayed underneath in the shade for a bit. I've done it for baseball games in DC and Balt.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

How many people in here legally watch the games. I'm guessing it's 60% or lower.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Reinstate the blackout rule. That will help fill stadiums.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
          • Nov 2007

keep politics out of football. that will help too.
          a lot of people (myself included) watch football to get away from the endless political inundations. instead, we are bombarded with it watching espn and the games now in my opinion
          I came.
          I saw.
          I conquered.

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Actually I think the number one thing they need to do is allow players to talk **** and celebrate more. I honestly would only watch a NFL game love to watch the players getting in each others faces and celebrating during the games. Now that most of that is takin away, there is very little that you are missing when watching a game now
            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• imbondz
              Democrats are people too
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
              How many people in here legally watch the games. I'm guessing it's 60% or lower.
              I had the Titans game on tv cuz I live in Nashville but was watching the Bills game illegally on my phone. I thought it was a push since the NFL was still getting my tv viewing ratings.
              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• ICRockets
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                I had the Titans game on tv cuz I live in Nashville but was watching the Bills game illegally on my phone. I thought it was a push since the NFL was still getting my tv viewing ratings.
                Don't worry everybody, he didn't actually just admit to criminal activity. imbondz doesn't post his own material.

Welcome back, pathetic plagiarist!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

I bought the game pass this season, and I stream live... though sometimes the links are garbage... so it can take a while to find a good link... but my football ritual for the next 3 weeks will be 3 tall cans, wake and bake through out the day, start a take n bake pizza at halftime and just finish decompressing from the week before going back on mondays...

- - - Updated - - -

And if the game is really ****ty, I cross my fingers for Peterman to get some reps.
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• kishoph
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                    Actually I think the number one thing they need to do is allow players to talk **** and celebrate more. I honestly would only watch a NFL game love to watch the players getting in each others faces and celebrating during the games. Now that most of that is takin away, there is very little that you are missing when watching a game now

IMO allowing those things would just bring more of the 'look at me' attitude that today's players are full of. I can't stand to see a player run around and celebrate after some routine play. A little bit of "woofing" and celebrating could be good, but these players today would take it too far.

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

Moving two teams to LA was such a stupid decision, and everyone knew it but Goodell. They couldn't support two teams 20 years ago. Oakland's move to Las Vegas is not only revolting in regards to league history, but will also be a gigantic failure, mark my words.

And don't even get me started on the London games; which Goodell is clearly pushing in an effort to eventually move a team there. Hey, when you have an opportunity to tap a tepid (at best) market and create a league-wide logistical nightmare, you gotta take it!
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                        keep politics out of football. that will help too.
                        a lot of people (myself included) watch football to get away from the endless political inundations. instead, we are bombarded with it watching espn and the games now in my opinion
                        Honestly, I wish there was more athletes who were willing to put their thoughts and opinions out there on multiple topics. Many of these athletes are bright men and women who can be extremely articulate and thoughtful. Some may have opinions I agree with, some may have opinions I disagree with, but I think being able to see them as more than just a distraction would be better.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MidnightVoice
                          Retired (mostly)
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                          Empty seats in NFL stadiums are beginning to be an embarrassment.

Many of us predicted it, and it's just started. I'm going to take it a step further and say if they don't fix the Television coverage, and if they ever lose fantasy football, the players will be back to scab contracts. The cord cutter generation is just starting to have its effect.
                          I love this quote from the article:

That could lead to some teams being buried at the bottom of the league year after year and creating a cycle that leaves fans even less incentive to show up.

A team can have a sellout every week and still struggle with mediocrity - see The Bills

But to play
                          that’s the thing
                          shut up and deal
                          ~ Jesse May

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            Honestly, I wish there was more athletes who were willing to put their thoughts and opinions out there on multiple topics. Many of these athletes are bright men and women who can be extremely articulate and thoughtful. Some may have opinions I agree with, some may have opinions I disagree with, but I think being able to see them as more than just a distraction would be better.
                            That's all fine, but there are different avenues to take these things, other than disrespecting something so many people hold dearly (the anthem). These players have the funds and media outlets to voice their opinions in. I can't help but think that the majority of them just want the attention, not for any cause other than their selfish egos.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

I saw a tweet yesterday, stating that the Chargers management is sending a free authentic Rivers jersey to every season ticket holder for every seat they own.

I do believe Ralph Wilson just rolled over in his grave.

Comment

Working...
                              X