• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

what do you guys think it would take

theoretically to get Andrew Luck
    I'm by no means saying this is a possibility. I'm just kicking the idea around after I read this article.
    would our first two rounders do? would we need more? salary cap issues?
    discuss

I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Re: what do you guys think it would take

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    theoretically to get Andrew Luck
    I'm by no means saying this is a possibility. I'm just kicking the idea around after I read this article.
    would our first two rounders do? would we need more? salary cap issues?
    discuss

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-simply-false/
    No thanks. Lucks been beaten like a rented mule during his career at Indy.

I want us to start fresh with a guy with low mileage. I don't want to bundle draft picks either. One pick one drafted QB.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

I actually don't like Luck. He is very overrated, holds the ball to long, accuracy is questionable, has zero pocket presence the last few years, and personality wise he seems, well off. Like he's like Eli mannings personality but he tries to hard. I dont take him seriously when I listen to him talk
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Luck has been completely ruined by the colts. Its not that he holds the ball particularly long, or is slow to throw, he's had zero support from the organisation, he's taken a tremendous beating due to the orange cones they call offensive linemen, and the lack of a running game to support him, then combined with all the terrible drafting, and you have the wreck he is today. Even his big deal WR is basically overrated, a production of luck's talent, not due to any particular draft steal. He just happened to be the only other player on their offense who wasn't a complete disaster. I would be fine with trading for him, as I think he represents a REAL upgrade over tyrod (one of the very few we could see short of some high draft pick). However, that assumes Luck's body wasn't permanently damaged by the colts terrible offensive line. Long and short of it is, I'd go for him if he could return to being healthy. I'd give the colts pretty much anyone on our team for him, short of Shady (we'd need SOME weapon for luck), plus whatever draft picks they wanted.

But while we probably have the picks to interest the colts; I don't think they'll trade him unless they're sure they're going to land one of the top few picks in this years draft (and therefor can draft one of the top QBs, who they'll promptly ruin just as quickly or quicker, after all luck is a sturdy guy, most QBs would have been broken by the beating he took in his rookie year alone)
        Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-14-2017, 02:13 AM.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

If his shoulder gets back to 100% or at least close to it, I would take him in a second. Those of you saying that you wouldn't must've forgotten the last 20 years of watching garbage QBs.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Funny how a guy goes from a gimme no-brainer to over rated in a couple of seasons. But the Bills should be 'smart' like Indy and tank for the QB, it's worked so well for them...and the 'statistics' show that Luck is more likely to win a Super Bowl than Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben etc etc.

I don't want Luck either, but if he returns to health, plays decently and Indy wants to unload him it'll probably take a couple of ones, plus more (a couple of twos?). His value will only go down from there.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Shoulder issues are a huge gamble. Brees came through but that's not the norm.

Great draft year for QB's. Go with the youth and that first cheap contract. Cap considerations.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

I would trade Shady for Luck straight up any day of the week. Even throw in a first.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post

One pick one drafted QB.
                  + One sexual encounter with a world famous super-model, one night of passion. Both are the same odds.
                  Last edited by Skooby; 09-14-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Funny how a guy goes from a gimme no-brainer to over rated in a couple of seasons. But the Bills should be 'smart' like Indy and tank for the QB, it's worked so well for them...and the 'statistics' show that Luck is more likely to win a Super Bowl than Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben etc etc.

I don't want Luck either, but if he returns to health, plays decently and Indy wants to unload him it'll probably take a couple of ones, plus more (a couple of twos?). His value will only go down from there.
                    Sort of shows that getting a "franchise" QB isn't the insta-win. Thing that always stood out to me about Luck, is that he feasted on a weak division for a time. He's 20-5 in the AFC South, which makes him only 23-22 against the rest of the league.

Never been sold on Pagano, and true the supporting cast has been less than stellar, but he's not ever really been a QB who strikes fear into you when he gets the ball back with a couple minutes to go in a one score game against a team you're rooting for, like the elite QB's do no matter how feeble their teams are at the moment. Always thought he was lacking something I never could put my finger on though at face value he seems to have all the prototype pieces. Then again, could just be like Archie Manning, "the franchise player without a franchise", or he could rejuvenate like Plunkett (terrible beatings as a Pats QB) did when he went to the Raiders and got protection. Seems like a good kid.

I don't know. Anyway, we can only wonder how it could have been if he'd have had a team around him to begin with, with a better coaching staff and FO. I sure our organization has that in mind, seems like they do at this point. But I wouldn't spend salary or picks to bring him here.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

I've seen Luck make throws I haven't seen a Bills QB make maybe ever.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                        I've seen Luck make throws I haven't seen a Bills QB make maybe ever.
                        I've honestly never seen a QB make a throw I didn't see Kelly make.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Alex Smith will be the starting QB next year, because this organization is dumb enough to trade the pick back to the Chiefs to get the guy they are trying to replace.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            Alex Smith will be the starting QB next year, because this organization is dumb enough to trade the pick back to the Chiefs to get the guy they are trying to replace.
                            I just don't find any comparison between Taylor and Smith. Worrying about replacing Smith as opposed to Taylor, is a no brainer. Did you not just see him address the Pats like Taylor can't ? Smith is perpetually solid and not spectacular enough for most, but you're not going to find a more consistently above average and more consistently not below average QB inexplicably available.

Comment

• Kenny
                              • Aug 2004

What's with the love affair with Smith?
                              We have an offense that's scoring points, and that isnt the problem with this team not making the playoffs. But all we have are whiners complaining that TT is never the guy that's going to take us to the Superbowl... lol (like we should give a flying **** about the superbowl... just make the god damn playoffs first!).

But that's the reason the Chiefs drafted Mahomes in the first place. He's NOT GOOD ENOUGH to win in the playoffs!

Comment

Working...
                              X