PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the three most 'indispensable', Tyrod #1 ????

Skooby
09-14-2017, 10:20 AM
Dude, our press is so bush-league it's sickening. Competent starter ???? Really ?? He's absolutely the reason we can't make the playoffs because he's not even close to the pocket passer this offensive scheme demands. Rise of Peterman ?? He's literally the exact peg this offensive hole we are in demands, seriously what is wrong here ?? Tyrod scrambling eliminates the WR from running a route because he's winging it, that's the entire ball of wax with this offense.

If we only hung 21 on the JETS, it's going to take a virtual miracle to beat a good team. We are really screwed, enjoy the madness.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/14/ranking-three-indispensable-bills-2017/

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-14-2017, 10:46 AM
Jesus Christ dude. we get it. you ****ing hate him. your obsession with hating him is starting to sound like Coastal with Mario Williams

Skooby
09-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Jesus Christ dude. we get it. you ****ing hate him. your obsession with hating him is starting to sound like Coastal with Mario Williams

The paper is pumping this crap about TT being indispensable, it's maddening. I'm not obsessed with TT, I'm wondering how stupid people simply are from there to believe this crap. It's sickening.

Thank you for contributing the discussion by attacking me for pointing out lunacy, it makes this place better.

Jeff1220
09-14-2017, 11:09 AM
To say that Tyrod Taylor is The reason why the Bills haven't made the playoffs is a bit short sighted.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-14-2017, 11:14 AM
To say that Tyrod Taylor is The reason why the Bills haven't made the playoffs is a bit short sighted.
agree. these reasons include the right side of the O-line, the WRs, a ****ty TE who is overpaid and sucks ass. A sub par LB, inexperienced and unproven secondary, and a fat lazy slob worth 100 millions dollars on the d line who likes racing cars and smoking weed while not working.
To continually say Tyrod is the reason is tiresome and irritating is all I'm saying.

Homegrown
09-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Fools Gold - The Sequal

Thurmal
09-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Tyrod is pretty overrated by the media and many fans. To rate him as more indispensable than McCoy is total nonsense, considering 90% of the games this team has won in the past two years were ones where McCoy had a huge game and Taylor was asked to do as little as possible. If he has to win a game with his arm b/c the run is shut down? You can chalk that up as a loss.

justasportsfan
09-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Dude, our press is so bush-league it's sickening. Competent starter ???? Really ?? He's absolutely the reason we can't make the playoffs because he's not even close to the pocket passer this offensive scheme demands. Rise of Peterman ?? He's literally the exact peg this offensive hole we are in demands, seriously what is wrong here ?? Tyrod scrambling eliminates the WR from running a route because he's winging it, that's the entire ball of wax with this offense.

If we only hung 21 on the JETS, it's going to take a virtual miracle to beat a good team. We are really screwed, enjoy the madness.

He wasnt the reason we couldnt make playoffs. Our offense was scoring. It was our defense under Rex that was screwed.

I don't like TT but your hatred for him does not allow you to be objective anymore.

Skooby
09-14-2017, 01:21 PM
Tyrod is pretty overrated by the media and many fans. To rate him as more indispensable than McCoy is total nonsense, considering 90% of the games this team has won in the past two years were ones where McCoy had a huge game and Taylor was asked to do as little as possible. If he has to win a game with his arm b/c the run is shut down? You can chalk that up as a loss.
Tyrod is #1 and Shady is #2 ??? It's like Shady is #1 ..................... Someone blocking on the O-line #2............... #3 some random hero.................... our defense ............... Tyrod didn't fumble or throw an INT.

- - - Updated - - -

He wasnt the reason we couldnt make playoffs. Our offense was scoring. It was our defense under Rex that was screwed.

I don't like TT but your hatred for him does not allow you to be objective anymore.
Hatred ?? He's the thing holding us back from being competitive.

kingJofNYC
09-14-2017, 01:41 PM
I hope Tyrod is QB 1 for a long time, maybe you'll off yourself and these ****ing threads can go away.

justasportsfan
09-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Tyrod is #1 and Shady is #2 ??? It's like Shady is #1 ..................... Someone blocking on the O-line #2............... #3 some random hero.................... our defense ............... Tyrod didn't fumble or throw an INT.

- - - Updated - - -

Hatred ?? He's the thing holding us back from being competitive.

Again, Rex was the reason we didn't make playoffs.

Homegrown
09-14-2017, 02:09 PM
Factoid # 1 - the NFL is a QB "driven" league

Factoid #2 - the winning SB QBs since 2001 (since the Bills last made the Playoffs) are; Brady, Big Ben, Peyton, Eli, Brees, Flaco, Rogers, Wilson & Brad Johnson

Factoid #3 - all of the above are much better than Taylor ... excluding Brad Johnson 15 years ago

Conclusion - its time to move on from Taylor, unless of course 7-9 seasons are your thing

SpikedLemonade
09-14-2017, 03:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjhQdRHzNf0

ticatfan
09-14-2017, 03:38 PM

Factoid #2 - the winning SB QBs since 2001 (since the Bills last made the Playoffs) are; Brady, Big Ben, Peyton, Eli, Brees, Flaco, Rogers, Wilson & Brad Johnson

Factoid #3 - all of the above are much better than Taylor ... excluding Brad Johnson 15 years ago

Conclusion - its time to move on from Taylor, unless of course 7-9 seasons are your thingAnd you could have won a SB with a short, running QB.

Skooby
09-14-2017, 04:19 PM

Conclusion - its time to move on from Taylor, unless of course 7-9 seasons are your thing
We've seen enough anyways. They're not going to win a lot and this just has to end, it's time for a change.

YardRat
09-14-2017, 04:23 PM
No one is indispensable on this team right now, but if I were to list the top three players that would be hardest to replace I would have to say Shady, Glenn and (wait for it...yes...) Dareus are those guys. The drop off between them and whoever would be plugged in to replace them is a ton steeper than other players and positions...including TT and QB.

Skooby
09-14-2017, 04:27 PM
No one is indispensable on this team right now, but if I were to list the top three players that would be hardest to replace I would have to say Shady, Glenn and (wait for it...yes...) Dareus are those guys. The drop off between them and whoever would be plugged in to replace them is a ton steeper than other players and positions...including TT and QB.

Yeah that's cool, I think it's that way as well. Tyrod is managing the game & not going to help us win it on his own shoulders. Since some people can't see that & WR can run routes without being targeted, it's a disaster formula.

kishoph
09-14-2017, 05:23 PM

Anybody that would try to insinuate that Taylor is more indispensable than McCoy is clueless. There's not a single victory in the past 2 seasons that you can attribute solely to Taylor's play, there's plenty of them where you could say without McCoy that was a loss.

IMO it doesn't matter if you like Taylor or don't like Taylor, this will be his last season with the Bills, they are not going to pay him $18 million next season. I wouldn't define that as indispensable.

swiper
09-14-2017, 05:39 PM
The paper is pumping this crap about TT being indispensable, it's maddening. I'm not obsessed with TT, I'm wondering how stupid people simply are from there to believe this crap. It's sickening.

Thank you for contributing the discussion by attacking me for pointing out lunacy, it makes this place better.

ROFLMAO at stupid people calling other people stupid. FOAD. You know exactly nothing about football.

Night Train
09-14-2017, 05:52 PM

I'm listening to Paul Simons' song One Trick Pony in your honor. Posting the same thing 2,000 times has become tiresome.

:deadhorse

Skooby
09-14-2017, 06:03 PM
ROFLMAO at stupid people calling other people stupid. FOAD. You know exactly nothing about football.

You have no idea. Tyrod is not a NFL starter. When he leaves, he never starts another NFL game as anything but a backup barring multi-level positional injuries on that specific team. So thinking we have gold or something special is the polar opposite of it being the case.
The local paper putting Tyrod above Shady is personal, nothing more or less and even thinking anything contrary to that being the case is shocking. The Bills run as Shady runs and if he doesn't play, the team loses. I could find stats that tie it together but trust me, Shady is the team and the rest are literally inter-changeable.

Skooby
09-14-2017, 06:06 PM
I'm listening to Paul Simons' song One Trick Pony in your honor. Posting the same thing 2,000 times has become tiresome.

:deadhorse

It takes a different level of stupidity to put Tyrod ahead of Shady, that's why I posted it. Skurski needs big meds & obviously, it's personal.

Arm of Harm
09-14-2017, 09:31 PM
It's unfortunate that so much of this discussion has been about Mitch Murray personally, instead of about the subject he's raised. I came here because I wanted a football forum, not a sniping at Mitch Murray forum.

Is Tyrod horrible? Well, no. He doesn't turn the ball over very often. He makes plays with his legs. He'll give you a play here or there with his arm. You can win games with a QB like that. Get rid of Tyrod and put in some highly incompetent QB, and you're probably looking at a few less wins for the Bills the past couple seasons.

He's the kind of QB who can help create job security for a front office or a coaching staff. Give 'em an extra year or two, on the theory that 7-9 is almost enough to make the playoffs. But he's not going to win any Super Bowls, unless he Trent Dilfers his way to a Super Bowl win. Not only is he replaceable, but he must be replaced if the Bills are going to hoist the Lombardy Trophy. If the Bills want a realistic chance of winning the Super Bowl, they need a franchise QB--which Taylor is clearly not. Also, they need to surround said franchise quarterback with a reasonably complete football team. If they do those two things, they'll give themselves a very realistic chance of winning a Super Bowl.

Novacane
09-14-2017, 10:32 PM
You have to pay to read the Buffalo News now? **** them!

Skooby
09-15-2017, 12:12 AM
It's unfortunate that so much of this discussion has been about Mitch Murray personally, instead of about the subject he's raised. I came here because I wanted a football forum, not a sniping at Mitch Murray forum.

Is Tyrod horrible? Well, no. He doesn't turn the ball over very often. He makes plays with his legs. He'll give you a play here or there with his arm. You can win games with a QB like that. Get rid of Tyrod and put in some highly incompetent QB, and you're probably looking at a few less wins for the Bills the past couple seasons.

He's the kind of QB who can help create job security for a front office or a coaching staff. Give 'em an extra year or two, on the theory that 7-9 is almost enough to make the playoffs. But he's not going to win any Super Bowls, unless he Trent Dilfers his way to a Super Bowl win. Not only is he replaceable, but he must be replaced if the Bills are going to hoist the Lombardy Trophy. If the Bills want a realistic chance of winning the Super Bowl, they need a franchise QB--which Taylor is clearly not. Also, they need to surround said franchise quarterback with a reasonably complete football team. If they do those two things, they'll give themselves a very realistic chance of winning a Super Bowl.
Haters going to hate.

Kenny
09-15-2017, 06:45 AM
Superbowl? Listen, Im not saying I believe TT is a guy who can put the team on his back and carry us to a championship. But he's a hell of a lot better than Dilfer. Plus, in the playoffs, it's a brand new game.

But here's a question for all of you. What do the Buffalo Bills and 17 years have in common?

DraftBoy
09-15-2017, 06:49 AM
You have to pay to read the Buffalo News now? **** them!

Yea, it's a new thing they're doing this year.

Arm of Harm
09-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Superbowl? Listen, Im not saying I believe TT is a guy who can put the team on his back and carry us to a championship. But he's a hell of a lot better than Dilfer. Plus, in the playoffs, it's a brand new game.

But here's a question for all of you. What do the Buffalo Bills and 17 years have in common?

The Bills' playoff drought began in 2000. Starting in the year 2000, the Miami Dolphins have made the playoffs four times (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miami_Dolphins_seasons). They went 2-4 in the postseason during that span, and never made it past the divisional round. I looked at projections for the Dolphins' season this year, and those projections are mostly in the 7-9 to 8-8 range. A season like that would be within the familiar range Bills fans have witnessed during our playoff drought.

Simply appearing in the playoffs, or even winning a wildcard playoff game, doesn't fundamentally alter the nature of your football team. It's not as though the Dolphins' playoff appearances have put them on some path to winning the Super Bowl that we're missing out on, due to our absence in postseason games. The Dolphins and the Bills have the same problem: both teams have QBs that are good enough to get you some regular season wins, maybe even let you sneak into the playoffs if other stuff goes well. But it's very rare for the Super Bowl champion to have a QB as mediocre as Tannehill or Taylor.

I'm not arguing that the two teams are the same, because Tannehill is clearly better than Taylor. Tannehill owns two 4000+ yard passing seasons (http://www.nfl.com/player/ryantannehill/2532956/profile), and had another season where he passed for over 3,900 yards. In Taylor's best season he passed for 3035 yards (http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/profile). Taylor will typically give you 300 - 400 more rushing yards a season than Tannehill. That helps, but not enough to offset the ~1000 yard difference in passing production. This past season Tannehill took a big step forward, at least in terms of his average yards per pass attempt. Overall, the Dolphins are better-positioned than the Bills to make a run at the Super Bowl, largely because they have the better quarterback. Taylor is at best the 4th best QB in the AFC East, after Brady, Garoppolo, and Tannehill.

Arm of Harm
09-15-2017, 10:48 AM
To add to my earlier post: I'm not saying that the Dolphins are particularly well-positioned for a Super Bowl run. The Dolphins' odds of doing so are listed at 1.1 percent (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20591865/bill-barnwell-2017-nfl-preview-case-all-32-teams-play-super-bowl-lii). That's more than double the Bills' chances--at 0.5 percent--but it's a very small chance in absolute terms.

swiper
09-15-2017, 12:36 PM
It takes a different level of stupidity to put Tyrod ahead of Shady, that's why I posted it. Skurski needs big meds & obviously, it's personal.

And obviously you're smarter than everyone.

:rofl:

Skooby
09-15-2017, 11:27 PM
And obviously you're smarter than everyone.

:rofl:

We don't share common knowledge, so do yourself a favor and go fish.

SpikedLemonade
09-16-2017, 12:11 AM
TT will show just how limiting that he is as a QB on Sunday.