X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Prepared to eat my words

I finally watched the game and Tyrod looked wayyy different. He was going toward the middle, threw into coverage, and didnt immediately take off. Some passes were to a multiple read target. I said multiple times last year that I thought Rex was putting this no turnover idea in his head which changed tyrods game, and I really think I'm right. In college and Baltimore he was one to throw in coverage and give his WR a chance at the ball. I see the old Tyrod in the jets game, which balances well with McCoy and our offense as a whole. I think dennisons offense is honestly perfect for Tyrod, just because he runs well doesn't mean he needs a one read then run offense. We have never seen him run a NFL offense and now we will, and this is something I preached last year. When we played Seattle, because of their secondary we ran a traditional offense and he played great. When we played Miami the second game we were desperate and allowed Tyrod to play a traditional offense and he did great, every other game it seemed like we forced a one read then run offense and it effected him massively I feel. He needs to be given a shot in a NFL offense and be able to play QB like a QB, and allow his elusive skill set to be used when necessary and not be our game plan like the previous staff did.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Topas
    German smartass
    • Feb 2014

Re: Prepared to eat my words

Well, week 1 is called 'national-jump-to-conclusion' week for a reason. But Tyrod was definitely better than expected. The Jets suck, but their defense should be at least top 20. not top 32 like the offense. So I take it for now...

I am just afraid that we win 7 games and again get no good QB... and 17 more years...

Comment

• Wally The Barber
      • Jul 2007

I wish he would run more.....like to Canada
      Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Meh. 57% completion rate for 8 yard average against the Jets.

He sits in the middle of the pack of NFL QBs in the stats column only because so many QBs stunk in Week #1, like Dalton, Palmer, and Russell Wilson.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I'm not seeing it. The Jets defense, especially the secondary, isn't good enough to hold the WR's of an opposing offense to 4 total catches. Sunday I saw the same Tyrod we've seen the last two seasons.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            Meh. 57% completion rate for 8 yard average against the Jets.

He sits in the middle of the pack of NFL QBs in the stats column only because so many QBs stunk in Week #1, like Dalton, Palmer, and Russell Wilson.
            Don't forget Brady! Brady sucked in week one too. Let's enjoy it while we can, because it's pretty likely that he'll throw for around 500 yards this week.

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

I think he is probably the best option for us right now, but I don't think I've seen him win a game yet when McCoy was shut down. I'm not an offensive expert, but it still seems like the OC has to run a really limited scheme for Taylor. Four WR catches (eight total targets!) in an entire game is something you'd normally only see at the high school level.
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                I finally watched the game and Tyrod looked wayyy different. He was going toward the middle, threw into coverage, and didnt immediately take off. Some passes were to a multiple read target. I said multiple times last year that I thought Rex was putting this no turnover idea in his head which changed tyrods game, and I really think I'm right. In college and Baltimore he was one to throw in coverage and give his WR a chance at the ball. I see the old Tyrod in the jets game, which balances well with McCoy and our offense as a whole. I think dennisons offense is honestly perfect for Tyrod, just because he runs well doesn't mean he needs a one read then run offense. We have never seen him run a NFL offense and now we will, and this is something I preached last year. When we played Seattle, because of their secondary we ran a traditional offense and he played great. When we played Miami the second game we were desperate and allowed Tyrod to play a traditional offense and he did great, every other game it seemed like we forced a one read then run offense and it effected him massively I feel. He needs to be given a shot in a NFL offense and be able to play QB like a QB, and allow his elusive skill set to be used when necessary and not be our game plan like the previous staff did.
                Let's be clear here, the WR are running timed routes to certain positions as part of our WCO. Since Tyrod like to scramble out of the pocket, how will his improvised movement going out of the pocket jive with that coordinated timing of the WR routes ?? It won't and can't, that's why Tyrod got only 4 completed passes to WR. It takes the WR out of the game, which then allows opposing defenses to focus more on our short yardage & running game.I understand this is week 1 and ironically Brady was statistically one of the worst ans this is all subject to change, so let's hope that this week Dennison draws up plays that allow Tyrod to run yet still have time via longer developing WR routes. I just don't see how Tyrod will all of sudden become a disciplined QB, it's just not in the cards.
                Last edited by Skooby; 09-15-2017, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

You guys ever considered the game plan against the Jets was to focus more on the TE and RB due to the coverages the Jets played?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                    You guys ever considered the game plan against the Jets was to focus more on the TE and RB due to the coverages the Jets played?
                    I'd consider it if Tyrod didn't have a 2 year history of under utilizing his wide receivers.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      I'm not seeing it. The Jets defense, especially the secondary, isn't good enough to hold the WR's of an opposing offense to 4 total catches. Sunday I saw the same Tyrod we've seen the last two seasons.
                      Are our WR's good enough to force an opposing defense to give us receptions?
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        Are our WR's good enough to force an opposing defense to give us receptions?
                        They used to be, but it still didn't help.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

I'm not going to complain about his performance Sunday.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                            I'm not going to complain about his performance Sunday.
                            He won the game. As much as I hate him. Just sick of certain people pimping a 5th round rookie they know nothing about.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                              • Aug 2012

The WR's cannot get any separation so it's a little hard to judge him... but we knew we wanted that when we traded Watkins for Matthews right?

Comment

Working...
                              X