X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

We aint tanking

Listen as Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott is mic'd up against the New York Jets in Week 1 of the 2017 NFL season.Subscribe to NFL Films: http://goo.g...

There is no way with his personality, that we are tanking. Also he really has a jon gruden personality, I really feel like our players would die for this guy. He was a great hire. But when looking at the psychology of a person, with how he interacts and shows emotion toward players, he is not tanking. Like incognito said, there's a whole new ****in energy here
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: We aint tanking

Meh

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Meh? That's all you got Squirt Gun?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

I'm not buying it yet. If they end up .500 or better at the bye then I will believe that they aren't deliberately tanking. Until then, the moves I've seen have lead me to believe they're tanking.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

You know what impressed me about that video? Not all the rah rah. It was him yelling go down go down after the interception. That's what I'm always yelling when a guy is trying to get an extra yard. I'm glad to see we have a coach that gets it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

He still talks too much for my liking. I don't like it when coaches tell media what they know about the team they are facing and what they think needs to be done.

BB has been successful because he knows information is key in winning a game. He's cheated to get it and he wont give it in return. He'll even tell you that Chris Kelsay is a great DE.

I know in the end it's all about the players performing their duties but every bit of information helps.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              He still talks too much for my liking. I don't like it when coaches tell media what they know about the team they are facing and what they think needs to be done.

BB has been successful because he knows information is key in winning a game. He's cheated to get it and he wont give it in return. He'll even tell you that Chris Kelsay is a great DE.

I know in the end it's all about the players performing their duties but every bit of information helps.
              Pink, but great. LOL.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCLrt3dkZw

There is no way with his personality, that we are tanking. Also he really has a jon gruden personality, I really feel like our players would die for this guy. He was a great hire. But when looking at the psychology of a person, with how he interacts and shows emotion toward players, he is not tanking. Like incognito said, there's a whole new ****in energy here
                It's not about personality.

It's about reality. If he truly feels there is no way to win with the habd he was dealt, there simply is no legit argument for not tanking. Stockpile draft picks and finish with 4-5 wins instead of 7-8.

As a fan, it's frustrating as **** to know we are going through another year without playoffs. As a rational person, I know this is a necessary evil.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

We lost Watkins who barely ever played, and got Mathews
                  We lost Woods and got Zay
                  We lost Darby and Gilmore and got Gaines and White

We aren't tanking, we wouldn't of replaced these players with good players if we were. I could argue that we got rid of some inconsistencies for solid players. Gilmore, Darby, Woods, and Watkins were never consistent.
                  Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

People made this same mistake during the Sabres' tank.

It's not about effort or determination. It's about the talent you're putting out there.

The Bills, like the Sabres, are in demolition mode. They're going to re-pour the foundation and build from the ground up.

Until then, the guys out there will play to the best of their limited ability, and they won't ever give up.

But they'll lose. Because they're not good.

The idea is, eventually they'll get their Eichel or McDavid, in the form of a QB, and build from there.

The notion that any of these teams are out there playing as though they're point shaving is pure stupidity.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                      We lost Watkins who barely ever played, and got Mathews
                      We lost Woods and got Zay
                      We lost Darby and Gilmore and got Gaines and White

We aren't tanking, we wouldn't of replaced these players with good players if we were. I could argue that we got rid of some inconsistencies for solid players. Gilmore, Darby, Woods, and Watkins were never consistent.
                      Zay is completely unproven at the NFL level. Gaines was consistently graded worse than Darby last year. Mathews isn't as talented as Watkins- the only argument in defense of this move is if Mathews canbe on the field more consistently than Watkins was, and he's already been hurt once. White- you could argue that he's a better value than Gilmore but he's not more talented.

There is no way to argue against this being a talent downgrade.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Oh and just for the record: I never liked Gilmore and I'm glad we didn't overlay him. But once again, the Bills failed to replace him with anyone equal or better.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          People made this same mistake during the Sabres' tank.

It's not about effort or determination. It's about the talent you're putting out there.

The Bills, like the Sabres, are in demolition mode. They're going to re-pour the foundation and build from the ground up.

Until then, the guys out there will play to the best of their limited ability, and they won't ever give up.

But they'll lose. Because they're not good.

The idea is, eventually they'll get their Eichel or McDavid, in the form of a QB, and build from there.

The notion that any of these teams are out there playing as though they're point shaving is pure stupidity.
                          Agree. the players and coaches are trying

management is not..... for this year anyway
                          I came.
                          I saw.
                          I conquered.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            Zay is completely unproven at the NFL level. Gaines was consistently graded worse than Darby last year. Mathews isn't as talented as Watkins- the only argument in defense of this move is if Mathews canbe on the field more consistently than Watkins was, and he's already been hurt once. White- you could argue that he's a better value than Gilmore but he's not more talented.

There is no way to argue against this being a talent downgrade.

no doubt talent wise we downgraded, but that isnt the argument. It's whether we are tanking.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              Oh and just for the record: I never liked Gilmore and I'm glad we didn't overlay him. But once again, the Bills failed to replace him with anyone equal or better.
                              Cant make that determination just yet. Yes we played the lowly jets but.....

Bills pass D 9th
                              NE pass D 30th

Did we upgrade the safety position? If I may make an assumption after 1 game like you just did, I think we did.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X