PDA

View Full Version : TT passing from behind on the road

Mace
09-16-2017, 12:48 PM
Might have been mentioned before but I don't remember seeing it.

When the Bills were trailing in road games last season, Taylor's passer rating was 67.2, or 30th among qualifying NFL quarterbacks, and he threw only one touchdown.

Via ESPN Rodak who predicts Car 21 Buf 17 : http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/248390

Not too sure it's conclusive with all the variables from then to now (diff offenses, playcalls, playbooks, staff, players, philosophy), but it sure does confirm my view of Taylor to date. As for this year, I think he's largely in uncharted waters regardless of how I expect it to play out.

SpikedLemonade
09-16-2017, 12:58 PM
The majority of Bills fans will be calling for his benching after Sunday's game.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-16-2017, 01:24 PM
The majority of Bills fans will be calling for his benching after Sunday's game.
Not me spiked. Tank away baby!

YardRat
09-16-2017, 03:32 PM
He is who we think he is.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/009/581/Dennis_Green.jpg

Arm of Harm
09-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Not me spiked. Tank away baby!

I was saying the same thing before the season started. I was hoping we'd get the same Tyrod in the regular season that we'd seen in the preseason. Do I think Tyrod's performance against the Jets is overrated? Yes. Do I think that it was substantially better than what he did in the preseason? Also yes. Basically I think we're looking at the same Tyrod we've seen the last two years. With, potentially, the same or similar record. Not good enough to get into the playoffs, not bad enough to get an early draft pick.

djjimkelly
09-16-2017, 04:58 PM
the next 5-6 weeks will be the end of tyrod in the nfl. he may finish this season as our starter. but this stretch of games is gonna be very rough for the bills and especially tyrod

still hoping for 3-13

Joe Fo Sho
09-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Tyrod has 1 come from behind victory on the road, against the 3-13 Tennessee Titans. He has 3 4th quarter comebacks total, against 3 ****ty teams from the AFC South. Very impressive.

kishoph
09-17-2017, 05:02 AM
the next 5-6 weeks will be the end of tyrod in the nfl. he may finish this season as our starter. but this stretch of games is gonna be very rough for the bills and especially tyrod

still hoping for 3-13

I wouldn't think that he'd be done in the NFL, a team that is willing to design their offense around Taylor's style will pick him up. The problem is that teams are trying to build their offenses around the more traditional pocket passing QB's. Taylor is an elite athlete, and has a powerful arm and is great at making something out of a broken play. Problem is you can't design and game plan your offense on broken plays. IMO Taylor more than likely will get a shot at starting for another team, I just don't see him doing what it takes to be a successful QB in passing game.

SpikedLemonade
09-17-2017, 05:33 AM
I was saying the same thing before the season started. I was hoping we'd get the same Tyrod in the regular season that we'd seen in the preseason. Do I think Tyrod's performance against the Jets is overrated? Yes. Do I think that it was substantially better than what he did in the preseason? Also yes. Basically I think we're looking at the same Tyrod we've seen the last two years. With, potentially, the same or similar record. Not good enough to get into the playoffs, not bad enough to get an early draft pick.

In other words, a Living Hell....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCe0TQEvTgU

djjimkelly
09-17-2017, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't think that he'd be done in the NFL, a team that is willing to design their offense around Taylor's style will pick him up. The problem is that teams are trying to build their offenses around the more traditional pocket passing QB's. Taylor is an elite athlete, and has a powerful arm and is great at making something out of a broken play. Problem is you can't design and game plan your offense on broken plays. IMO Taylor more than likely will get a shot at starting for another team, I just don't see him doing what it takes to be a successful QB in passing game.

tebow is an elite athlete also but neither is an nfl qb. its not tyrods fault hes our qb but im looking forward to him being gone and GL to him once he leaves

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Zzzzzz.....

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2017, 12:54 PM
He wasn't that good last week and he's terrible today. Bring out the rookie.

SpikedLemonade
09-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Pull the Piece of Crap out of the game.

Show some balls.

Put in Peterman.

Novacane
09-17-2017, 01:07 PM
I fell asleep watching this so called offense.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2017, 01:13 PM
They had an out on his contract. They should have taken it instead of restructuring.

Of course getting rid of him wouldn't have made this team a playoff contender but they're not one now and it would have allowed Peterman to get some development time and management an idea if he was a guy worth going forward with or just canning in the offseason.

baalworship
09-17-2017, 04:56 PM
They had an out on his contract. They should have taken it instead of restructuring.

Of course getting rid of him wouldn't have made this team a playoff contender but they're not one now and it would have allowed Peterman to get some development time and management an idea if he was a guy worth going forward with or just canning in the offseason.

This is on Sean McDermott. He watched all the film on the Bills from 2016 and this is his vision.

Arm of Harm
09-17-2017, 08:31 PM
This is on Sean McDermott. He watched all the film on the Bills from 2016 and this is his vision.

Yes and no. You have to look at what his options actually were. There were the QBs already on the team. The best of those was Tyrod. Then there were the QBs available in the draft. McDermott made the decision that the QBs available in the first round of next years' draft would be better than the QBs taken in the first round of this draft. He also chose to use a 5th rounder on Peterman. Finally, there were the QBs available in free agency. None of those jumped out at me as being starter material. (Unless I'm overlooking someone?)

Bottom line: McDermott inherited a roster without a QB. I hope he fixes that problem sooner rather than later. But to make the situation sound like it's 100% his fault is putting too much of the blame on him, too little on Whaley.