PDA

View Full Version : No bull**** excuses for Tyrod

YardRat
09-17-2017, 02:35 PM
Jones got open. Taylor missed the throw.

Simple as that.

BertSquirtgum
09-17-2017, 02:36 PM
I don't know how anyone can stick up for Tyrod Taylor. He's ****ing terrible I don't know how people can't see it

kingJofNYC
09-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Dude, the pass hit Jones in the hands, I mean he has to catch that.

Could Taylor deliver a better ball, yeah, but that **** still hit him in the hands. We did nothing on O all day.

Novacane
09-17-2017, 02:39 PM
TT just isn't good enough. I hope Beane and McD see that. Yeah Zay could of made that catch but with the ball high and his momentum going the other way it would of been an outstanding grab. We have to get a QB that doesn't require great plays by his receivers.

Stewie
09-17-2017, 02:39 PM
I like Tyrod. I have seen him get better at keeping his eyes downfield, looking at multiple targets. That said, it was a bad throw. He has to make that throw, that should have been a pitch and catch running into the endzone near the pylon.

Crisis
09-17-2017, 02:41 PM
That play is like 80% on Tyrod and 20 on Zay.

Why are our offense and defense never good at the same time??

Novacane
09-17-2017, 02:41 PM
I think Jones would tell you he should of made that catch. He's a rookie. He may make that catch in the future. TT can say he could of made a better throw but we've seen enough of him to know he can't. That's TT in a nutshell.

DraftBoy
09-17-2017, 02:42 PM
I'd go 60 - 40 Taylor to Jones, both players at fault.

Novacane
09-17-2017, 02:43 PM
I like Tyrod. I have seen him get better at keeping his eyes downfield, looking at multiple targets. That said, it was a bad throw. He has to make that throw, that should have been a pitch and catch running into the endzone near the pylon.

Exactly. He was so open it should not have had to of been a twisting circus catch. It should of been an easy walk in TD.

ICRockets
09-17-2017, 02:58 PM
I'd go 60 - 40 Taylor to Jones, both players at fault.

And yet, quibbling over the blame percentage seems to be one of them there bull**** excuses. Tyrod was putrid today. So were some others, presumably, but Tyrod Taylor did not play well enough to have deserved a win today.

YardRat
09-17-2017, 02:59 PM
80-20, Taylor-Zay.

That play is the definition of what Tyrod is as a QB. Good enough to get it in the general area, not good enough to actually make the play. That's the difference between winning and being mediocre.

It's nice when a WR can make a circus catch, but let's face it...even if Zay caught that specific pass, he's down short of the end zone, the team burns it's last time out, and has time for maybe one or two plays to try and score. A real throw from a real QB and Jones walks into the end zone untouched and we're talking about a 2-0 start to the season.

Could Peterman have made a better throw under those circumstances today? I don't know. However, I do know we've got 2-plus years of history that shows that Tyrod can't.

DraftBoy
09-17-2017, 02:59 PM
And yet, quibbling over the blame percentage seems to be one of them there bull**** excuses. Tyrod was putrid today. So were some others, presumably, but Tyrod Taylor did not play well enough to have deserved a win today.

No question there at all. Taylor was horrific all day. Two decent drives isn't close to being good enough.

DraftBoy
09-17-2017, 03:01 PM
https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/909511839784034307/video/1

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/909511839784034307/video/1

Video for those that haven't seen it, or want to see it again.

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2017, 03:03 PM
It's pretty crystal clear that all a defense has to do is contain Shady and we are essentially castrated.

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2017, 03:06 PM
https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/909511839784034307/video/1.

- - - Updated - - -
Like I said in the game day thread. Over the wrong damn shoulder. That is an awfully big ask for your WR. Jones is the consummate teammate so he will be eager to take the blame, but that's almost all on the QB.

Video for those that haven't seen it, or want to see it again

kingJofNYC
09-17-2017, 03:12 PM
- - - Updated - - -
Like I said in the game day thread. Over the wrong damn shoulder. That is an awfully big ask for your WR. Jones is the consummate teammate so he will be eager to take the blame, but that's almost all on the QB.

Video for those that haven't seen it, or want to see it again

Or Zay flattened the route and took it to the sideline instead of the pylon where it goes for 6. End of the day, it's WR/QB not being on the same page, that's what happens when you run out rookies.

Unless you run out Kupp, who would run an ace route to kill the Panthers by 1.

Mr. Pink
That throw is that QB in a nutshell. Needs the receiver to be wide open aka no one near the receiver and he still cannot deliver an accurate pass. But he doesn't turn the ball over so someone people will bend over backwards to defend him. Could Zay have come down with that ball? Yes. But a properly thrown ball and Zay is in the end zone and the Bills have the win.

Didn't watch the game but judging by a few comments on here I read and the stat line, I'm guessing the Panthers stacked the box daring the Bills to beat them throwing the ball and in typical fashion, that QB was unable to do that.

YardRat
Seven catches by WR's today, pretty sure 5 of them were on the last drive. Still don't have a guy with 4 receptions in one game. I would bet real money we are in 32nd place for catches by wide receivers.

YardRat
09-17-2017, 03:14 PM
Or Zay flattened the route and took it to the sideline instead of the pylon where it goes for 6. End of the day, it's WR/QB not being on the same page, that's what happens when you run out rookies.

Unless you run out Kupp, who would run an ace route to kill the Panthers by 1.
If you think that pass is heading for the pylon, where it absolutely should be thrown, I have to disagree.

Thurmal
09-17-2017, 03:16 PM
I keep hearing that the pass hit Jones in the hands, so he should've caught it. Nonsense. He was running his route toward the middle of the field, wide open, and had to stop on a dime and jump backwards the opposite way to even touch it. That was an awful pass, and any halfway decent QB would've nailed it for the game-winner. All on Taylor.

YardRat
09-17-2017, 03:16 PM
It's kind of comical to see Zay Jones make one helluva athletic adjustment to a very poorly thrown ball to give him a chance to catch it and he's getting **** because it hit his hands.

kishoph
09-17-2017, 03:19 PM
It should have never came down to one final play, the offense was terrible. The offense hung the defense out to dry for almost 3 complete quarters, yet the defense kept the game close enough for the offense to pull out a win and they failed.

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2017, 03:20 PM
It's kind of comical to see Zay Jones make one helluva athletic adjustment to a very poorly thrown ball to give him a chance to catch it and he's getting **** because it hit his hands.
Exactly right.

Novacane
09-17-2017, 03:28 PM
That throw is that QB in a nutshell. Needs the receiver to be wide open aka no one near the receiver and he still cannot deliver an accurate pass. But he doesn't turn the ball over so someone people will bend over backwards to defend him. Could Zay have come down with that ball? Yes. But a properly thrown ball and Zay is in the end zone and the Bills have the win.

Didn't watch the game but judging by a few comments on here I read and the stat line, I'm guessing the Panthers stacked the box daring the Bills to beat them throwing the ball and in typical fashion, that QB was unable to do that.

Pretty much sums it up! TT didn't even attempt to beat that D with longer passes until the end of the game when he was forced to. It was one quick look then dump it off short or take off running. TT defenders will blame Dennison.

djjimkelly
09-17-2017, 03:29 PM
That play is like 80% on Tyrod and 20 on Zay.

Why are our offense and defense never good at the same time??

honestly cam newton still isnt 100% and i wouldnt call him a prolific passer.

the jury is still out on the bills D

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2017, 03:30 PM
Side note: Watching what a real QB (Carr) can do to the Jets' D. Side, side note: I hope Oakland wins the big one this year and the team goes on strike to protest the move to freakin' Las Vegas.

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2017, 03:32 PM

the jury is still out on the bills D

The jury may still be out, but they were really good today. Five sacks is pretty damn solid. The only thing missing was a turnover or two.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Side note: Watching what a real QB (Carr) can do to the Jets' D. Side, side note: I hope Oakland wins the big one this year and the team goes on strike to protest the move to freakin' Las Vegas.

People around here would be served well to actually watch other games around the league to see what a real QB actually is. Then maybe the board wouldn't be full of apologists towards the garbage this franchise has put forth since Bledsoe.

Wally The Barber
09-17-2017, 03:35 PM
buffalo had many many chances and with an average offense would have scored more points in the first half

it wasn't all one play

Novacane
09-17-2017, 03:50 PM
People around here would be served well to actually watch other games around the league to see what a real QB actually is. Then maybe the board wouldn't be full of apologists towards the garbage this franchise has put forth since Bledsoe.

LOL. Not happening. The TT apologists are going down with the ship! They won't ever give up. I don't think that the board is full of them though. There's only a few delusional diehards remaining.

BillyT92679
09-17-2017, 03:54 PM

the jury is still out on the bills Dno, they were really good on D

Mr. Pink
09-17-2017, 04:00 PM
LOL. Not happening. The TT apologists are going down with the ship! They won't ever give up. I don't think that the board is full of them though. There's only a few delusional diehards remaining.

It's not just the guy now. People defended Losman and Edwards until they were finally shown the door, hell even Holcomb had some defenders. The only guy that didn't really get any defenders at all was Orton, and he's the best QB this franchise has had since Bledsoe.

Scumbag College
09-17-2017, 04:02 PM
I was a Tyrod apologist/borderline fan coming into this season but that pass at the end was inexcusable. If he made an NFL Starting QB worthy throw the Bills are an ugly 2-0.

Skooby
09-17-2017, 04:08 PM
There's nothing to defend, the Bills have been terrible ongoing.

DraftBoy
09-17-2017, 04:31 PM
I keep hearing that the pass hit Jones in the hands, so he should've caught it. Nonsense. He was running his route toward the middle of the field, wide open, and had to stop on a dime and jump backwards the opposite way to even touch it. That was an awful pass, and any halfway decent QB would've nailed it for the game-winner. All on Taylor.

The route was designed to go back to the sideline. They were running a smash concept.

baalworship
09-17-2017, 04:58 PM
The Bills not only brought back Tyrod after he failed last year. They signed him to a contract where TT gets more thore than 8 MILLION in dead cap space.

Sean traded up for Zay Jones, a possession receiver. This team has no clue.

Forward_Lateral
09-17-2017, 05:43 PM
Taylor single handedly wasted close to a minute in the last drive while rushing for 4 yards

Arm of Harm
09-17-2017, 08:45 PM
It's not just the guy now. People defended Losman and Edwards until they were finally shown the door, hell even Holcomb had some defenders. The only guy that didn't really get any defenders at all was Orton, and he's the best QB this franchise has had since Bledsoe.

I was one of Orton's defenders for a while. At midseason he was playing at a very high level, at least by this team's standards. He seemed focused, motivated, driven. But for whatever reason, the quality of his play declined towards the end of the season. Maybe he was playing hurt. Maybe he'd lost faith in the coaching staff and front office, and so wasn't trying as hard. Maybe he'd begun mentally retiring. Who knows?

But give me several years of midseason Kyle Orton, and I'd gladly take that over any of the other quarterbacking this team has seen since Kelly.

CommissarSpartacus
09-17-2017, 08:55 PM
Kelly Holcomb was the best qb we've had since Flutie, but he got run over by Losmania.