PDA

View Full Version : Balls and goats.

Novacane
09-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Balls. Defense. Specifically Hughes, Alexander, Lawson and Poyer.

Goats
O-line. They were manhandled in the running game
TT- he's just not good enough. No more to say.
Hauschka- I hate being nervous every time we line up for a FG. So far both his attempts are giving me reason to be nervous.
McDermott- only because of not using a time out after TT stupidly ran for a short gain instead of throwing the ball away. Our HC needs to call a TO immediately after that play!

Fixxxer
09-17-2017, 03:24 PM
Balls
Hughes
Lawson
Poyer
White

Goats
OL
TT
Clay (bad decision on the punt return, call Reilly up from the PS)

YardRat
09-17-2017, 03:25 PM
I agree with the balls...especially considered they had every right to use the heat, getting gassed, the offense, time of possession et al as an excuse for wilting and they didn't.

Goats = everybody associated with the offense, just a horrid performance all around.

Hauschka makes me nervous, but he did hit it...and I don't have a problem with the time management at the end of the game.

Crisis
09-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Hauschka makes me nervous, but he did hit it...and I don't have a problem with the time management at the end of the game.
Agreed. The poor time management is more on Tyrod being an idiot and wasting time for 3 yard gains.

I don't like Humber, either. Defense played very well but he had a couple of noticeably poor plays. Not wrapping up Cam on the sideline on the first drive of the day probably being the biggest one.

Novacane
09-17-2017, 03:33 PM
Agreed. The poor time management is more on Tyrod being an idiot and wasting time for 3 yard gains.

I don't like Humber, either. Defense played very well but he had a couple of noticeably poor plays. Not wrapping up Cam on the sideline on the first drive of the day probably being the biggest one.

Even more proof he just doesn't get it! Not that we didn't already know that.

kishoph
09-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Balls
Hughes
Lawson
Poyer
White

Goats
OL
TT
Clay (bad decision on the punt return, call Reilly up from the PS)

Maybe they should get the guy that had the 2nd highest punt return average (over 15 returns) last season. Oh wait, they have him, he was inactive today.

Fixxxer
09-17-2017, 03:40 PM

Why? He's nothing special but he is a very good fit for the defense, he was flying around against the Jets last week.. Lorax had a good game but overpursued a couple of plays today.

Thurmal
09-17-2017, 03:55 PM
Goat - Taylor. The first completion I remember seeing to a WR was with 5:00 left in the 3rd quarter. That pass to a wide open Zay Jones at the end of the game was borderline uncatchable.

jimmifli
09-17-2017, 04:08 PM
Poyer needs some time on the jugs, he's around the ball enough for it to be worth his while. He seems to fit this scheme well and has been a redzone presence two weeks in a row. Safety play was top notch again.

DraftBoy
09-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Goat - Taylor. The first completion I remember seeing to a WR was with 5:00 left in the 3rd quarter. That pass to a wide open Zay Jones at the end of the game was borderline uncatchable.

While he's definitely a goat, his first completion of the game was to a WR.

sudzy
09-17-2017, 05:57 PM
and I don't have a problem with the time management at the end of the game.

You don't have a problem with the 1st TO? If your going to use the TO, then use it, if your going to save it, then save it. But, don't let the Panthers run 15-20 seconds off the play clock and then call one. Inexcusable. McDermott gets a goat.

The O-line (mills should get 2) and Tyrod are Goats

Balls go to Hughes, Lawson, Poyer

Night Train
09-17-2017, 05:58 PM
Balls - Defense

Goats - TT, OL and Dennison

jimmifli
09-17-2017, 06:13 PM
Balls - McD, he's much better at sideline clapping than Dick Jauron.

Mace
09-17-2017, 06:40 PM
To me this game was real simple on the choices.

Balls : Defense.
Goats : Offense.

Any other distinctions are shades of grey.

If you can hold Carolina without a touchdown and only need one yourself....a team needs to step up and be able to get it, we're not talking shootout here. Carolina has a very good D, but 107 net passing yards and 69 net rushing yards (55 of them by the QB) are shameful numbers by any offense with veterans that have any degree of pride, skill and desire.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Balls: Defense, when you only allow 9 points you have done your ****ing job.

Goats:
Taylor, O Line

BertSquirtgum
09-17-2017, 09:51 PM
Balls - McD, he's much better at sideline clapping than Dick Jauron.
His maniacal clapping after negative plays drive me crazy.

Mace
09-17-2017, 09:57 PM
His maniacal clapping after negative plays drive me crazy.

Yeah, that's starting to get on my nerves. Sometimes a coach needs to stand there and look pissed off with his hands on his hips at the guys running past him, and it's not inappropriate.

Forward_Lateral
09-18-2017, 07:29 AM
I have no problem with McD's sideline positive approach.

Historian
09-18-2017, 07:41 AM
Balls:

Poyter
Lawson
Team discipline

Goats:

Entire offense and staff thereof.
Side Judge. Keep your fat ass upright.

This was one of those games, like the Ravens game last year, where any semblance of offense at least gets you overtime, if not a win.

Maybe more frustrating than a blowout.

baalworship
09-18-2017, 07:50 AM
Poyer has surprised me in a good way.

You have to give the Bills passing offense an F.

That goes through Rick Dennison, Tyrod Taylor, the WR's, and the pass protection.

ticatfan
09-18-2017, 07:57 AM
Who was calling the plays? Like the 4th and 1. Some easy balls dropped. Tyrod was on the run because of poor protection. And Tyrod made some rookie mistakes but showed more promise IMO.

kishoph
09-18-2017, 08:06 AM
I have to give a goat to McDermott, his time management and use of the timeouts was terrible. In a game that came down to the final seconds, McD wasted way too many of them.

Ball goes to Poyer, twice he saved a TD on 3rd down, forcing the Panthers to go for FG's. He also had a sack in the 3rd quarter with the Panthers on their 40, after another sack by Hughes, they punted and the Bills got the ball back, then marched 40 yards to get their 3 points.

daryls61
09-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Balls:Hughes - BeastSack Lawson - TerrorMeatball - High motor. Deserves to be traded to playoff team before deadlineThe Yarbrough Man - SackOne Man Gang - Sack and 9 tacklesPoyer - Sack - 11 tackles. Nice signing my WhaleyFergerson - Excellent snaps all dayGoats:TMobile - Not an NFL QB. Perfect for tank year thoughMills - TurnstyleMiller - Costly penaltyJones - Crushing dropClay (The Returner) - Fumble and got jacked upThe FB (Can't remember his name) - dropped 1st down pass

Forward_Lateral
09-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Who was calling the plays? Like the 4th and 1. Some easy balls dropped. Tyrod was on the run because of poor protection. And Tyrod made some rookie mistakes but showed more promise IMO.
He was on the run, but only because he's a one read QB, then it's either a checkdown for a 2 yard pass, or a scramble.

ticatfan
09-18-2017, 12:05 PM
He was on the run, but only because he's a one read QB, then it's either a checkdown for a 2 yard pass, or a scramble.4th and one and if I remember , he was in the shotgun and threw the ball back to the runner,made it a 4th and 9.

kishoph
09-18-2017, 01:13 PM

Tyrod was on the run because that's what Tyrod does. So our 7th year QB made some rookie mistakes, well maybe in another 2-3 years he"ll stop making rookie mistakes.

Not trying to be an ass, but what promise did Taylor show ?
8 of his 17 completions were at or behind the LOS. He attempted only 5 passes that were thrown more than 10 yards in the air, 2 were complete, 2 were out of bounds and the last one was to an open Zay Jones and Taylor couldn't throw him a decent ball. Sorry I don't see any promise.

baalworship
09-18-2017, 04:03 PM
Tyrod was on the run because that's what Tyrod does. So our 7th year QB made some rookie mistakes, well maybe in another 2-3 years he"ll stop making rookie mistakes.

Not trying to be an ass, but what promise did Taylor show ?
8 of his 17 completions were at or behind the LOS. He attempted only 5 passes that were thrown more than 10 yards in the air, 2 were complete, 2 were out of bounds and the last one was to an open Zay Jones and Taylor couldn't throw him a decent ball. Sorry I don't see any promise.

The goal for an NFL team should be to win a Superbowl. It's a yes or no question. Can Tyrod Taylor win me a Superbowl? If the answer is no (and it has been apparent watching him play) there is no reason to keep trotting him out there. My fear is not that he plays out the string this year. I am starting to worry these guys bring him back for 2018.

If you listen to Dennison and his Tyrod kept us in the game comment it is apparent that's what Dennison and his boss values. Keep the game close, don't turnover the football. Well, on that front TT could be said to be succeeding. I really want the standard raised much higher because you need to play to win in the NFL, not play not to lose. QB's need to make plays and throws when the game is close because it ususally is.

kishoph
09-18-2017, 07:24 PM
The goal for an NFL team should be to win a Superbowl. It's a yes or no question. Can Tyrod Taylor win me a Superbowl? If the answer is no (and it has been apparent watching him play) there is no reason to keep trotting him out there. My fear is not that he plays out the string this year. I am starting to worry these guys bring him back for 2018.

If you listen to Dennison and his Tyrod kept us in the game comment it is apparent that's what Dennison and his boss values. Keep the game close, don't turnover the football. Well, on that front TT could be said to be succeeding. I really want the standard raised much higher because you need to play to win in the NFL, not play not to lose. QB's need to make plays and throws when the game is close because it ususally is.

I had to laugh when I heard that "Tyrod kept us in the game" comment, if I didn't know better I would of thought he was joking. If the score was something like 35-31 with the Bills having a chance to win, then the QB kept you in the game. When your offense scored a total of 3 points, your QB did nothing.

baalworship
09-19-2017, 08:24 AM
I had to laugh when I heard that "Tyrod kept us in the game" comment, if I didn't know better I would of thought he was joking. If the score was something like 35-31 with the Bills having a chance to win, then the QB kept you in the game. When your offense scored a total of 3 points, your QB did nothing.

It speaks to a play not to lose coaching philosophy. We have seen this movie before.