X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buffalobillsfan95
    • Jan 2010

The Bills are simply not good

Let me first state that I'm obviously upset about the loss. I hope this doesn't cloud my judgment and make my point a reach.

Ive been watching the bills for years, like many of us, and notice the glaring difference between winners and the bills. The good/great teams are able to elevate there games to the competition. I'll give credit to the defense, as we should win 9 out of 10 games if we hold the opposing team to 9 points.

The reason the bills tug our heart strings is because they give the illusion every year that "we might be good this year...maybe?"

what we need is consistency. We can't keep hoping that we get lucky.

To finish my point... I think we are heading on the right direction but will we finally take that step all the other bills teams have been fielded over the years?

i guess that question is why we still watch
    “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein
  • Pennywise
    • Mar 2005

Re: The Bills are simply not good

You should win 10 out of 10 games when you hold the opposition to 9 points.

This loss is on Taylor. He was awful. He not only sucked throwing the ball but, because of that, our run offense sucked as well. He even shows he is a little bit of a threat to make plays with his arm and the Bills would have been able to move the ball on the ground.

I really believe this team would be a solid playoff team with competent QB play.

Comment

• baalworship
      • May 2003

This loss is on Russ Brandon. Cut and don't resign your best young players. Sean McD looks like a young GWilliams or Dick Jauron.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Unfortunately didn't get to watch the game. Sundays have become very busy this year, and honestly can't say I'm that bummed about missing them at this point. Sort of in "wake me up when we get to the playoffs" mode.

I said before the year that I expect the defense to look average and the offense to look really bad. Seems like that was the case today. I do get the feeling they're kind of riding Tyrod's contract out until they get their franchise player (which almost has to be at the top of the draft).
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by baalworship View Post
          This loss is on Russ Brandon. Cut and don't resign your best young players. Sean McD looks like a young GWilliams or Dick Jauron.
          Russ Brandon? WTF? We all hate this game, but this is a game that no one thought the Bils could win. After the game everyone thinks they "could have" won the game had the offensive play calling been a little more special. And that's possible. There's certainly a lot of blame to go Brandon's way over the years, but I don't see how you pin this on him.

The OC never really called plays before. Maybe he'll get better.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • May 2024

OK

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
              I said before the year that I expect the defense to look average and the offense to look really bad. Seems like that was the case today. I do get the feeling they're kind of riding Tyrod's contract out until they get their franchise player (which almost has to be at the top of the draft).
              Agree about Tyrod, but think this defense actually looks like it's well on the road past average.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                • Jul 2002

This is a 2 to 4 win team no matter who plays QB. Just look at the schedule & try to find more than 4 wins-can't be done without some mega reaching. Denver won 42-17 against Dallas today. I dare anyone to make a rational case for a win next week. Outside of the next Jets game, and possibly Cincinnati, where do you seriously see any victories. Maybe a lucky bounce in 1 other game gets us win #4, which only hurts our draft choice. Might as well lose out & get a real QB.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  • May 2009

Tyrod Taylor is simply not good. Even average QB play would relieve some of the stacking the box. Tyrod is just so bad. The Bills need to realize they have a running back playing quarterback and need to try Pete Naterman.

Comment

• baalworship
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    Russ Brandon? WTF? We all hate this game, but this is a game that no one thought the Bils could win. After the game everyone thinks they "could have" won the game had the offensive play calling been a little more special. And that's possible. There's certainly a lot of blame to go Brandon's way over the years, but I don't see how you pin this on him.

The OC never really called plays before. Maybe he'll get better.
                    Well, the talent level on this team is on Beane and McDermott. They are the ones who brought back Tyrod Taylor. They are the ones who traded Sammy Watkins. They are the ones who traded Ronald Darby. They are the ones who moved on from Stephon Gillmore, Mike Gilislee, and Jonathan Williams. This is their team now.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

I'm not that down on them, although I agree that perusing the schedule is kind of depressing.

What I like about this team the most is what I don't see: 135 yards a week in penalties.

I like that the defense is stingy again.

I think it's a good foundation.

But this year is probably already a washout.

Comment

• ticatfan
                        The Meathead of Muslims!
                        • Jul 2002

The why did the bills not go after Kaep. RH111 or even manzeil. Who else is out there? Musical QB's is not the answer.
                        Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                        Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                          I'm not that down on them, although I agree that perusing the schedule is kind of depressing.

What I like about this team the most is what I don't see: 135 yards a week in penalties.

I like that the defense is stingy again.

I think it's a good foundation.

But this year is probably already a washout.
                          I agree with this. Posters here are kind of nutso. They predict 3 wins and then they're like freaked out when the D allows 9 points on the road to a SB team from 2 years ago. Yeah Tie Rod ain't Tom Brady. Duh. That's why you predicted 3-6 wins all over this board. Or did beating the f'n Jets change your minds?

Comment

• baalworship
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by ticatfan View Post
                            The why did the bills not go after Kaep. RH111 or even manzeil. Who else is out there? Musical QB's is not the answer.
                            The Bills made no attempt to upgrade the QB play or passing game this year. If they wanted a stop-gap veteran to run the WCO they could have got a guy like Nick Foles for 6 million bucks. He is a better passer than Tyrod and fits the scheme they insist on running. At the draft they passed on top QB prospects again and drafted a cornerback to replace the one they let go in free agency. Not very inspiring personnel management.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by baalworship View Post
                              The Bills made no attempt to upgrade the QB play or passing game this year. If they wanted a stop-gap veteran to run the WCO they could have got a guy like Nick Foles for 6 million bucks. He is a better passer than Tyrod and fits the scheme they insist on running. At the draft they passed on top QB prospects again and drafted a cornerback to replace the one they let go in free agency. Not very inspiring personnel management.
                              Nick Foles sucks. Kaep sucks. Tie Rod sucks too but he's every bit as good as those 2 bums. What you're talking about is pure nonsense anyway. The last thing and I mean the last thing the Bills want to do is win 8 games because they got a slightly less sucky but still sucky guy under center. The goal is not perpetual mediocrity until we all die. Or is 17 years just a warm up for you? WE NEED A REAL QB. Repeat as often as it takes for that fact to settle in and getting 8 wins is not helpful to that end. The Cincy game is pick em and even if we win it you might see Peterman after the bye. Is that a good thing? Absolutely. Not because we know what he is but because we don't. This is what Historian said a rebuilding year.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍