• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

I'm not mad about this game

Despite the close loss, I like what I see from McD's team. Suffocating run defense, a team that wants to play disciplined, and some good pass rush concepts.

We lost this game for a lack of talent, and a lack of experience. This we all knew going in. We don't have Carolina's LBs. We don't have outside WRs that can separate. Jordan Mills sucks. Zay Jones is a rook.

As I watched the loss, I noticed most of our failures were largely individual. Some can be learned from. I think we win games like this in a year or two when starters like Humber, Mills, Holmes, etc are replaced with higher-end players naturally.

From the longview, it's positive in that the coaching seems sound and the draft pick is improved.

If you're still thinking about this year, it's positive in that a tough lesson-learned loss was early and against an NFC team.

• ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: I'm not mad about this game

I'm not mad either. I think after a solid draft next April or May along with a couple key FA signings, this team can begin to actually compete with this coaching staff... we know we are better than the 9ers now...
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Oaf
      • Jun 2007

Open the QB competition up between Taylor, Peterman and a potential rook and we'll be in good shape.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

They're competing hard, and I like that. No stupid penalties through two games, I mean we took penalties but we haven't been as bad as we were in preseason. Starting to buy in, we now need the talent. Still don't think we have an OC worth a ****, missing out on McCoy hurts.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

I'm not mad either. It's a game to grow on. I agree that Dennison's play calling looks poor for this line-up. He has an opportunity to tighten things up and gain a name for himself outside of Kubiak's shadow here. Or he won't and will be replaced. Maybe cookie's suggestion he look at last year's playbook isn't a bad one.

The defense filled with non-stellar LBers and a new secondary full of players we don't know, looked solid. I am enjoying watching Jordan Poyer. I would add, also, that not only the lack of penalties is encouraging, but overall they are tackling a bit better than Ryan's teams. It also seemed to me that they blitzed a lot more in this game than they did vs the Jets. That resulted in all the sacks on the league's best running QB.
          Last edited by swiper; 09-18-2017, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

I agree. They aren't beating themselves with stupid penalties. I think this is a record for jerry Hughes not having any personal foul penalties at this point. Kidding aside, I was at the game and have no idea why that personal foul was called on the sidelines on a fourth down. Can someone educate me as to what occurred?
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I'm not mad either, actually encouraged that we can hang with a team like Carolina (even though they aren't the same team that went to the super bowl two years ago. Of course we need upgrades to the roster, every team does. Right tackle. Another receiver (I'm OK with Jones and Matthews as a top 2). A QB. I know it was only preseason, but I still think about how different, almost crisp, the offense looked with a different guy taking the first team snaps so I'm not ready to throw Dennison and his offense under the bus yet.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                I agree. They aren't beating themselves with stupid penalties. I think this is a record for jerry Hughes not having any personal foul penalties at this point. Kidding aside, I was at the game and have no idea why that personal foul was called on the sidelines on a fourth down. Can someone educate me as to what occurred?
                I believe the official got tangled up with a player(s) or coach(es) on the sideline during the play, and the team is supposed to be able to give those guys unimpeded territory to run in otherwise it's deemed interfering with the official. Unsportsmanlike conduct.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

Did Ralph before he died put into his will that we can't run slant patterns anymore? Do we know what a crossing pattern is?
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I'm not mad, but I'm certainly not seeing the rosey outlook many of you had. The offense looked like a dumpster fire and some of our best OL were getting whipped like they owed the Panthers money.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      I'm not mad, but I'm certainly not seeing the rosey outlook many of you had. The offense looked like a dumpster fire and some of our best OL were getting whipped like they owed the Panthers money.
                      Bull****! Calling that offense a dumpster fire is offensive to dumpster fires. That was something worse!

Other than that They are clearly more disciplined and not shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. The d looks improved. This is a bad football team but it's easier to root for them when they aren't doing stupid ****
                      I came.
                      I saw.
                      I conquered.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        The O is trash, nothing we can do, not enough talent. Honestly, if Beane doesn't hit HRs in the draft we'll be talking about another rebuild 2 season from now. We can't play with Mills, Glenn will be shutdown in the next week or two because he can't continue to play on that foot/ankle so the rookie has to step in. No WRs to speak of. It's going to be rough unless we acquire a bunch of talent.

Comment

• Thurmal
                          • Oct 2005

Seeing winnable games getting squandered is depressing and frustrating. When you're D goes on the road and doesn't give up a TD, you've gotta pull that game out.
                          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

im not mad at all because of yesterdays result

i predicted 3-13 and it would be for the best of the franchise

so im definitely not mad becuase im expecting another 11 or 12 losses this year. no matter how well this D plays. just remember we played a half shouldered cam newton yesterday.

Comment

• Oaf
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                              Seeing winnable games getting squandered is depressing and frustrating. When you're D goes on the road and doesn't give up a TD, you've gotta pull that game out.
                              That's fair. CAR also suffered some injuries so if we were going to steal one, that would've been our best shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X