PDA

View Full Version : Sabres have a new friend joining them in their locker rm...a stuffed buffalo head

DetDannyWilliams
09-18-2017, 03:34 PM
The new addition to the Sabres' dressing room won't score any goals. He won't give fiery pep talks. Actually, he won't do much of anything.

High on the wall of the dressing room, above the door that leads to the video area, is a giant stuffed buffalo head. It's visible from everywhere inside the round room, and its dominating presence overlooks everything.

It's just a bit of a change," Housley said Monday in KeyBank Center. "I think it's a powerful message for our guys in that locker room. It represents what we want to be: coming together as a family, as a herd. We're just honoring it.

"I think it makes a statement, for sure, but it's what we represent as a team."

"It's an internal thing," Housley said. "It's something that we can build around as a group. The buffalo represents everything we want to be: fast and powerful."

Housley declined to say who came up with the idea, but the stuffed buffalo is the latest in a line of locker-room oddities. Through the years, the Sabres have handed out a fake bird, white sport coat, metal sword and mink coat to their "player of the game."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/18/sabres-desire-inspire-comes-head-stuffed-buffalo-head/

SpikedLemonade
09-18-2017, 03:47 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

JATMtheJATM
09-18-2017, 05:07 PM
I can't believe you made a thread about this....

YardRat
09-18-2017, 06:38 PM
Quit ****ing around with the trinkets and gimmicks and get some talent in the locker room.

SpikedLemonade
09-18-2017, 06:45 PM
Quit ****ing around with the trinkets and gimmicks and get some talent in the locker room.
The DP has NO clue what he is doing when it comes to professional sports ownership.

JATMtheJATM
09-18-2017, 07:01 PM
The DP has NO clue what he is doing when it comes to professional sports ownership.

Well, at least the front office might be fixed