PDA

View Full Version : That ***** of a ref

Cali512
09-18-2017, 04:48 PM
I have never seen such a *****. He tripped on our player, our staff immediately helped him out, then he flailed his arms up pissed off and then called a flag. Then we helped him out on the sideline as he sulked and then was walked out of the game where he proceeded to react like a NFL star being told to get evaluations. He was like jogging and kept trying to turn around to go back in the game, like holy **** I've never seen an official act like such a attention grabber

Pennywise
09-18-2017, 04:51 PM
I guess I can bring it up here, since this is a ref thread.

Was McCoy facemaked on that final drive? Without seeing a replay my impression was yes.

Also, the offensive pass interference......ticky tack if you ask me.

Goobylal
09-18-2017, 05:35 PM

Was McCoy facemaked on that final drive? Without seeing a replay my impression was yes.

Yeah he was facemasked. It was obvious to everyone but the refs. But then again, they were probably told to ignore stuff like that and call ticky-tack stuff on the Bills so the Panthers would win.

bleve
09-18-2017, 05:37 PM
It sure looks like it...

sudzy
09-18-2017, 05:39 PM

I thought I saw one. But, nobody reacted to it, so thought it might not have been.

BillsImpossible
09-18-2017, 06:37 PM
I have never seen such a *****. He tripped on our player, our staff immediately helped him out, then he flailed his arms up pissed off and then called a flag. Then we helped him out on the sideline as he sulked and then was walked out of the game where he proceeded to react like a NFL star being told to get evaluations. He was like jogging and kept trying to turn around to go back in the game, like holy **** I've never seen an official act like such a attention grabber

CBS didn't even show a freaking replay! Everyone in the room said, "show the $8ck3#g replay!"

It was a 15 yard penalty. Did Carolina score one of its 3 field goals during that series?

Homegrown
09-18-2017, 06:47 PM
if your team scores only 3 points, you've got to worry about than a missed face mask penalty

Kenny
09-18-2017, 06:52 PM

yup... thought the same of that pass interference call. Generally if the WR doesnt extend his arm they usually dont call it.

BillsImpossible
09-18-2017, 07:03 PM
if your team scores only 3 points, you've got to worry about than a missed face mask penalty

Back in 1991, the Bills beat the Broncos 10-7 in the AFC Championship game. I think the Bills won on the last play of the game.

A missed face mask penalty, a 15 yard phantom penalty on the Bills sideline, and an offensive pass interference penalty unfortunately made a big difference.

Anyone know if the Panthers scored on that drive with the 15 yard penalty on the the Bills sideline? If so, the score would have been 6-3 and the Bills would have kicked the field goal on 4th down.

kishoph
09-18-2017, 07:09 PM
Didn't see a replay, but I assume it happened on the white boarder. If that was the case it doesn't matter if the ref is a ***** or not, players and coaches are not allowed on that line. The refs allow it to happen throughout the game, but when something like that happens, of course they're going to throw a flag.

YardRat
09-18-2017, 07:21 PM
Back in 1991, the Bills beat the Broncos 10-7 in the AFC Championship game. I think the Bills won on the last play of the game.

A missed face mask penalty, a 15 yard phantom penalty on the Bills sideline, and an offensive pass interference penalty unfortunately made a big difference.

Anyone know if the Panthers scored on that drive with the 15 yard penalty on the the Bills sideline? If so, the score would have been 6-3 and the Bills would have kicked the field goal on 4th down.
No.

YardRat
09-18-2017, 07:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017091701/2017/REG2/Bills@Panthers?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017091701#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000847021&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Buffalo had possession when the penalty was called. A two yard gain on third and six. They were punting regardless of the penalty (4th and 4, or 4th and 15), but Carolina did score their second FG on the ensuing drive.

Goobylal
09-19-2017, 07:26 AM

So what if they only scored 3 points up to that point? Teams win games on final drives all the time. Calling the facemask penalty, which would have put the ball at the 25 and stopped the clock, would have helped to score more points than 3.