PDA

View Full Version : WOW

DesertFox24
09-20-2017, 03:51 PM
I do not come on here half as much as I used to, but I got bored and was wondering if anyone was going off on cutting Jenkins and Elston who is better than Colt Anderson.

Nope people are complaining about this team not being good.

HELLO McFly...

This is somewhat of a new concept to you people? We knew they were going to suck before this season even started, anyone who actually thought we would be anything more than a 5 or 6 win team please share what you are smoking.

Jesus they suck they will suck this year we will lose games because of both the defense and the offense like last week. This will be the theme this year folks.

To be honest this is not even tanking. This is Sean and Beane do not have the players they want to run the system they want. Hopefully Terrible Terry will give the 4 or 5 years so they can draft and get the players they need to show what their system can be. My bet is Terry gets impatient and fires everyone after year 2 and we start all over again with rebuilding and a new system.

Rinse and Repeat ladies and gentlemen

For the record. I actually feel Sean and Beane have a plan and a direction that could lead to success I just doubt they get the QB to give them the time to implement their plan and will get fired.

Goobylal
09-20-2017, 03:54 PM
The defense is fine. So are the ST's. The offense, specifically Tyrod, is what's holding them back.

Bill Cody
09-20-2017, 03:58 PM
it's not that we don't know. You know that right? But even though I know the line at Dunkin Donuts is long on a Saturday am I still ***** to the person in line ahead of me, it's human nature as is complaining after 17 years of no playoffs. If all we talked about was whether the old/new 45th man on the roster was an upgrade they'd be like 2 threads. But thanks for stopping by to start this uplifting thread!:up:

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-20-2017, 03:59 PM
The defense is fine. So are the ST's. The offense, specifically Tyrod, is what's holding them back.

Tyrod was terrible last week, but I do not think this was all on him. OL, WR had plenty of blame too.

feldspar
09-20-2017, 04:00 PM
I think most fans are despondent anymore.

Who expects to win after 17 years? Anything that happens anymore is like putting lipstick on a pig, I figure...it's still a pig. A lot has to change, particularly on offense, before the Bills can contend. I don't expect that will happen this year, but I still sit here and hope like a freakin' idiot.

OpIv37
09-20-2017, 04:31 PM
I do not come on here half as much as I used to, but I got bored and was wondering if anyone was going off on cutting Jenkins and Elston who is better than Colt Anderson.

Nope people are complaining about this team not being good.

HELLO McFly...

This is somewhat of a new concept to you people? We knew they were going to suck before this season even started, anyone who actually thought we would be anything more than a 5 or 6 win team please share what you are smoking.

Jesus they suck they will suck this year we will lose games because of both the defense and the offense like last week. This will be the theme this year folks.

To be honest this is not even tanking. This is Sean and Beane do not have the players they want to run the system they want. Hopefully Terrible Terry will give the 4 or 5 years so they can draft and get the players they need to show what their system can be. My bet is Terry gets impatient and fires everyone after year 2 and we start all over again with rebuilding and a new system.

Rinse and Repeat ladies and gentlemen

For the record. I actually feel Sean and Beane have a plan and a direction that could lead to success I just doubt they get the QB to give them the time to implement their plan and will get fired.

So, you come to the message board of a team that just lost a road game cuz they couldn't manage one touchdown, and you're confused as to why people are complaining about how bad they are? That's completely nonsensical. It's really impossible to even accurately discuss the most recent game without mentioning how bad the O is.

cookie G
09-20-2017, 04:47 PM
The Buffalo Bills...

the only NFL franchise where the fans aspire to the Cleveland Browns.

swiper
09-20-2017, 04:49 PM
I think most fans are despondent anymore.

We've become so tired of 17 years of complaining about the Bills we just come here and fight with each other. It's all pretty clear this year though. And Jenkins and Elston are garbage. Elston's ONLY saving grace was that he played special teams - but when he played two games and produced NO tackles he got axed. BOTH very good moves by McDermott. Sends a message to all the other players. Produce or get out.

swiper
09-20-2017, 04:51 PM
The Buffalo Bills...

the only NFL franchise where the fans aspire to the Cleveland Browns.

I don't think we've quite sunk to that level. We're still the #31 losers.

BillsFanCupp38
09-20-2017, 05:00 PM

Ditto. Extremely encouraged by the D. Looks even better than it was under Schwartz. Top ten defense is definitely something to be excited about.

YardRat
09-20-2017, 05:03 PM
After 17 years of nothing, a pig with lipstick starts to look kinda good.

Playoffs.

swiper
09-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Ditto. Extremely encouraged by the D. Looks even better than it was under Schwartz. Top ten defense is definitely something to be excited about.

I don't think the return game is very good. I don't know if Haushka is any good. And as much as I like the punter, he can get shaky at times.

The Beef
09-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Beans and MCD are getting at least 4 years. They aren't getting fired after next year unless they go 0-16.

swiper
09-20-2017, 05:24 PM
The owner is clearly more committed to these guys than the Ryans or Whaley. Even though he gave Whaley far too much rope in my opinion.

BillsFanCupp38
09-20-2017, 06:04 PM
I don't think the return game is very good. I don't know if Haushka is any good. And as much as I like the punter, he can get shaky at times.

Agreed. Book is still out on ST

Mace
09-20-2017, 06:17 PM
The moves made sense to me. Anderson is better on ST than Elston, and that's the roster consideration, they cut Jenkins in favor of a familiar DT with Dareus hurt and Worthy concussed. Teams juggle their marginal roster spots regularly. Doesn't mean you won't see either back again. I'm not going to get upset over two guys who didn't contribute to a defense that's doing well.

Mouldsie
09-20-2017, 11:14 PM
In 2015 and 2016 it was the offense that was good and the D that was holding the team back. (Tyrod was here btw) (Greg Roman/Anthony Lynn good. Wrecks and Rob bad.)
In 2013 and 2014 the opposite. (Jim Schwartz/Mike Pettine good. Talent and Hackett/Marrone: bad)
In 2011 and 2012 the opposite of that. (Chan Gailey good; Dave Wannstedt bad)

You'd think, if winning were a goal (is it?), we could only tinker with the one side of the ball that needs tinkering.

(btw: Frazier/McDermott good. Dennison bad.)

Buddo
09-21-2017, 04:45 AM
In 2015 and 2016 it was the offense that was good and the D that was holding the team back. (Tyrod was here btw) (Greg Roman/Anthony Lynn good. Wrecks and Rob bad.)
In 2013 and 2014 the opposite. (Jim Schwartz/Mike Pettine good. Talent and Hackett/Marrone: bad)

You'd think, if winning were a goal (is it?), we could only tinker with the one side of the ball that needs tinkering.

Apparently not, because that's the way the NFL does it.

I've made this point a number of times, especially when we were looking for a new HC when Marrone jumped.

If you were running a business, and one area of it was making a profit, one was just about breaking even, and one was making a loss, you wouldn't throw away the part that was making a profit, just because you needed to fix the bit that was making a loss, or wanted to do something with the part that was breaking even.

Btw, I don't think that Dennison necessarily equals bad. I do think that we are up the creek without a paddle when it comes to the O-Line, with a mediocre position coach (Castillo) and a blocking system that doesn't play to the current players strengths - although there's a case to be made that our RT doesn't have any strengths.

DesertFox24
09-21-2017, 10:08 AM
it's not that we don't know. You know that right? But even though I know the line at Dunkin Donuts is long on a Saturday am I still ***** to the person in line ahead of me, it's human nature as is complaining after 17 years of no playoffs. If all we talked about was whether the old/new 45th man on the roster was an upgrade they'd be like 2 threads. But thanks for stopping by to start this uplifting thread!:up:
Your welcome my man and good points.

DesertFox24
09-21-2017, 10:11 AM
So, you come to the message board of a team that just lost a road game cuz they couldn't manage one touchdown, and you're confused as to why people are complaining about how bad they are? That's completely nonsensical. It's really impossible to even accurately discuss the most recent game without mentioning how bad the O is.
OpIv, I understand that the offense cost us the game that is really not the point. What I am saying is everyone knew we were going to suck and getting all bent out of shape about it, and especially the last play is as you put it nonsensical to me.

Everyone penciled this game as a Loss before the season and we lost.

I guess I am at a loss of words for why this is a surprise or a reason to be up an arms when we knew this would happen.

DesertFox24
09-21-2017, 10:13 AM
The owner is clearly more committed to these guys than the Ryans or Whaley. Even though he gave Whaley far too much rope in my opinion.

Look I really hope so. I like what these guys are trying to do and I like what the direction they are trying to go. I also doubt we draft 6 picks in the first 3 rounds next year, I am willing to bet one gets traded for future picks. I am huge fan of acquiring picks, but at the same time they cannot pass over Julio Jones or Kahil Mack like the Browns did. A very fine line.

sukie
09-21-2017, 10:14 AM
OpIv, I understand that the offense cost us the game that is really not the point. What I am saying is everyone knew we were going to suck and getting all bent out of shape about it, and especially the last play is as you put it nonsensical to me.

Everyone penciled this game as a Loss before the season and we lost.

I guess I am at a loss of words for why this is a surprise or a reason to be up an arms when we knew this would happen.

Pencil? I used a sharpie. No erasing the L's that are to come.

DesertFox24
09-21-2017, 10:15 AM

I like Frazier and I like Dennison. I think in time this offense will be good when either A Tyrod gets it or we get a QB who can properly execute it.

DesertFox24
09-21-2017, 10:17 AM
Pencil? I used a sharpie. No erasing the L's that are to come.
I guess I am already waiting for 2018 and 2019 so maybe that is my problem. I feel bad for saying this but I would love the bills to suck and get a shot at a legit franchise QB. We have seen the we are not throwing in the towel this year for 17 years only to never get the franchise QB and that has cost us a chance to be consistently good.

Until the NFL changes the rules and allows defenses to play defense and prevent these rhythm timing throws that teams like the pats do we will not have a chance without a QB.

Mouldsie
09-21-2017, 10:31 AM
I like Frazier and I like Dennison. I think in time this offense will be good when either A Tyrod gets it or we get a QB who can properly execute it.

On what grounds? (for real)

Anytime he has called plays he's failed.

Homegrown
09-21-2017, 10:32 AM

Apparently not, because that's the way the NFL does it.

I've made this point a number of times, especially when we were looking for a new HC when Marrone jumped.

If you were running a business, and one area of it was making a profit, one was just about breaking even, and one was making a loss, you wouldn't throw away the part that was making a profit, just because you needed to fix the bit that was making a loss, or wanted to do something with the part that was breaking even.

Btw, I don't think that Dennison necessarily equals bad. I do think that we are up the creek without a paddle when it comes to the O-Line, with a mediocre position coach (Castillo) and a blocking system that doesn't play to the current players strengths - although there's a case to be made that our RT doesn't have any strengths.
Factoid - "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" .... I honestly think NFL coaches could be some the dumbest people around.

Exception - Mike Tomlin ... he comes over from the Vikings, takes over a Bill Cowher defense, he doesn't change it - he keeps Dick LeBeau as DC ... presto - he wins a SB the next year

DesertFox24
09-21-2017, 11:31 AM
On what grounds? (for real)

Anytime he has called plays he's failed.
His history with Kubiak and the QBs he has worked with in the past lends me to believe he can be successful. Plus I feel his system is more in line with what works in the NFL due to the rules that hinder defenses.

I may be wrong but I liked him and Frazier.

DesertFox24
09-21-2017, 11:33 AM
Factoid - "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" .... I honestly think NFL coaches could be some the dumbest people around.

Exception - Mike Tomlin ... he comes over from the Vikings, takes over a Bill Cowher defense, he doesn't change it - he keeps Dick LeBeau as DC ... presto - he wins a SB the next year

Rex Ryan firing Schwartz to run his stupid defense even though we were built for a 43 is the absolute dumbest thing ever. The mere fact that TTP (Terrible Terry Pegula) hired him after knowing he may do this is the reason I have little optimism that TTP will let Beane and Mcderrmott have the time needed to turn this around.

We need more consistency in coaching, schemes, and philosophy or we keep doing what we are doing now. Tear it down and rebuild. Oh the rebuild did not happen fast enough bring in new guys, etc...