PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gotten a look at the All-11 from CAR? (offense)

Oaf
09-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Are our WRs actually providing opportunities for real gains that Tyrod's straight missing? Seems like we have 3 WRs that would be #3s on other teams, at best. Looks like Donald Jones, David Nelson, and Deonte Thompson out there.

Do we have anyone that runs below a 4.6 other that the punt return castaway? Then we have pass pro that gives up several pressures to Julius "2018 HOF Finalist" Peppers.

Can we realistically expect more than what TT is giving us? Genuinely asking if anyone's seen the tape.

Buddo
09-23-2017, 07:43 AM
I've not watched it yet, but I've read some stuff that implies that Taylor wasn't as bad as it seemed, mainly due to a lack of separation, and poor O-Line play.

My own view , without looking at the all 22, is that a better QB would have made some of the throws/opportunities Taylor missed, and we probably could have kept the odd drive alive because of it.

The Bills Offense generally, was atrocious, and while I think you can ascribe a fair bit of the blame for that on Taylor, nobody else came out of it smelling of roses. Rather reluctantly, I'd say that of them all, Taylor actually made the most decent plays, even though he was poor generally. But they weren't generally with his arm.

Yasgur's Farm
09-23-2017, 07:57 AM
1) Zay Jones is a real #2 at this point in his career... As is Matthews... We simply don't have a #1.
2) Zay Jones runs a 4.4... Stop exaggerating.

Goobylal
09-23-2017, 08:13 AM
I've read some people saying that they saw the all-22 and receivers were open. The problem is, they weren't so wide open enough that TT would throw them the ball. Which has been and always will be his problem.

Mouldsie
09-23-2017, 11:21 PM
1) Zay Jones is a real #2 at this point in his career... As is Matthews... We simply don't have a #1.
2) Zay Jones runs a 4.4... Stop exaggerating.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/zay-jones?id=2557863 <article> Weaknesses Play speed is very average. Lacks vertical push to force cornerbacks to open and run early and doesn't have second gear to separate from coverage down the field. Thin frame. Struggles to find clean releases against press coverage due to play strength and foot quickness. High-volume production helped by high percentage of short throws and wide receiver screens. Sticky out of breaks and unable to shake tight coverage. Limited amount of burst and wiggle after the catch and won't create much more than is there. Not overly-committed as a run blocker. </article> <article>Bottom Line Possesses high football character and a desire to push himself forward. Record-breaking receptions totals in 2016 were due more to scheme and excessive targets than separation ability or top-end speed. As a one-on-one receiver on the pro level, he will have to prove he has the speed and quickness to uncover against man coverage if he is to become more than just wide receiver depth. </article>

Mouldsie
09-23-2017, 11:22 PM
I've read some people saying that they saw the all-22 and receivers were open. The problem is, they weren't so wide open enough that TT would throw them the ball. Which has been and always will be his problem.

With his WR corps he is going to need to take more chances as well and try and trust in them. They wont separate much so they will need to win jump balls and back shoulder throws. I am not so sure Dennison knows or wants this however.

Oaf
09-24-2017, 04:14 AM
With his WR corps he is going to need to take more chances as well and try and trust in them. They wont separate much so they will need to win jump balls and back shoulder throws. I am not so sure Dennison knows or wants this however.

Honestly, I think if we see more incompletions or even 2-3 INTs, it'll be a sign that he's at least trying some anticipation/tight window throws.

yordad
09-24-2017, 05:48 PM
Mathews and Jones both ran 4.46. Watkins was considered a field stretcher at 4.43. Our 2 starting WRs are plenty NFL fast.

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 06:08 PM
Mathews and Jones both ran 4.46. Watkins was considered a field stretcher at 4.43. Our 2 starting WRs are plenty NFL fast.
Game speed is a different thing from straight line 40 yard dash in shorts. Kareem Hunt I believe recorded the fastest MPH of any ball carrier in the league so far this year and his 40 yard dash at the combine was 4.62

YardRat
09-24-2017, 06:56 PM
Apparently the people that like to try to use 'lack of separation' from the wide receivers as an excuse for Tyrod's performance don't understand that just supports the criticism that he won't throw to them unless they are wide open.

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Apparently the people that like to try to use 'lack of separation' from the wide receivers as an excuse for Tyrod's performance don't understand that just supports the criticism that he won't throw to them unless they are wide open.

I literally wrote that a few posts above