PDA

View Full Version : Shady throws Shade at POTUS

ckg927
09-23-2017, 12:43 PM
In the wake of President Trump's comments at a rally on Friday(9/22)that referenced Colin Kaepernick-though not by name-and saying that those who "disrespected the flag" should be run off the field and fired, RB LeSean McCoy dropped the hammer on the president on Twitter. Since I can't directly use the word, I'll let the link say it for me...

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/23/lesean-mccoy-attacks-trump-twitter/

upstart
09-23-2017, 01:01 PM
Shady thinks Mr. Trump is a a$$ hole. Yawn....

That will teach Mr. Trump.

ckg927
09-23-2017, 01:27 PM
This on top of Stephen Curry and LeBron James piling on.

This is NOT a war Trump will win.

alohabillsfan
09-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Oh no twitter war.... and who cares... for Dobson here...

DraftBoy
09-23-2017, 01:42 PM
Oh no twitter war.... and who cares... for Dobson here...

The President does.

upstart
09-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Divisive antics like sitting during the National Anthem demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for our country, American CITIZENS, and those that died for our freedom.

If this continues, in a couple of years, NFL/NBA owners are going to be staring at the shattered remains of their franchises and wondering what the hell happened.

A solid majority of fans are sick of this political posturing. NOTE to owners. Stop this now or lose what you've built.

GingerP
09-23-2017, 02:08 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/911630378758221824

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/911630753649348610

ckg927
09-23-2017, 03:31 PM
Divisive antics like sitting during the National Anthem demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for our country, American CITIZENS, and those that died for our freedom.

If this continues, in a couple of years, NFL/NBA owners are going to be staring at the shattered remains of their franchises and wondering what the hell happened.

A solid majority of fans are sick of this political posturing. NOTE to owners. Stop this now or lose what you've built.

Horse HOCKEY.

First of all, I'd argue that the NBA is the more progressive of the two leagues you mentioned. Neither one is going to die out "in a couple of years".

Second, you can't point to any LEGITIMATE source that says "a solid majority of fans are sick of this political posturing".

Oaf
09-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Expressions of speech during the National Anthem demonstrate a lack of acceptance for the way they or people they love have been treated in this country.

FTFY

Gilly
09-23-2017, 04:21 PM
If you can't get your name in the paper by scoring or winning...

upstart
09-23-2017, 04:32 PM
FTFY

There is nothing dignified about these millionaire idiots trying to paint themselves as victims.

Wally The Barber
09-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Back in my day you didn't make such comments about the president, they cut your hands off

Thurmal
09-23-2017, 04:43 PM
God, I've voted for a bunch of Democrats in the past...never again. I do not want to be associated with a bunch of childish, winy losers. Hillary lost, pull the tampon out already. My God, it is just like the kid in the grocery aisle whose Mom won't buy a Snickers.

justasportsfan
09-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Trump himself is adding fuel to the fire. He should shut his mouth . It's like listening to Rex Ryan .

Thurmal
09-23-2017, 04:54 PM
**** that. He's trying to run the country. A bunch on overly-vocal pusscakes can't deal with it.

Thurmal
09-23-2017, 04:57 PM
WTF are you protesting??? There is no evidence of police targeting blacks! Find me a statistic!

delectrolux
09-23-2017, 05:01 PM
WTF are you protesting??? There is no evidence of police targeting blacks! Find me a statistic!

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

Thurmal
09-23-2017, 05:04 PM
According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

Hey, stat genius...in 2014 black males were the perpetrators in 51% of all homicides in America. That's an FBI-certified FACT. Explain that away...

delectrolux
09-23-2017, 05:07 PM
And the whole point of protest is to be disruptive. Nothing ever changes otherwise. These men have a unique opportunity to be heard. Loudly. And claiming that there isn't still a huge problem in our country with how minority communities are treated is just naive. So good for them for peacefully standing up for what they believe in. The fact that it bothers so many people is the odd part to me.

delectrolux
09-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Hey, stat genius...in 2014 black males were the perpetrators in 51% of all homicides in America. That's an FBI-certified FACT. Explain that away...

you asked for the stat. I gave you one. And I would assume yours has a lot to do with income inequality, broken homes and an infestation of drugs. It's a result of those same systematic economical factors. I get it, cops have a really hard job out there. But we should still have the conversation about that 2.5x more likely to be killed. It doesn't excuse it.

Novacane
09-23-2017, 05:13 PM
And the whole point of protest is to be disruptive. Nothing ever changes otherwise. These men have a unique opportunity to be heard. Loudly. And claiming that there isn't still a huge problem in our country with how minority communities are treated is just naive. So good for them for peacefully standing up for what they believe in. The fact that it bothers so many people is the odd part to me.

The anthem is viewed as honoring the men and women who serve. It's seen as a diss on them. That the other side can't see that is the odd part to me.

Thurmal
09-23-2017, 05:13 PM
You're a typical liberal who thinks feelings carry more weight than facts. I put the stats out there...refute my argument. You can't, b/c you live in Fairy Land, where the unicorns frolic. Show me a stat that suggests blacks are targeted more by cops. I dare you.

BillsImpossible
09-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Trump himself is adding fuel to the fire. He should shut his mouth . It's like listening to Rex Ryan .

Rex Ryan didn't like putting in the long hours necessary to be great. He was all talk, no action, had no work ethic and lacked discipline. So did his twin brother.

Can't say that about President Trump who is a workaholic hell bent on getting things accomplished and restoring the United States of America back to the great country we all grew up in.

Roger Goodell didn't have the balls to say what so many NFL fans have been thinking.

President Trump had the stones to say it. Somebody finally took a stand instead of a knee, just happened to be the POTUS.

Protest whatever you want on your own time. I just want to have fun and watch a damn football game on Sunday, not CNN, not FOX, none of it on a Sunday!

The NFL is a business, and any business that thinks it's okay for their employees to kneel during the American National Anthem should suffer the consequences of the free market.

If the NFL continues to allow their players to take a knee, we are all going to start seeing a lot of empty football stadiums.

This all started in San Francisco. Now they have no fans. I don't that's a coincidence.

Turf
09-23-2017, 05:24 PM
The media started this, the media propagated this, and everyone just blindly follows along. It amazes me that no one sees how insignificant what he did is. If it wasn't blown up and magnified who would GAF. Can everyone get over your obligated sense to be outraged by every little thing? Christ you were all taught to behave like little pussies.

delectrolux
09-23-2017, 05:25 PM
The anthem is viewed as honoring the men and women who serve. It's seen as a diss on them. That the other side can't see that is the odd part to me.

The anthem is one way to honor the armed services. It's also a symbol of our country as a whole. And the great thing about our country is our ability to speak out against it when we think there's something wrong. That's what these guys are doing. They're not saying anything about the men and women who serve in the armed forces. They've been pretty clear about the reasons behind their actions. And speaking out against a part of US culture doesn't equate to not supporting the United States as a nation.

justasportsfan
09-23-2017, 05:34 PM
Rex Ryan didn't like putting in the long hours necessary to be great. He was all talk, no action, had no work ethic and lacked discipline. So did his twin brother.

Can't say that about President Trump who is a workaholic hell bent on getting things accomplished and restoring the United States of America back to the great country we all grew up in.

Roger Goodell didn't have the balls to say what so many NFL fans have been thinking.

President Trump had the stones to say it. Somebody finally took a stand instead of a knee, just happened to be the POTUS.

Protest whatever you want on your own time. I just want to have fun and watch a damn football game on Sunday, not CNN, not FOX, none of it on a Sunday!

The NFL is a business, and any business that thinks it's okay for their employees to kneel during the American National Anthem should suffer the consequences of the free market.

If the NFL continues to allow their players to take a knee, we are all going to start seeing a lot of empty football stadiums.

This all started in San Francisco. Now they have no fans. I don't that's a coincidence.

I don't care about the hours of work. Rex had a mouth and so does Trump . You can do your work without acting and talking like an idiot.

BillsImpossible
09-23-2017, 05:38 PM

That is hot trite garbage. Players can protest on Twitter, they can protest publicly Monday - Saturday on their own time, but come Sunday be a professional and have a little respect for the people that pay a lot of money to come watch them play, the men and women who fought and died to protect them and their family so they can play football and make millions of dollars, the police officers who put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe, and the country that has given them every opportunity to be successful.

Respect the US Flag. If you don't respect it, you're fired!

BillsImpossible
09-23-2017, 05:56 PM
I don't care about the hours of work. Rex had a mouth and so does Trump . You can do your work without acting and talking like an idiot.

You may think President Trump is an idiot, but I don't think anyone can say he's not genuine.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7kg8FoYE1lc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll take a genuine, honest, 'idiot,' over a disingenuous political hack any day.

justasportsfan
09-23-2017, 06:04 PM
You may think President Trump is an idiot, but I don't think anyone can say he's not genuine.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7kg8FoYE1lc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll take a genuine, honest, 'idiot,' over a disingenuous political hack any day.

I never said he was not genuine, he just needs to shut his mouth if he really wants this to die down. Instead he's adding fuel to the fire or bringing more attention to it.

Pennywise
09-23-2017, 06:06 PM

It's coming to that.

Pennywise
09-23-2017, 06:08 PM
I never said he was not genuine, he just needs to shut his mouth if he really wants this to die down. Instead he's adding fuel to the fire or bringing more attention to it.

Yet, there was no problem when Obama weighed in on social subjects, right?

ICRockets
09-23-2017, 06:12 PM

You're joking, right?

Mouldsie
09-23-2017, 06:12 PM
God, I've voted for a bunch of Democrats in the past...never again. I do not want to be associated with a bunch of childish, winy losers. Hillary lost, pull the tampon out already. My God, it is just like the kid in the grocery aisle whose Mom won't buy a Snickers.

Please vote 3rd party.

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2017, 06:13 PM
If any of these **** ****ers sit during the anthem tomorrow I will walk out of the stadium.

Novacane
09-23-2017, 06:15 PM
Supposedly the Bills are having a team meeting tonight about Trumps comments because some players were so upset.

Mouldsie
That is hot trite garbage. Players can protest on Twitter, they can protest publicly Monday - Saturday on their own time, but come Sunday be a professional and have a little respect for the people that pay a lot of money to come watch them play, the men and women who fought and died to protect them and their family so they can play football and make millions of dollars, the police officers who put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe, and the country that has given them every opportunity to be successful.

Respect the US Flag. If you don't respect it, you're fired!

Do you propose we outlaw their actions ala North Korea?

OpIv37
If any of these **** ****ers sit during the anthem tomorrow I will walk out of the stadium.

So, you would piss away the money you spent on the ticket and not watch something you enjoy because you don't like the way a couple of guys express their opinions?

Guess we know who the real snowflake is. "that guy offended me- i'm going home!"

ICRockets
09-23-2017, 06:18 PM

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/911717040582299649

Mouldsie
09-23-2017, 06:18 PM

Divisive antics like letting murderous cops get a paid vacation then walk free demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for our country, American CITIZENS, and those that died for our freedom.

Pennywise
09-23-2017, 06:19 PM
You're joking, right?
Why would you assume I'm joking?

- - - Updated - - -

Divisive antics like letting murderous cops get a paid vacation then walk free demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for our country, American CITIZENS, and those that died for our freedom.

Murderous cops?

Yeah, OK Barack.

Mouldsie
09-23-2017, 06:20 PM
https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/911717040582299649

You mean these Trump-ass-kissing snowflakes are hypocrites? I would have never guessed.

OpIv37
09-23-2017, 06:25 PM

Says who? The anthem is about the entire country. Certainly those who serve or who have served in the past are part of that, but it's to honor the nation as a whole.

I think the real problem is that some people think being patriotic means loving your country no matter what, when it actually means trying to make your country the best it can be (i.e. acknowledging problems and working to fix them).

BillsImpossible
09-23-2017, 06:31 PM

I see it more as a wet blanket, not fuel.

The fuel comes from the players that think it's okay to disrespect the US Flag and America's National Anthem.

Roger Goodell approved because he has no balls.

I think President Trump just emptied their fuel tank and pissed in their water bottles.

Go ahead, take a knee or raise a fist tomorrow, Shady or whoever.

If so I will never go to another Bills game so long as he's on the team. I have tickets to the Tampa Bay and Saints games...if Shady takes a knee I'm out.

If Shady takes a knee tomorrow, I hope Terry and Kim do the right thing and make a profound statement to the rest of the NFL.

We have a GREAT thing going here in Buffalo, despite the 17 year playoff drought. We love football on Sunday's in Orchard Park, we love football on Sunday's at home with friends and family to watch the Bills when they're on the road, we love America, we respect our American Flag, and even if we disagree with him...most people respect the President of The United States.

Mouldsie
09-23-2017, 06:37 PM
Oh to be clear most people do not respect that man lol

He's a joke. He went against another joke. The whole election was a joke. Most elections are a joke.

And yes he definitely added fuel, mostly because he loves to pander.

BillsImpossible
09-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Says who? The anthem is about the entire country. Certainly those who serve or who have served in the past are part of that, but it's to honor the nation as a whole.

I think the real problem is that some people think being patriotic means loving your country no matter what, when it actually means trying to make your country the best it can be (i.e. acknowledging problems and working to fix them).

The National Anthem at a football game in America is one of the few times when we can all come together, put aside our differences and have fun in the sun on a Sunday. The National Anthem unites us, differences and all.

I would never protest that.

Some players say it's not about the troops, it's not about the flag, it's all about their own victim card the DNC dealt them.

That's nothing but selfish. I don't put my own personal issues ahead of the USA.

Go BILLS!

BillsImpossible
09-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Hey Shady,

How many yards did you rush for last week?

Less than 1 yard per carry.

You tear it up against weak teams, but against teams with a good defense you suck.

I showed the stats from last year and 2015 in a previous post.

Bad teams = big numbers for Shady.

Good teams = Shady sucks Trump's balls.

Mouldsie
09-23-2017, 07:13 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Henny...interesting photo of Trump....sharing since he has so much to say about the subject...maybe he thinks the Salute is for him.. <a href="https://t.co/d7S0MnKwKy">pic.twitter.com/d7S0MnKwKy</a></p>&mdash; VerLen and Sydney (@Glorygirlone) <a href="https://twitter.com/Glorygirlone/status/911731184060600320">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OpIv37
09-23-2017, 07:19 PM
The National Anthem at a football game in America is one of the few times when we can all come together, put aside our differences and have fun in the sun on a Sunday. The National Anthem unites us, differences and all.

I would never protest that.

Some players say it's not about the troops, it's not about the flag, it's all about their own victim card the DNC dealt them.

That's nothing but selfish. I don't put my own personal issues ahead of the USA.

Go BILLS!
Kneeling during a song is not putting oneself ahead of the US.

And just because you won't do it doesn't mean other people can't. That's the beauty of living in a free country.

BillsImpossible
09-23-2017, 07:28 PM

And just because you won't do it doesn't mean other people can't. That's the beauty of living in a free country.

'A song,' you say?

Just a song. Please close your legs, OpIv37, your mangina stinks to high heaven.

If you had the option of being an American citizen or a citizen of the World you would choose the latter.

Tiny dancer...

Thurmal
09-23-2017, 07:38 PM
If a sizable portion of Bills pull any anti-American or anti-Trump ****, I will get my tab and bounce tomorrow before the first kickoff lands.

sahlensguy
09-23-2017, 07:44 PM
Good for him to stick his neck out to point out the hypocrisy of that racist.

sahlensguy
09-23-2017, 07:48 PM

On one hand think that is a ridiculous proposition, but on the other hand, I applaud you for your willingness to put your money where your mouth is.

sahlensguy
09-23-2017, 07:50 PM
Hey Shady,

How many yards did you rush for last week?

Less than 1 yard per carry.

You tear it up against weak teams, but against teams with a good defense you suck.

I showed the stats from last year and 2015 in a previous post.

Bad teams = big numbers for Shady.

Good teams = Shady sucks Trump's balls.

Why bring it up in this thread? Now he's a POS?

Joe Fo Sho
09-23-2017, 07:58 PM
Remember when Trump brought on that antitrust case against the NFL for $1.69 billion? Even though he won, the USFL collapsed and he still only got $3?

I bet Trump remembers that.

justasportsfan
09-23-2017, 08:00 PM
You want me to tell you what I think about Obama? Start a thread about him. This thread isn't about him.

justasportsfan
09-23-2017, 08:07 PM

y.

A song?

Mace
09-23-2017, 08:15 PM
**** that. He's trying to run the country. A bunch on overly-vocal pusscakes can't deal with it.

No he's not. He's trying to run his brand. He's like a 5 year old spoiled kid who wants to be the center of attention at some other kids birthday party because he has no sense of context.

Trump is indeed genuine, a genuine idiot, liar and a$$hole. It's not even debatable. He keeps proving it.

To me, athletes disrespecting the anthem lacks context too, but I recognize the point. I don't like it, but they're people with free will, not automatons to act like I think they should. I also don't like lying presidents who disrespect history, the constitution, bill of rights, judiciary, congress, women, ethnicity, freedom of choice as granted by law, law itself, honesty, self discipline, common sense, principles and integrity.

I dislike the latter more. It's despicable to claim a moral high ground when your buried so deep in your own mud and like being there if you can pretend you aren't by just lipping off loud enough for nothing but sustaining your own self-illusion, while you're really in charge of a diverse, expansive nation of people largely nothing like you whatever....old, white, spoiled, cranky, ignorant, childish, silver plattered loud mouths.

kingJofNYC
09-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Going to be great when the Bills & the rest of the NFL stand up to Chump tomorrow. A bunch of you will no longer be watching, or caring about this team. Should be fun to watch the tears flow as players league wide take a big fat knee.

upstart
09-23-2017, 08:41 PM

Don't play games with me. Goodell was the one that refused to allow the Cowboys to honor those 7 brave police officers who where murdered by the black guy last year. It's Goodell and a few liberal owners that are attempting to turn professional sports into protest platforms. Get something through your head kid. Disrespecting our flag, our country, our veterans, and American CITIZENS is divisive. Note to you liberals, leave politics out of our sports. Going to war with most of the American Citizens is not a smart play on the part of the NFL

In my opinion President Trump should disallow the military from continued participation in NFL celebrations while the players, Goodell and some owners disrespect the national anthem and the Nation. Do NOT give the NFL patriotic cover while it permits its employees to trash America.

YardRat
09-23-2017, 08:56 PM
So Shady's going to get cut and b;lack-balled too? Right? Right???

Jesus...we're going to need to find a kicker and a running back now? FML...

YardRat
09-23-2017, 08:58 PM

That's a funny thing about rights and freedoms...everybody should have them, not just those one agrees with.

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2017, 09:00 PM
So, you would piss away the money you spent on the ticket and not watch something you enjoy because you don't like the way a couple of guys express their opinions?

Guess we know who the real snowflake is. "that guy offended me- i'm going home!"

If I was worried about the money I wouldn't have season tickets to begin with. The bills suck and if McDermott allows any of that kind of non sense I will not be supporting them by buying season tickets any longer.

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2017, 09:08 PM
Going to be great when the Bills & the rest of the NFL stand up to Chump tomorrow. A bunch of you will no longer be watching, or caring about this team. Should be fun to watch the tears flow as players league wide take a big fat knee.

**** you. Go back to Russia commie

sahlensguy
09-23-2017, 09:08 PM
If I was worried about the money I wouldn't have season tickets to begin with. The bills suck and if McDermott allows any of that kind of non sense I will not be supporting them by buying season tickets any longer.

Now if the Bills were winning, would you be taking this stand? Might you be using this as an excuse to walk away?

GingerP
09-23-2017, 09:12 PM
The Pegula's have chimed in:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/911776458137272321

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2017, 09:13 PM
Now if the Bills were winning, would you be taking this stand? Might you be using this as an excuse to walk away?

Yes and yes

sahlensguy
09-23-2017, 09:26 PM
Yes and yes
So there is a part of you hoping for a protest?

ICRockets
09-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Sounds like you ******s might as well stay home.

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/911778824555302912

YardRat
09-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Not surprised.

This thing is blowing up, and true to form the conversation is going to be about the protests and protesters, not what the protest is about.

sahlensguy
09-23-2017, 09:37 PM
Not surprised.

This thing is blowing up, and true to form the conversation is going to be about the protests and protesters, not what the protest is about.

If the players kneel tomorrow en masse, they are no longer protesting what what was originally intended. It'll be a uniified middle finger to the racist bully, commander in chief. And few won't get that.

upstart
09-23-2017, 09:45 PM

If the players take a knee tomorrow, it will be the end of their big payday. BTW, there is nothing that we enjoyed more as a family than watching something that is apolitical. But no, you liberals had to mess that up too with your bull*****.

A business has an obligation to not bite the hand that feeds it. We are watching history.

Screw the NFL and their millionaire thug players who think that America is unfair to them. Kneeling during the anthem and the raised “black power” fist are signs of unity to you people. Create this ******ed sense of this unity in our country without me.

ICRockets
09-23-2017, 09:49 PM
Create this ******ed sense of this unity in our country without me.

We're trying, but apparently the cancer hasn't spread enough yet.

JediMindPowers
09-23-2017, 10:05 PM
Screw the NFL and their millionaire thug players..

Gotta love the typical white NFL fan. They presume to think black athletes have to trade millions of dollars and be the stewards of the fragile affections of the white fan base.

Stop acting like a pussy

By the way upstart. It's the NFL that does the military the favour not the other way around. So your idea about not using the military is ridiculous. The NFL probably even gives them a better rate than most.

DraftBoy
09-23-2017, 10:06 PM
I would expect there to multiple instances of entire teams taking a knee. Wouldn't surprise me to see some coaching staffs joining in as well.

jimmifli
09-23-2017, 10:15 PM
If the players kneel tomorrow en masse, they are no longer protesting what what was originally intended. It'll be a uniified middle finger to the racist bully, commander in chief. And few won't get that.

As far as institutional racism, it doesn't get much bigger than protesting a racist President. I don't see a divergence in message in anyway.

sahlensguy
09-23-2017, 10:23 PM
King James' tweet wow:

U bum @StephenCurry30 (https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30) already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!
<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">U bum @StephenCurry30 (https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30) already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!</body>

Mouldsie
09-23-2017, 10:47 PM
So Shady's going to get cut and b;lack-balled too? Right? Right???

Jesus...we're going to need to find a kicker and a running back now? FML...

Actually McCoy said he disagrees with the kneeling protest and called it a distraction.

He just thinks Trump is an a-hole.

sahlensguy
09-23-2017, 11:37 PM

endzone
09-23-2017, 11:58 PM

I don't think they can stop it - - that's sad!

ckg927
09-24-2017, 02:46 AM

I RARELY agree with you on much, but on this I do.

That said, Trump is incapable of shutting his mouth.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 02:49 AM
"Bye! Have fun storming the castle!" -The Princess Bride

You're a snowflake if you do that. Would you like a cookie?

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2017, 05:19 AM
Why doesn't page two load?

kishoph
09-24-2017, 05:30 AM

Maybe somebody said something smart and the server doesn't recognize it.

Pennywise
09-24-2017, 05:42 AM
"Bye! Have fun storming the castle!" -The Princess Bride

You're a snowflake if you do that. Would you like a cookie?

Do you see the irony of your statement or are you too dense to?

tomz
09-24-2017, 06:43 AM

Workaholic? Are you kidding? How about inheriting privileges? Back room sleaze? That's more like it.

The people who deserve respect here are the athletes. Yes they get paid lots to play a game. But most of them came from nothing and put in the pain, sweat and tears to reach an elite level in what they do. They achieved excellence in their field. True excellence is often well rewarded in any field but it takes work.

Unfortunately, so is having the inside edge of wealth etc. and clear cheating, though hopefully that will not pay off for long. Trump is the ultimate skimmer of the cream. He makes a profit whether he ruins things or not. Trump's intellect as shown by innumerable statements reveals that he is lazy to the core.

Trump's instinct is always to try to muzzle those who have an opinion that he doesn't agree with, using tactics such as throwing red meat to his animal followers along the way.

San Fran is at the forefront of the NFL pricing their way out of their historical fan base combined with multiple seasons of awful football.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 07:00 AM

i'm having issues with page 4. everything else is loading but that for me.

sahlensguy
09-24-2017, 07:24 AM

Page 4 doesn't open for me...

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 07:39 AM
i'm having issues with page 4. everything else is loading but that for me.

Same for me.

I have a question for you though. You previously said you wanted politics out of sports, specifically football. Are you angry with the President for inserting himself, thus politics, into sports out of the blue yesterday?

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Both sidelines joined arms and many knealt during this mornings game in London. That included players, coaching staffs, front offices, and owners. A complete show of unity and rebuke of the President's comments.

That is a pretty powerful response. Reports emerging from across the NFL of other teams and owners planning the same thing.

Pennywise
09-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Both sidelines joined arms and many knealt during this mornings game in London. That included players, coaching staffs, front offices, and owners. A complete show of unity and rebuke of the President's comments.

That is a pretty powerful response. Reports emerging from across the NFL of other teams and owners planning the same thing.

They absolutely have every right to do so.

Just like I have every right to respond to them doing so.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-24-2017, 09:01 AM
Ray Lewis came off as a hypocrite. He came out saying he didn't agree with kneeling due to his brothers in military. Stood against Kaep yet is shown kneeling now lol

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 09:05 AM
They absolutely have every right to do so.

Just like I have every right to respond to them doing so.

Yes, you do.

Which is the point we should be focusing on, imo.

EDS
09-24-2017, 09:12 AM

Trump will go down in history as the worst president in this nations history. He is doing more to undermine the values (freedom, liberty, justice, equality for all, etc.) that this nation stands for then any person in my life time. Everything he is doing is intended to create perpetual wealth for those who already have it

American exceptionalism is dead. Trump and what he stands for was the nail in the coffin.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 09:19 AM
Same for me.

I have a question for you though. You previously said you wanted politics out of sports, specifically football. Are you angry with the President for inserting himself, thus politics, into sports out of the blue yesterday?

The President is responding to an already politicized act by making a statement about it. He didn't start this controversy. He's responding to it. I think it's disingenuous to clam that it was 'out of the blue.' So no, I'm not angry with him for it, because he didn't start this fight. but by him responding to it, it's gonna make it a bigger deal than it already is.

But these threads are exactly what I do not want. Instead of discussing football, we (not just you and me.. all of us it seems) are just arguing about our political beliefs and I for one use sports as an escape from the realities of life.

I joined this board 10 years ago to discuss football and the Buffalo Bills. Instead of doing so lately, because of what has been going on and the now politicization of these events, I have clearly identified myself as a right winger, (which I'm not ashamed of) and can identify BillsImp, Skooby, Hurkey, Thurmal, WagonCirc and possibly DynaPaul as being on that side and likewise have identified Lecter, you, IC, Spartacus, OP and Mouldsie as left leaning. That's fine and dandy and we can all have our beliefs but that's not what I joined this board for. And in my opinion it's a shame that it feels like that's all we talk about anymore.

cue the personal attacks in 3......2.......1.......

ckg927
09-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Do you see the irony of your statement or are you too dense to?

That was directed to Squirty, not you.

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 09:41 AM
The President is responding to an already politicized act by making a statement about it. He didn't start this controversy. He's responding to it. I think it's disingenuous to clam that it was 'out of the blue.' So no, I'm not angry with him for it, because he didn't start this fight. but by him responding to it, it's gonna make it a bigger deal than it already is.

There was nothing about him in the previous act. It would appear as though this is a way of trying to bend the events to make an exception for the President.

But these threads are exactly what I do not want. Instead of discussing football, we (not just you and me.. all of us it seems) are just arguing about our political beliefs and I for one use sports as an escape from the realities of life.

I can assure you, I'm not arguing my political beliefs because they don't have any bearing on my position here. If these threads were truly as unwanted as many people claim they would roll down the page and quickly disappear as countless other threads have.

I joined this board 10 years ago to discuss football and the Buffalo Bills. Instead of doing so lately, because of what has been going on and the now politicization of these events, I have clearly identified myself as a right winger, (which I'm not ashamed of) and can identify BillsImp, Skooby, Hurkey, Thurmal, WagonCirc and possibly DynaPaul as being on that side and likewise have identified Lecter, you, IC, Spartacus, OP and Mouldsie as left leaning. That's fine and dandy and we can all have our beliefs but that's not what I joined this board for. And in my opinion it's a shame that it feels like that's all we talk about anymore.

You have no reason to be ashamed of being right-wing, that's your position and you should feel free to defend yourself. Some may agree with your preconceived ideas of what others are or aren't, but I can tell you that some of those assumptions are wrong. I don't find these discussions shameful or as poor for the board, I believe they may the board better. The Spin Zone is one of the most popular places on this board, if not the most popular, people who wish to discuss politics routinely find themselves there and for the most part we have a good time. You should check it out, if you feel so inclined.

The more people who become engaged in the process, educated on the issues, and take positions the better off we'll all be. Trying to hide from the issues that effect us all does nobody any good and no matter which side you take, you should feel confident in it and participate in the process. That's why I said in a previous thread I was hoping more players spoke their minds on more issues, we need more dialogue, more conversations, and more awareness, not less.

Nelson Mandela famously said "...Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us..." and the more that I look around the more I find that to be true. If you don't want the discussion or don't want to participate in it then that is your choice, but many others do want the discussions and many more will have an opportunity to read and possibly learn something from it. We should all be happy about that.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 09:44 AM
Page 4 doesn't open for me...

I've had the same problem with page 4 as well.

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 09:47 AM
:rofl: I like how in the past 24 hours I've become a Hillary Clinton supporter and DB has become left-leaning.

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 09:53 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers just announced that the entire team will remain in the locker room today during the national anthem.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 09:54 AM
:rofl: I like how in the past 24 hours I've become a Hillary Clinton supporter and DB has become left-leaning.

That's what we call assuming. But we know what it does....don't we? :nod:

- - - Updated - - -

Pittsburgh Steelers just announced that the entire team will remain in the locker room today during the national anthem.

The president's tears on this matter for the next 24 hours will be most delicious...

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 09:55 AM

Keep in mind Pittsburgh roster has LT Al Villanueva on it. He did three tours in Afghanistan and received the Bronze Star.

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 09:59 AM

Wow, that's bold. Good for them.

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 10:04 AM

I really want you to take a moment and think about this. You're seriously okay with the President of the United States speaking out in support of sanctioning U.S. Citizens for exercising their Constitutionally-protected right to protest non-violently?

ckg927
09-24-2017, 10:07 AM
Keep in mind Pittsburgh roster has LT Al Villanueva on it. He did three tours in Afghanistan and received the Bronze Star.

Also, the Oakland A's catcher who kneeled for the anthem yesterday is the son of an Army soldier.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 10:10 AM
I really want you to take a moment and think about this. You're seriously okay with the President of the United States speaking out in support of sanctioning U.S. Citizens for exercising their Constitutionally-protected right to protest non-violently?

He didn't threaten to kill them or throw them in jail unless I'm mistaken. Yes, they have a right to protest, but people have a right to react to said protest. Because he's the president he shouldn't have an opinion on the matter?

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 10:19 AM
Because he's the president he shouldn't have an opinion on the matter?

Since he's President, his opinion on the matter should not include calling non-violent protesters "son(s) of *****(es)". That's not an unreasonable or partisan assertion on my part. If he wants us to believe that there are "very fine people" that protested in Charlottesville, he can't turn around and use the language he used to vilify Colin Kaepernick and his fellow kneelers.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Since he's President, his opinion on the matter should not include calling non-violent protesters "son(s) of *****(es)". That's not an unreasonable or partisan assertion on my part. If he wants us to believe that there are "very fine people" that protested in Charlottesville, he can't turn around and use the language he used to vilify Colin Kaepernick and his fellow kneelers.
I understand where you're coming from. i agree the term 'sons of *****es' isn't appropriate and do appreciate this civilized discussion with no name calling. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being serious.
But I respect his right to protest as I respect the players right even though I disagree vehemently with them.

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 10:40 AM
I understand where you're coming from. i agree the term 'sons of *****es' isn't appropriate and do appreciate this civilized discussion with no name calling. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being serious.
But I respect his right to protest as I respect the players right even though I disagree vehemently with them.
Did you ever express the belief that Barack Obama was disrespecting the Constitution during his tenure? If so, what actions did he take that made you feel that way?

BillsImpossible
09-24-2017, 10:52 AM
This is the beginning of the end of the NFL. Expect to see a lot of empty seats across the nation today and the rest of the season.

The NFL continues to ignore the average fan and kowtows to the alter of globalist socialism/communism.

As Michelle Obama once said, "All this over a damn flag."

The Pegula's statement was pathetic. Bunch of warm and fuzzy politically correct horse manure. May as well give the team crayons, coloring books, and playdough to cope. They just lost a lot of customers that pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch their crappy product.

Why hasn't a single NFL player said anything about the black on black violence in Chicago and other cities across America?

That's a bigger problem, but nobody wants to address it because that involves personal responsibility and accountability.

Can't blame white cops for that, so they ignore the problem and choose to collectively lay blame and point the finger at anyone besides themselves.

What about the culture of violence, drug use, misogyny and hate espoused by so many rap, "artists?"

BillsImpossible
09-24-2017, 10:57 AM
Did you ever express the belief that Barack Obama was disrespecting the Constitution during his tenure? If so, what actions did he take that made you feel that way?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/in-theory/wp/2016/01/15/obama-is-upending-the-role-of-the-presidency/?utm_term=.8a7265fea12f

Obama’s determination to ignore Congress and rely solely on his presidential power has become the signature of his governing style. He has reshaped immigration policy by refusing to enforce the deportation (http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2144031) of millions of illegal aliens, unilaterally suspended parts of his signature health-care law to make it more politically palatable and entered into international agreements (http://www.aei.org/publication/why-obamas-executive-action-on-iran-does-not-violate-the-law/) on Iran’s nuclear program and on climate change without congressional approval (http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-boltonyoo-paris-climate-deal-not-binding-20151201-story.html).

BillsImpossible
09-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Nelson Mandela famously said "...Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us..." and the more that I look around the more I find that to be true......

Nelson Mandela?

"How To Be A Good Communist," by Nelson Mandela

http://rhodesia.nl/goodcom.html

"Long live the Cuban Revolution. Long live comrade Fidel Castro....Cuban internationalists have done so much for African independence, freedom and justice."

BillsImpossible
09-24-2017, 11:18 AM
The 25 Most Violent Rap Songs of All-Time

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/05/the-25-most-violent-rap-songs-of-all-time/

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/R-1786888-1243275145.jpeg_c6ydkl.jpg

ckg927
09-24-2017, 11:23 AM
This is the beginning of the end of the NFL. Expect to see a lot of empty seats across the nation today and the rest of the season.

The NFL continues to ignore the average fan and kowtows to the alter of globalist socialism/communism.

The Pegula's statement was pathetic. Bunch of warm and fuzzy politically correct horse manure. May as well give the team crayons, coloring books, and playdough to cope. They just lost a lot of customers that pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch their crappy product.

Why hasn't a single NFL player said anything about the black on black violence in Chicago and other cities across America?

That's a bigger problem, but nobody wants to address it because that involves personal responsibility and accountability.

Can't blame white cops for that, so they ignore the problem and choose to collectively lay blame and point the finger at anyone besides themselves.

What about the culture of violence, drug use, misogyny and hate espoused by so many rap, "artists?"

OH, yes....Bimpy pulls out the "But CHICAGO!" card. As veteran consumer advocate David Horowitz would say, "That's a tip off to a rip off." The rip off, of course, being your post and the points you're making.

What he seems to forget is that a NUMBER of teams have issued similar statements. Including....yes....the New England Patriots.

If the NFL seems to be at "the beginning of the end", this will be among the LEAST likely culprits. Has the lack of parity, the overabundance of commercials, the perception that it's New England vs. 31 other teams full of jabronis, etc. worked its way into the micro-brain's head any time soon?

kingJofNYC
09-24-2017, 11:31 AM

Love it, let the hate flow.

Stop watching and posting if the league is dead to you.

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 11:40 AM
He has reshaped immigration policy by refusing to enforce the deportation (http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2144031) of millions of illegal aliens

Make sure you don't let the fact that Obama deported the most illegal immigrants in modern U.S. History un-cloud your judgment.

Mr. Pink
09-24-2017, 11:40 AM
So does Kaep get his job back now?

Or is he just a martyr?

Gilly
09-24-2017, 11:44 AM
Pitt handle things the right way. Hope the Bills who took a knee blows it out.

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 11:44 AM
Bills players follow Jags-Ravens lead. Players and coaches locking arms. Multiple players take a knee.

Shady was on the bench doing stretching during the anthem.

BillsImpossible
09-24-2017, 11:51 AM
Bills players follow Jags-Ravens lead. Players and coaches locking arms. Multiple players take a knee.

Shady was stretching his mangina while the players and coaches locking arms and taking a knee engaged in group think like a bunch of cows following the herd over a cliff.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 11:57 AM
Shady was stretching his mangina while the players and coaches locking arms and taking a knee engaged in group think like a bunch of cows following the herd over a cliff.
Go sod off, you moronic hyper-patriot. (And I DON'T mean of the New England variety.)

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, at the Detroit game, the anthem singer took a knee as well.

So did a number of the Patriots.

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 12:00 PM
Go sod off, you moronic hyper-patriot. (And I DON'T mean of the New England variety.)

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, at the Detroit game, the anthem singer took a knee as well.

Yes, you do. Don't let sycophants like Bimp co-opt the word and make it represent the morons who wrap themselves in the flag. True Patriots are the ones who endeavour to make the nation it represents the best it can be.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Yes, you do. Don't let sycophants like Bimp co-opt the word and make it represent the morons who wrap themselves in the flag. True Patriots are the ones who endeavour to make the nation it represents the best it can be.

IC: That's the point I'm making-albeit in a different way. Bimpy is a hyper-patriot. You and I are NOT.

BillsImpossible
09-24-2017, 12:13 PM
You're either a patriot that respects the flag, or you're not.

You're not.

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 12:18 PM

You're not.

You're right that we don't respect you, but there's an L in there that doesn't belong.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 12:24 PM

You're not.

I KNOW this is going to get censored, but I'm going to say it anyway:

GO. ****. YOURSELF.

YOU do NOT get to tell us how to be patriotic. Do you understand that?

justasportsfan
09-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Looks like Trump the opposite reaction he was looking for.

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 12:28 PM
Looks like Trump the opposite reaction he was looking for.

Anybody with a brain could of told him that. Going after the NFL was not a smart decision.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Anybody with a brain could of told him that. Going after the NFL was not a smart decision.
Ditto the NBA.

As I've said in other places, we're not dealing with a MENSA here.

BillsImpossible
09-24-2017, 12:33 PM

It wasn't just smart, it was freaking brilliant.

President Trump whacked the communist bee hive, and all the bees came out, honey.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 12:41 PM

President Trump whacked the communist bee hive, and all the bees came out, honey.
And what did it get him, exactly?

He got stung so many times by so many people, I HOPE he isn't allergic to bee stings.

BillsImpossible
09-24-2017, 01:02 PM

He got stung so many times by so many people, I HOPE he isn't allergic to bee stings.

President Trump was born in Queens.

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 01:17 PM

I mean, it got him a nice distraction from actual politics and a bunch of photo-ops to dog whistle his slavering base with.

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 01:20 PM

No it wasn't. Do you not see how this is a bit of a charade to give people a shiny new object to focus on while he suffers defeats on other fronts?

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 01:28 PM

and he came out for the anthem. I know many of you are disappointed.

sahlensguy
09-24-2017, 01:42 PM

Well one fan here is giving up his season tickets.

Gilly
09-24-2017, 03:09 PM
I guess Pitt should have concentrated on winning the game rather than making a Anthem statement.

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 03:46 PM
Ray Lewis came off as a hypocrite. He came out saying he didn't agree with kneeling due to his brothers in military. Stood against Kaep yet is shown kneeling now lol

McCoy said the same then didn't stand today. Apparently the Executive branch (and NFL) "leadership" is causing some people to re-evaluate?

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 03:49 PM

cue the personal attacks in 3......2.......1.......

DraftBoy is a registered republican. I'm an independent who has been deleted on social media for being too right wing and too left wing before. One problem I see is many people take things these days that shouldn't be partisan and make them partisan.... and too many on both "sides" care more about their political "team" than figuring out what is right.

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 03:54 PM

I have an answer for this but I am curious what others say first.

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2017, 03:57 PM
These **** ****ing *******s are breaking the law.
§171. Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 04:12 PM
These **** ****ing *******s are breaking the law.
§171. Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

First of all, that's not a LAW.
The flag code of conduct is an interesting thing to read in it's entirety though.

There are things which are considered more disrespectful than kneeling such as wearing the flag.... Here's a nice summary:

US Flag Code: Chapter 10.176C “The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.”
^this is violated at every football game

US Flag Code: Chapter 10.176D “The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.”
^this is violated at every Trump rally

US Flag Code Chapter 10.176I “The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever.”
^this is violated by Republican businessmen all the time

US Flag Code Chapter 10.176I (pt 2) “It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like...”
^this is violated at every Trump rally

US Flag Code Chapter 10.176I (pt3) “...or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.”
^this is violated by every household on the 4th of July

US Flag Code Chapter 10.176J “No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.”
^this is violated by college sports teams frequently

Not covered in the “Respect for Flag” section: standing/kneeling/sitting. That’s considered a conduct violation, as you should stand, but is not listed as disrespectful.

Novacane
09-24-2017, 04:23 PM
Did you walk out today Bert?

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2017, 04:56 PM
Did you walk out today Bert?

No. Lesean Mccoy pissed me off so badly during the anthem that I almost had a stroke. I really wanted to leave but my pussy friends(Whose idea it was to leave if anyone sat) backed out of leaving so I sat in hell and watched a great game while sweating more than I do when I work out.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 05:05 PM
No. Lesean Mccoy pissed me off so badly during the anthem that I almost had a stroke. I really wanted to leave but my pussy friends(Whose idea it was to leave if anyone sat) backed out of leaving so I sat in hell and watched a great game while sweating more than I do when I work out.

You're a snowflake and a coward. (And so are your friends.) Quite the combination.

Thurmal
09-24-2017, 05:07 PM
You're a snowflake and a coward. (And so are your friends.) Quite the combination.
I love how you liberals are still trying to make "snowflake" happen. That is a pejorative for leftie pussies and, no matter how hard you try to turn that around, it will never work.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 05:13 PM
I love how you liberals are still trying to make "snowflake" happen. That is a pejorative for leftie pussies and, no matter how hard you try to turn that around, it will never work.
Well, YOUR side is trying to impose patriotism at the point of a bayonet. So you can go **** off right about now with all your concern trolling about which side uses the term snowflake more.

Thurmal
09-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Well, YOUR side is trying to impose patriotism at the point of a bayonet. So you can go **** off right about now with all your concern trolling about which side uses the term snowflake more.
My side is simply criticizing millionaires -- who could never make that kind of money in any other country on Earth -- ****ting on the American flag. Big difference.

Novacane
09-24-2017, 05:18 PM

Why are you always so angry?

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 05:19 PM
My side is simply criticizing millionaires -- who could never make that kind of money in any other country on Earth -- ****ting on the American flag. Big difference.
Good call. Professional soccer players on other continents are living in poverty, I tells ya!

- - - Updated - - -

I almost had a stroke.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe next time!

Novacane
09-24-2017, 05:20 PM

What McCoy did was no protest against social injustice. He was just being a disrespectful little puke.

Thurmal
09-24-2017, 05:21 PM
Good call. Professional soccer players on other continents are living in poverty, I tells ya!
Name one NFL player that could move to Europe and play professional soccer? That's what I thought.

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Name one NFL player that could move to Europe and play professional soccer? That's what I thought.

Name one NFL player that would have committed himself to the sport of American football if he grew up in Europe.

And please don't insult my intelligence by suggesting you know what thinking is.

Thurmal
09-24-2017, 05:24 PM
What McCoy did was no protest against social injustice. He was just being a disrespectful little puke.
This is the same guy who cried "racism" when he was traded and replaced by DeMarco Murray because he thought Chip Kelly hated black people. We're not talking about Tesla here.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 05:26 PM

No, your side is trying to make us all be as hyper-patriotic as you are. Again, you can't enforce patriotism at the point of a bayonet or with threats.

As for NFL athletes and the money they make: Obviously you haven't seen the amount of money that good to great soccer players are commanding, when everything is factored in. (These amounts are from 2016.) Consider, for just a couple examples:

-Cristiano Ronaldo(Real Madrid): $93 million(For comparison, the Cavs' LeBron James ONLY pulled in $86 million from everything he does; $31 million from salary alone.)
-Lionel Messi(Barcelona): $80 million

I anxiously await your concern trolling about people who wear the flag on their clothing. Or does that pass muster in your Conservatively Correct world?

ckg927
09-24-2017, 05:27 PM
Why are you always so angry?

Because, in the words of comedian/satirist Rick Mercer: "Anger is my cardio."

And, as I get older, I find I have less use for people who spout BS. It doesn't matter WHAT side does it.

Novacane
09-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Are we really having an argument about what athletes are more overpaid?

Thurmal
09-24-2017, 05:35 PM
No, your side is trying to make us all be as hyper-patriotic as you are. Again, you can't enforce patriotism at the point of a bayonet or with threats.

What threats or bayonets are being used? I don't want people to be "hyper-patriotic," I would just like people to pay some sort of respect to the greatest country on the planet. They all benefit from the world of opportunity this nation provides and calling them out for taking it for granted is in no way "enforcing" anything.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 05:41 PM
Believe me, I don't think ANYONE is taking it for granted.

As for the "threats and bayonets", it is the rhetoric behind it all. Not just Trump's, but everyone else's.

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2017, 05:52 PM

Well I could have lied like all you liberal ******s do and said yes, I left and sat in my air conditioned truck until the game was over. At least I'm honest. You can eat a big fat dick.

ckg927
09-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Well I could have lied like all you liberal ******s do and said yes, I left and sat in my air conditioned truck until the game was over. At least I'm honest. You can eat a big fat dick.

Your words betray you. You left the stadium proper, not the property(and that INCLUDES the lots surrounding it).

As far as what you want me to eat...."MOM! Bert won't come out of the closet!"

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Your words betray you. You left the stadium proper, not the property(and that INCLUDES the lots surrounding it).

As far as what you want me to eat...."MOM! Bert won't come out of the closet!"

Are you legally ******ed?

ckg927
09-24-2017, 06:17 PM
Are you legally ******ed?

Do you still beat your wife?

Need I remind you that YOU brought that garbage into here. Don't come here crying like a baby when someone returns fire and gets under your skin.

sukie
09-25-2017, 01:55 PM
STFU, you worthless a-hole.

You run carrying a leather clad rubber bladder for a living.

Your opinion holds no more value than that of a six-year old child.

You are paid exponentially more than 99% of the people in this country, who work our asses off every day and who form opinions about given individuals on a case-by-case basis, based on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.

Spare us the lecture you self-important gas bag.

Shut up and run with the ball.

Thanks to Wagon for this post.

sahlensguy
09-25-2017, 02:40 PM
STFU, you worthless a-hole.

You run carrying a leather clad rubber bladder for a living.

Your opinion holds no more value than that of a six-year old child.

You are paid exponentially more than 99% of the people in this country, who work our asses off every day and who form opinions about given individuals on a case-by-case basis, based on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.

Spare us the lecture you self-important gas bag.

Shut up and run with the ball.

Thanks to Wagon for this post.
If Shady's opinion holds no value, why does it upset you so much and why do you want to suppress his right to free speech?

sukie
09-25-2017, 03:03 PM
If Shady's opinion holds no value, why does it upset you so much and why do you want to suppress his right to free speech?
I was a copy and paste job as a joke. red was my changes (from the kicker thread)

Historian
09-26-2017, 12:29 PM
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21768134_1428711650499617_4956748438970683355_n.jpg?oh=39b450b5886e1b69d38913959096eb29&oe=5A3F33AD