PDA

View Full Version : McCoy's replacement: Barkley, Penn State

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2017, 08:47 PM
Very similar runner, jump cuts and all. Same height, maybe 10 lb heavier, but a bit slower.

McCoy drafted in the 2nd round. But Barkley likely in the 1st round.

At this time, though, I don't see the Bills spending a 1st round pick on a RB next year.

YardRat
09-23-2017, 09:42 PM
I hope not.

Mouldsie
09-23-2017, 10:51 PM
It makes sense since we already have our franchise QB in Nathan Peterman (who can actually defy the natural laws that govern this planet according to one poster).

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 12:21 AM
Very similar runner, jump cuts and all. Same height, maybe 10 lb heavier, but a bit slower.

McCoy drafted in the 2nd round. But Barkley likely in the 1st round.

At this time, though, I don't see the Bills spending a 1st round pick on a RB next year.
i agree. they wouldn't draft a RB in the first round. It'll be a DB

Wally The Barber
09-24-2017, 12:37 AM
It makes sense since we already have our franchise QB in Nathan Peterman (who can actually defy the natural laws that govern this planet according to one poster).

I endorse this post

ghz in pittsburgh
09-24-2017, 08:21 AM
What ever they do, I just hope they DONOT trade all those picks accumulated and shot over one prospect QB. Ideally I would like to see one QB, one stud WR in the first round, let them grow together (kind of like Dalton and Green, but hoping for doing better than Dalton in a supposedly QB prospect rich year).

EDS
09-24-2017, 08:36 AM
No way I would use a first round pick on a running back.

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 08:41 AM
No way I would use a first round pick on a running back.

What if you could get Darnold with the first 1st and Barkley with the second? Look at the difference Gurley is making in St. Louis.

EDS
09-24-2017, 11:05 AM
What if you could get Darnold with the first 1st and Barkley with the second? Look at the difference Gurley is making in St. Louis.

Gurley was good as a rookie but the Rams still had a losing record, just like the Bills with Shady. To win in the NFLthese days you need a QB or you need everything else to be perfect.

psubills62
09-24-2017, 11:17 AM
As much as I'd love it, the situations simply won't match. We need a QB way more than anything else, and we'd have to pass on one to grab Barkley.

Barring injury, I have few doubts Barkley will go top five, personally. If we had a QB to afford picking Barkley, he is an absolute difference maker.

DraftBoy
09-24-2017, 12:06 PM
Gurley was good as a rookie but the Rams still had a losing record, just like the Bills with Shady. To win in the NFLthese days you need a QB or you need everything else to be perfect.

And this year? Goff looks like a franchise QB and their offense is among the best in the league by riding him.

ParanoidAndroid
09-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Siemian shows Tyrod how to scramble and keep your eyes downfield.

ParanoidAndroid
09-24-2017, 01:35 PM
This is going to end up how we thought it would. We survived the first half but this is going to get out of hand if we can't play offense.

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 04:16 PM

Barkley is the rare player I might spend a 1st on. He's better than Elliott.

The Beef
09-24-2017, 04:30 PM
Barkley is the college RB I've seen since McGahee pre-injury.

He's a beast, supposedly ran 4.33 this year, huge strength and his balance is out of this world.

Dude looked like Walyer Payton in Emmit Smith's body vs Iowa yesterdsy.

Skooby
09-24-2017, 04:42 PM
Barkley is the college RB I've seen since McGahee pre-injury.

He's a beast, supposedly ran 4.33 this year, huge strength and his balance is out of this world.

Dude looked like Walyer Payton in Emmit Smith's body vs Iowa yesterdsy.
No joke, this dude is the Schizo.

Night Train
09-24-2017, 04:45 PM
If we draft a RB in Round 1, I'll throw something at the TV.

starrymessenger
09-25-2017, 07:51 AM
Yeah Darnold and Barkley. That would make my day for sure.

psubills62
09-25-2017, 08:17 AM
Exactly how far do you think Barkley is dropping? Call me a homer, but I'd be absolutely baffled if he dropped out of the top 10.

DraftBoy
09-25-2017, 08:45 AM
Exactly how far do you think Barkley is dropping? Call me a homer, but I'd be absolutely baffled if he dropped out of the top 10.

I expect him to go Top 10, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

Really will depend on where teams fall on pass rushers and offensive tackles. Those are the items that could push Barkley down some other than QB's.

sukie
09-25-2017, 09:17 AM
I would like to see that guy bump a QB Down to Buffalo. Someone will draft the kid really high.

ticatfan
09-25-2017, 09:46 AM
Siemian shows Tyrod how to scramble and keep your eyes downfield.But Siemian still lost the game.

The Beef
09-25-2017, 11:06 AM
I would like to see that guy bump a QB Down to Buffalo. Someone will draft the kid really high.

And they should. No doubt there's value in the mid rounds at RB, Kareem Hunt is the latest example. Freeman was a 4th rounder. Jordan Howard in the 5th.

Barkley is as can't miss as it gets. Even with Shady on the roster I wouldn't bat an eye if the Bills picked him. This guy isn't a shiny toy like adding Spiller to a team with Lynch and Fred. This is a guy who quite possibly is the best player on the field when he lines up.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the Browns pick him if they fall to 3 or 4.

The Colts would be wise to keep tanking and pair him with Luck next year. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a team move up to get him if he is there at #5 or later.

DraftBoy
09-25-2017, 11:07 AM
And they should. No doubt there's value in the mid rounds at RB, Kareem Hunt is the latest example. Freeman was a 4th rounder. Jordan Howard in the 5th.

Barkley is as can't miss as it gets. Even with Shady on the roster I wouldn't bat an eye if the Bills picked him. This guy isn't a shiny toy like adding Spiller to a team with Lynch and Fred. This is a guy who quite possibly is the best player on the field when he lines up.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the Browns pick him if they fall to 3 or 4.

The Colts would be wise to keep tanking and pair him with Luck next year. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a team move up to get him if he is there at #5 or later.

Browns make a lot of sense.

Colts need to focus on protecting Luck before they give him any new weapons.

jwenger
09-25-2017, 02:54 PM

I still will never know why we passed up DeShawn Watson?? He came within a whisker of beating
the great Tom Brady at New England. They played Brady point for point and were leading at the end
until that little guy they stole in free agency made a lucky catch. We missed the boat when we passed
on DeShawn.All in all hats off to the Bills for beating the Broncos. This week the Bills get to play in a real
fine stadium against a real fine team. The Falcons will be looking for 4 straight wins. Only other unbeaten is the
KC Chiefs whom we happen to get one of their draft picks next year. Falcons RB Freeman is >>> McCoy and far
cheaper too. Look forwrd to a good game..

colin
09-25-2017, 03:09 PM
elliot, gurley, mcaffrey and fournette have all shown that the nfl is back on the drafting rb's early again. i doubt the top 1 or even 2/3 rbs drop down to our second 1st round pick, so we'd have to take one over qb.

psubills62
09-25-2017, 08:25 PM
Barkley is as can't miss as it gets.
This is why I'd be mildly surprised if he fell out of the top 5 and absolutely shocked if he makes it out of the top 10. Not just because of his on-field talent. That alone could get teams falling in love with him, but his off-field work ethic and character makes him such a low-risk pick.

And everything he's done in college has been behind a below-average OL. This year should be one of the best OL's PSU has had since Barkley got there, but still not close to the run-dominant OL that a guy like Elliott ran behind in college.