PDA

View Full Version : The Tyrod made us eat S-thread

Skooby
09-24-2017, 03:46 PM
It's tastes yummy, Go Bills !!

sahlensguy
09-24-2017, 03:49 PM
When it came time for Tyrod to take control of the game, Von Miller gave it to him. Good game by TT anyway. I'll take it.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 03:50 PM
i give you credit mitch. I was waiting for you to double down and somehow rip him today.

He wasn't perfect but played well enough and deserves some credit and respect for this win. That throw and catch to O'Leary was just a thing of beauty. Wish he could and would consistently do that.

The play calling was better which helped him out as well.

OpIv37
09-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Tyrod did we needed him to do today. The problem is that he hasn't shown the ability to do that consistently. Hopefully this is the start of something good but usually players who haven't gotten it after two years of starting never figure it out.

tomz
09-24-2017, 03:57 PM
He stood in the pocket and took off only when he had too or when it was designed. Oline deserves some credit too, though they were not good run blocking.

Luisito23
09-24-2017, 03:58 PM
I like this thread, Skooby, I give you props for giving due, when due is needed.

Ingtar33
09-24-2017, 03:59 PM
on a day our RB's combined for 62 yards on 25 carries, TT stood tall and got the job done.

was it pretty? not really. But a W is still a W, and it came against a legit superbowl contending team with possibly the best defense in the league.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 04:00 PM
off the subject but TreDavious has a bright future. Yes, he got burned a few times today and yes he will have more growing pains, but I think this was a very solid pick

Luisito23
09-24-2017, 04:01 PM
I like White a lot too, kid's got a bright future.

jimmifli
09-24-2017, 04:01 PM
Tyrod did we needed him to do today. The problem is that he hasn't shown the ability to do that consistently. Hopefully this is the start of something good but usually players who haven't gotten it after two years of starting never figure it out.

Tyrod has played like this his entire career. He just had a **** defense before.

Ed
09-24-2017, 04:03 PM
Tyrod continues to take care of the football and not turn it over. I don't think he gets enough credit for that, but it makes a big difference.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 04:04 PM
I like White a lot too, kid's got a bright future.

I would argue that Gilmore has been more than adequately replaced.

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Tyrod has played like this his entire career. He just had a **** defense before.

He's top 10 in the NFL as a starter in leading an offense in terms of points per drive and defense adjusted yards per play. That's a fact, it's not all him but he's been scoring points since he arrived at a higher rate than we've seen since at least 2002.

He also is the only QB we've had with a winning record since Jim Kelly. He's also got the best QBR or anyone we've had since Kelly.

To say he's garbage is and always was a gross overreaction. We could do better, we could also do a lot worse.

(I forgot to add: keeps us near the bottom of the league in giveaways)

tomz
09-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Finding a way to win. Now if Zay Jones could get with the program things will look brighter than they have in some time.

justasportsfan
09-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Pffft!

We would've won 46 - 16 if Peterman was the QB.

Good game TT.

Thurmal
09-24-2017, 04:37 PM
off the subject but TreDavious has a bright future. Yes, he got burned a few times today and yes he will have more growing pains, but I think this was a very solid pick
It was really promising, I think, to see how he rallied after a very rough first half. Came out like gangbusters in the second.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 04:39 PM
It was really promising, I think, to see how he rallied after a very rough first half. Came out like gangbusters in the second.

and it's very likely that Julio Jones and Sanu make him their ***** next week, but that'll be very forgivable in my opinion

YardRat
09-24-2017, 04:47 PM
I didn't watch any of the game after the first couple of drives, listened on the radio while working around the house, so I'll reserve comment/criticism until after I watch it because the only thing I really have to go on are the radio guys' comments and the stat line, other than to say it was an enjoyable game to listen to. The final overall comments from Murph and Kelso after all was said and done was this was probably Tyrod's best game ever.

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 04:58 PM
I didn't watch any of the game after the first couple of drives, listened on the radio while working around the house, so I'll reserve comment/criticism until after I watch it because the only thing I really have to go on are the radio guys' comments and the stat line, other than to say it was an enjoyable game to listen to. The final overall comments from Murph and Kelso after all was said and done was this was probably Tyrod's best game ever.

I don't know if it topped Seattle last year, but today he had a defense so we got the win... (good example of how QB W/L can be a little overrated as a stat)

Skooby
09-24-2017, 04:59 PM
It's all-around his best game passing, there was a few ducks but generally speaking his athleticism shone bright today!

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2017, 05:01 PM
He's still holding the offense back at times. I had back pedaled from my previous opinion on it though. I think it's 50% him and 50% the line. They both need to do better and I hope they can and do. I like winning. **** draft picks. Winning is awesome.

Novacane
09-24-2017, 05:25 PM
I still don't think he's good enough. He's had good games before. String some of those together before I eat ****

Joe Fo Sho
09-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Tyrod played well today, there's no doubting that. But it's still not enough until he does it consistently. Tyrod has had games where he played better than this, but it didn't mean a thing because he followed it up with his patented 125 yards or less game.

Here were our last 3 drives of the game (besides the kneel down drive):

1st and 10 from DEN 32 ----> 4th and 23 from DEN 45 (PUNT)
1st and 10 from DEN 31 ----> 4th and 13 from DEN 34 (FIELD GOAL)
1st and 10 from BUF 38 ----> 27 yard field goal

Those 1st 2 drives that both started just outside the Denver 30 resulted in a net gain of -16 yards. That last drive was only prolonged by a completely bogus (but I'll take it all day) call against Von Miller for pretending to help our QB up after an incomplete pass on 3rd down from the DEN 46 which would have resulted in a punt if not for the No Fun League.

Like I said, Tyrod played well and I was happy to see it, but he's still got a lot of work to do before he convinces me that he's improved.

Turf
09-24-2017, 06:04 PM
I think Dennison needs to let him loose and throw the ball more often.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-24-2017, 06:18 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that he has stepped up his game from last year. What he did today looks like a 13-15 million QB.

I also feel the Bills offensive playbook is opening gradually and Taylor is getting a little more comfortable with it and the new players.

The question is how much ceiling he has? He is 28.

The next question is if he can sustain this kind of level of play. If he does, he can be a winning QB in this league, but not at an elite level. That will be an interesting question for the management.

djjimkelly
09-24-2017, 06:30 PM
simien played like **** and a terrible 4th down fake handed us the game

tyrod still sucks

week 3 weird upsets we just happened to play outside our norm

Skooby
09-24-2017, 06:34 PM

tyrod still sucks

We will have the #1 defense in the NFL, we didn't play against all easy teams either & the Broncos just scored 37.

baalworship
09-24-2017, 07:03 PM
My opinion on moving on from Tyrod ASAP has not changed. That said, a very gutsy and strong performance from Tyrod.

YardRat
09-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Watching the tape of the game now. LOL at the Holmes TD, a stroke of luck, although it was a good pass that Zay should have held on to.

The Beef
09-24-2017, 07:10 PM
Tyrod played well today, there's no doubting that. But it's still not enough until he does it consistently. Tyrod has had games where he played better than this, but it didn't mean a thing because he followed it up with his patented 125 yards or less game.

Here were our last 3 drives of the game (besides the kneel down drive):

1st and 10 from DEN 32 ----> 4th and 23 from DEN 45 (PUNT)
1st and 10 from DEN 31 ----> 4th and 13 from DEN 34 (FIELD GOAL)
1st and 10 from BUF 38 ----> 27 yard field goal

Those 1st 2 drives that both started just outside the Denver 30 resulted in a net gain of -16 yards. That last drive was only prolonged by a completely bogus (but I'll take it all day) call against Von Miller for pretending to help our QB up after an incomplete pass on 3rd down from the DEN 46 which would have resulted in a punt if not for the No Fun League.

Like I said, Tyrod played well and I was happy to see it, but he's still got a lot of work to do before he convinces me that he's improved.

By the same token Shady ripped a run off down to the 10 the first play of that 1st drive only to be called back by a garbage holding call on Incognito.

Tyrod was far from perfect, but that's the type of game he is built to win.

Also, I don't know if a team can score an ugly 26 points the way the Bills do. Just weird, and it was actually all done in 3 quarters as we have just a disgusting 1st quarter offense the last 2 games.

Has to be one of the worst "First 15" scripts in the league in quite some time. There's no gaps in the running game, no rhythm in the passing game, no semblance of a downfield threat.

YardRat
09-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Richie is struggling a little bit so far this season...or being targeted. He's been called for holding at least once in every game I believe.

Joe Fo Sho
09-24-2017, 08:17 PM
By the same token Shady ripped a run off down to the 10 the first play of that 1st drive only to be called back by a garbage holding call on Incognito.

I wish the running game could cover up for poor QB play, too. But it just can't happen all of the time.

Also, I don't know if a team can score an ugly 26 points the way the Bills do. Just weird, and it was actually all done in 3 quarters as we have just a disgusting 1st quarter offense the last 2 games.

Has to be one of the worst "First 15" scripts in the league in quite some time. There's no gaps in the running game, no rhythm in the passing game, no semblance of a downfield threat.

Agreed.

mynmisoli
09-24-2017, 09:02 PM
We win in spite of TT, not because of him. We will have to ride our defense and run game all year if we want a chance at the playoffs.

imbondz
09-24-2017, 09:05 PM

tyrod still sucks

lol. Even tho I’m hopeful I also agree with you.

Mace
09-24-2017, 09:13 PM
I don't know, I see Taylor as a limited QB. I think I'm more impressed Dennison found the way (for a game at least) to use him perfectly and Taylor did what he does best (for a game at least) within that framework. They can work with this and it's how it's supposed to work. It's a real good thing, but I want to see how it holds up through the season before I get too optimistic.

It's certainly progress after last week. Can't complain, just wary though intrigued.

jimmifli
09-24-2017, 09:27 PM
I don't know, I see Taylor as a limited QB. I think I'm more impressed Dennison found the way (for a game at least) to use him perfectly and Taylor did what he does best (for a game at least) within that framework. They can work with this and it's how it's supposed to work. It's a real good thing, but I want to see how it holds up through the season before I get too optimistic.

It's certainly progress after last week. Can't complain, just wary though intrigued.

Roman/Lynn got points from Tyrod. Rex gave them away on D.

Makes you wonder how **** Rex Ryan actually is. There is less talent on D this season, it actually fits the scheme, but I think there is less talent.

I know Rex sucked, but for these guys to come in and throw some spare parts behind a dominant Dline and get this level of performance it just shows how totally incompetent Rex was.

Skooby
09-24-2017, 09:36 PM
Tyrod's scrambling drew coverage off a receiver, he recognized that and threw a TD. Before he'd try to run it in on his own and get clocked obviously the Broncos scouting report said Tyrod would run it but he actually thought. To me, that's progress & really says hey I'm out here to win. Denver will probably go on to win 12 games or more this year, we beat a quality team.

A well coached Tyrod went a long way today, the whole team had was disciplined. Great day.

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 09:39 PM
Tyrod's scrambling drew coverage off a receiver, he recognized that and threw a TD. Before he'd try to run it in on his own and get clocked obviously the Broncos scouting report said Tyrod would run it but he actually thought. To me, that's progress & really says hey I'm out here to win. Denver will probably go on to win 12 games or more this year, we beat a quality team.

A well coached Tyrod went a long way today, the whole team had was disciplined. Great day.

I saw what I've seen from him since day one.
I'm kind of shocked you think he didn't do these things before, since we would seemingly watch the same games?

Skooby
09-24-2017, 09:48 PM
I saw what I've seen from him since day one.
I'm kind of shocked you think he didn't do these things before, since we would seemingly watch the same games?

He played his best game today, even the best have some throwing warts. Tyrod was 20 for 26, that's including the amazing throw and TE catch, man that was unreal. You can crap on him at will but he played well today, he had a 126 QB rating:

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/profile

If he plays anywhere near that proficient with our defense probably being #1 or #2 in the league, we make the playoffs. It's something to at least think about, that's nothing to complain about.

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2017, 05:53 AM
I'm not a Tyrod fan by any means. But, if he plays like he did yesterday, I won't complain much. He missed a few wide open guys that he shouldn't have missed, but he also made a few nice plays. I'll take it. 1090102109 times better than last week.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-25-2017, 08:08 AM
So the theme is - if a team has a top flight LB crew, coupled with some studs on D line, Tyrod and McCoy crew will struggle. I actually saw Tyrod's face in Carolina's game when Kuechly tacked him from behind in his scramble, like "where did he come from".

Secondary top shelf or not, it is not that much impacting to Tyrod's game. LB corp affecting him the most.

SpikedLemonade
09-25-2017, 08:22 AM
NOT that I don't enjoy a **** sandwich as much as the next guy, butt I will save my appetite right now to see how TT does over the next two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GVV7L66xh4

ticatfan
09-25-2017, 08:28 AM
As I have said many times ,give this kid a chance and he will be a winner. Some dropped balls, a couple bad throws, but he did not look rookie like. One thing I found was he was a little to hesitant when it came to taking off with the ball. And things could be worse, you could have Cam Newton as QB.

Skooby
09-25-2017, 09:35 AM
I'm not a Tyrod fan by any means. But, if he plays like he did yesterday, I won't complain much. He missed a few wide open guys that he shouldn't have missed, but he also made a few nice plays. I'll take it. 1090102109 (tel:1090102109) times better than last week.

You have to give credit where it's due and Tyrod was that much better, he really had a great game.

How many of Tyrod's passes could of gotten picked off yesterday ???

ticatfan
09-25-2017, 09:44 AM
You have to give credit where it's due and Tyrod was that much better, he really had a great game.

How many of Tyrod's passes could of gotten picked off yesterday ???He thru a couple that were caught that could have been picked, but they weren't.

DesertFox24
09-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Tyrod played his best QB game in maybe his life. He stayed in the pocket and did some nice things.

Should he be able to do this on a consistent basis it will help the run game and make us harder to defend as it is plainly obvious teams are scheming to stop the run.

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2017, 01:25 PM

How many of Tyrod's passes could of gotten picked off yesterday ???

That third down scramble where he fell down, got back up and got the first down was unreal. It's plays like that that keep him as a starter, IMO. If he can remain consistent in the pocket and force teams to back off, he just might be an NFL QB yet.

Joe Fo Sho
09-25-2017, 01:28 PM
That third down scramble where he fell down, got back up and got the first down was unreal. It's plays like that that keep him as a starter, IMO. If he can remain consistent in the pocket and force teams to back off, he just might be an NFL QB yet.

That definitely was impressive, and Tyrod is probably the only QB in the league that could do that. Although the majority of the other QBs could have done the easy thing and just thrown for the 8 yard gain.

justasportsfan
09-25-2017, 01:28 PM
For the first time , Tyrod carried the O on his shoulders when they needed him to. Props to him.

DesertFox24
09-25-2017, 02:25 PM
NOT that I don't enjoy a **** sandwich as much as the next guy, butt I will save my appetite right now to see how TT does over the next two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GVV7L66xh4
What in HADES is this. This is the most deranged and demented video I have seen since TGOC (Two girls.....)

Oh and why was that guy shoveling feces in his wife's mouth and were those real subtitles or fake ones.

To many questions

Kenny
09-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Tyrod played his best QB game in maybe his life. He stayed in the pocket and did some nice things.

Should he be able to do this on a consistent basis it will help the run game and make us harder to defend as it is plainly obvious teams are scheming to stop the run.

Best game this year, but ever? He had some pretty spectacular performances last year - Seattle and the 2nd Miami game come to mind.
He's not an elite QB, but as long as our defense can keep us in a game, this offense can grind out some points.

Skooby
09-25-2017, 03:18 PM
What in HADES is this. This is the most deranged and demented video I have seen since TGOC (Two girls.....)

Oh and why was that guy shoveling feces in his wife's mouth and were those real subtitles or fake ones.

To many questions
If you have to ask, you just won't get it.

DesertFox24
09-26-2017, 03:08 PM
Best game this year, but ever? He had some pretty spectacular performances last year - Seattle and the 2nd Miami game come to mind.
He's not an elite QB, but as long as our defense can keep us in a game, this offense can grind out some points.

But he created and did his damage outside of the pocket in those games. This game he did his damage in the pocket which if he continues will make him a nightmare to defend.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have to ask, you just won't get it.

I got what was going on in the video I was trying to figure out what it was from lol.

Clearly sarcastic humor.

Skooby
09-26-2017, 03:17 PM
But he created and did his damage outside of the pocket in those games. This game he did his damage in the pocket which if he continues will make him a nightmare to defend.

- - - Updated - - -

I got what was going on in the video I was trying to figure out what it was from lol.

Clearly sarcastic humor.

Ditto.