PDA

View Full Version : A little bit worried about Zay Jones

ghz in pittsburgh
09-24-2017, 06:57 PM
Supposedly he came out of college with good hands. Now his hands is really suspect.

Not sure you can expect balls delivered perfectly to you in NFL. So far his route-running is not perfect, which is kind of expected from a rookie. Gaining separation is good. Hands?????

BillsOwnAll
09-24-2017, 07:13 PM
The guy has 3 nfl games under his belt.. man this place loves overreacting.

cookie G
09-24-2017, 07:14 PM
Jordy Nelson had a problem in Green Bay with dropsies his first and second years. ZJ's hands are at least as good.

Rookie nerves, he'll get better.

Mouldsie
09-24-2017, 07:42 PM
I'm not worried about him long term. He has character and passion and will be a good #2 WR for us.

Turf
09-24-2017, 10:50 PM
I think Zay looks really good. Give him some time.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-25-2017, 08:39 AM
If that deflection wound up being a pick yesterday, I think you guys would sing a different tone today.

The Bills don't treat him as a rookie to ease him in (maybe they should). Maybe they have no choice at WR right now but they had him at a play where win or loss can be decided a weak ago, and clearly a designed play yesterday for a TD play (Ha, many thought we would not score a TD against Denver before the game).

DraftBoy
09-25-2017, 08:46 AM
Did he get any targets yesterday after the missed touchdown catch? I saw that he finished with zero receptions.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-25-2017, 08:48 AM
Did he get any targets yesterday after the missed touchdown catch? I saw that he finished with zero receptions.

Tyrod did miss him badly on a wide open 3rd down I think. I can't recall otherwise TBH.

The last buffalo fan
09-25-2017, 09:33 AM
I'm not a football expert, and I do like Tyrod, but I think TT has alot of blame too.

starrymessenger
09-25-2017, 12:05 PM
I'm not a football expert, and I do like Tyrod, but I think TT has alot of blame too.
Yeah a couple of his "drops" are to me actually better described as "tough chances". True an established #2 maybe makes those plays but Zay is getting acclimated to a big step up in competition and speed from what he's used to. He'll get there. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him breakout soon with some highlight reel catches. OTOH it might take a little while but I'm not worried about him.