PDA

View Full Version : Balls and Goats, Bills over Broncos!

YardRat
09-24-2017, 08:32 PM
Nobody started one yet?

Balls...

Defense...These guys play like a team so far.
Shady...not a stellar day statistically, but boy did he work to pick up quite a few critical first downs. Huge.
Hauschka...big day, including a couple of clutch 50+yarders when they were needed the most.
Coaching...the team looks prepared...and hungry...and gelling.

No goats, this was a huge team win.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2017, 08:35 PM
I'd throw tyrod in there too for a ball. He was good today

Mace
09-24-2017, 08:46 PM
I'd be pretty happy giving balls to everyone, it was a solid team win.

I'd personally sign them for Dennison (showed something more than I expected from him), Taylor (he played the best of his style, and it was sweet), and Hauschka who seems to have clearly upgraded the kicking game.

No goats, I'm happy for a week.

jimmifli
09-24-2017, 08:47 PM
Rookie CB gets picked on and toasted, but keeps his head in the game and rallies. That was pretty awesome.

Crisis
09-24-2017, 08:48 PM
Since no one else wants to give goats... Zay and Richie both had pretty poor games I thought. There was a drive Richie single handily pushed us out of FG range with a penalty then giving up a clean sack in particular.

I hope they give Zay some early targets/touches next week to get his confidence back up.

jimmifli
09-24-2017, 08:49 PM
Refs get a goat. We got the calls, but I'd rather the players decide the game.

sahlensguy
09-24-2017, 08:50 PM
No goats. Great team win. Special ball to Von Miller.

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 09:01 PM
No goats. Great team win. Special ball to Von Miller.

I trust when he goes to accept it you're going to pull it away at the last second, right? :D

Scumbag College
09-24-2017, 09:02 PM
There's so many balls to go around for today. I'd have to give two of them to Mills and Dawkins for holding their own most of the game against Von and Co. after a shaky start. Aside from the two drives that started at the Broncos' 30 and only mustered one FG out of the deal, Dennison called a very good game. You could make a case to give most of the defense a game ball, I wouldn't even try to differentiate who's deserving. Hauschka was damn good today after being shaky in the first two games.

The only goat I can think of is Zay. That tipped ball could have been a disaster and changed the game but Holmes saved his ass. Hopefully he can pull it together soon, at some point the Bills will need another WR other than Mathews.

jimmifli
09-24-2017, 09:20 PM
Special ball to Von Miller.

I bet Miller gets suspended next week:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7uiQ-w4ITaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sahlensguy
09-24-2017, 09:26 PM
I trust when he goes to accept it you're going to pull it away at the last second, right? :D

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/PMG0Glz96VuAo" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY (https://giphy.com/gifs/football-charlie-gag-PMG0Glz96VuAo)

ICRockets
09-24-2017, 10:24 PM
Hahaha, it's like Charlie Brown only miraculously MORE pathetic.

Skooby
09-24-2017, 10:35 PM
Balls: Coaches had this team ready today. Bills just barely win time of possession as well.

Goats: Served as lamb chips with Mint jelly tonight.

OpIv37
09-24-2017, 10:47 PM
Goat: White in the first half.
Ball: White in the second half.

And that also means the following...
Ball: Coaches

The halftime adjustments favored us as did the clock management. I can't remember the last time that happened.

Crisis
09-24-2017, 10:51 PM
Goats: I've been watching the NFL for over 20 years and I still have no idea what a catch is.

alohabillsfan
09-25-2017, 04:38 AM
I seen one replay yesterday (you've all seen it) where a player extends the ball over the goal line and then the ball hits the ground and the player loses control.. touchdown! Now a player makes a catch in the end zone has control and both feet on the ground, he falls to the ground out of the end zone drops the ball and it's incomplete?? WTF??

feldspar
09-25-2017, 05:55 AM
I'd be pretty happy giving balls to everyone.

I heard that about you;)

Sorry...

ublinkwescore
09-25-2017, 07:04 AM
I seen one replay yesterday (you've all seen it) where a player extends the ball over the goal line and then the ball hits the ground and the player loses control.. touchdown! Now a player makes a catch in the end zone has control and both feet on the ground, he falls to the ground out of the end zone drops the ball and it's incomplete?? WTF??

I think they could have challenged that ruling, but they were dying to try out the tip drill play they designed.

daryls61
09-25-2017, 07:41 AM
Balls:

Gaines - Upgrad from Darby
White - Upgrade from Gilmore
Alexander - My man!
Sack Lawson - Sack
Humber - tackling machine
CutOnDimes - waterbug
Clays - 7 catches between them
Kid Rocks Replacement - Automatic
Ferguson - Excellent snaps all day

Goats:

Jones - drops
4th down draw them offsides play - WTF?

Historian
09-25-2017, 08:16 AM
Refs get a goat. We got the calls, but I'd rather the players decide the game.

Agree in part.

Refs were terrible yesterday.

Denver's only TD came courtesy of personal fouls and pass interferences.

The silliest one was the taunting on Miller though. What are these guys thinking?

OTOH, how many times in the last twenty years has that kind of call gone against Buffalo....from "just give it to him", to the clean hands rule, to a Bills defender getting penalized for slapping his own teammate on the helmet???

Anyhow...

Balls:

Entire defense

Entire special teams, especially Haushka, and for snuffing out the fake punt.

Goats:

Zay. He's not going to make anybody forget Roscoe Parrish anytime soon.