PDA

View Full Version : Defense!!!

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Wow. I will be honest, after what Denver did to the Cowboys last week, I was almost certain The Bills would get blown out of their own stadium. As the game went on, I realized 2 things. 1.) The Cowboys Defense is either a complete pile of hot garbage, or The Bills are really, really good and 2.) The secondary might be, dare I say it, the, gulp, STRENGTH of this team!

I know it's only 3 games, and there's a huge, huge, test coming up this Sunday, but man so far McD and Frazier have me believing in this unit. Lorenzo Alexander is a flat out beast. This guy has transitioned from lineman to rush end to now a stand up LB this season. He looks like a guy who's been doing it forever.

sahlensguy
09-25-2017, 10:30 AM
They looked good for sure. Gaines and White both seem like very good football players. Smart, aggressive, good tacklers, who seem like team players. No dreadlocks though. Not sure how far they can go.

Sanders and Thomas are a load. Siemian did have a bad game though fortunately.

Ed
09-25-2017, 10:30 AM
This defense is a lot better so far than what I expected, but I'm just hoping they can stay healthy. Our defensive depth is still a big concern for me.

sukie
09-25-2017, 11:25 AM
Any injuries after the game? I know Gaines went down late but I was following on ESPN app

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2017, 11:43 AM
This defense is a lot better so far than what I expected, but I'm just hoping they can stay healthy. Our defensive depth is still a big concern for me.

I'm not as concerned about depth as I was at the beginning of the season. Gaines has gotten hurt a few times and whoever steps in doesn't seem to miss a beat. The depth on the d-line is also a plus rather than a concern any longer.

sukie
09-25-2017, 12:20 PM
Lets have this discussion after the ATL. Monster test.

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2017, 01:16 PM

Either way the Defense is well ahead of where I thought it would be.

Turf
09-25-2017, 01:44 PM
I thought we lost our two best corners?

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-25-2017, 01:46 PM
I thought we lost our two best corners?
yup. Gilmore and Darby have been adequately replaced in my opinion. maybe even upgraded?

sukie
09-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Either way the Defense is well ahead of where I thought it would be.
I agree completely... it's the "lulling all of us in" undertone that I'm fighting off. Kinda like the last two slices of pizza.. Tastes good so "what the hell, I might as well finish it". Then BAM. Can't move off the couch, guilt and shame sink in and utter disbelief in what I just talked myself into. YET AGAIN.

I like the D play but I ain't falling for it just yet. I remind myself like a tantric chant... "Bills suck, They are not a playoff team, Give them time, Bills suck OOOOMMMMMM"

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Oh believe me, my expectations are still in check. I'm just happy that the team has been competitive in every game so far when 1-2 and even 0-3 was expected.

DesertFox24
09-25-2017, 02:29 PM
I will say this the Sammy trade is looking better every game EJ Gaines looks like this. Should he put three to four more good games in a row Beane better get on the phone with his agent and lock him up.

Corners are a lot harder to find in the NFL than WRs if White and Gaines can be two GOOD corners then we need to keep that tandem together.

On another note I like Leonard Johnson too, should we be able to get him for slightly more than vet minimum we should consider locking him up as well.

DesertFox24
09-25-2017, 02:31 PM

While I agree with your completely even if the defense lays an egg they have exceeded expectation to date. The secondary which was thought to be a major weakness has been solid to date and actually looks like it could develop into a very solid unit.

Skooby
09-25-2017, 03:10 PM
When the stats all land, we should have the #1 defense of close to it so I'm not sure if we could do a whole lot better than maintaining that status. #1 is hard to top.

YardRat
09-25-2017, 07:48 PM
Playoffs.

Night Train
09-25-2017, 08:33 PM
And this is why I have long term hope.

The D is good. ST's are good.

The O is a work in progress and another QB will be drafted next year.

jamze132
09-26-2017, 04:07 AM
Lol we’d be 3-0 if Jones catches the ball last weekend...

YardRat
09-26-2017, 06:06 AM
I'm still a little concerned about the secondary...the players are good tacklers and decent at playing the ball for pd's, and they've gotten a couple of big plays, but to me it still seems like there are too many instances of receivers being wide open. I like this crew a lot, though, can't ask for much more from a bunch of guys playing together for the first time.

Forward_Lateral
09-26-2017, 06:14 AM

I think it's probably for the best. If The Bills were 3-0 right now the media would be all over it and I think it's better to remain in the shadows.

Forward_Lateral
09-26-2017, 06:15 AM
I'm still a little concerned about the secondary...the players are good tacklers and decent at playing the ball for pd's, and they've gotten a couple of big plays, but to me it still seems like there are too many instances of receivers being wide open. I like this crew a lot, though, can't ask for much more from a bunch of guys playing together for the first time.
I agree, but mistakes will happen. No team is perfect. What I do like is how this unit seems to recover from those mistakes. They don't point at one another and blame each other. They forget it, learn from it and seemingly move on.

sukie
09-26-2017, 08:22 AM
You mean if Tyrod threw it better. (There I guaranteed this thread gets 18 more pages.)

Generalissimus Gibby
09-26-2017, 09:14 AM
Playoffs.

Not this year but oh man in 18 the beast is unleashed