Hughes offering blistering criticism of Jimbo, saying his actions divided the team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Hughes offering blistering criticism of Jimbo, saying his actions divided the team

Jerry Hughes offering blistering criticism of Jim Kelly, saying his actions Sunday divided the team. #Bills

-----------------

Seems to me that the drunk should have just shut up rather than fluffing Trump.

Jim Kelly was a crappy leader then and is even a worst human being now.
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: Hughes offering blistering criticism of Jimbo, saying his actions divided the tea

**** Hughes, let me know when this band of turds make a playoff game.

Comment

• jimmifli
      • Nov 2006

Re: Hughes offering blistering criticism of Jimbo, saying his actions divided the tea

I think it speaks to racial divide.

When Jim got in trouble he signed a few balls and the cops drove him home... what's to protest about that?

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
        I think it speaks to racial divide.

When Jim got in trouble he signed a few balls and the cops drove him home... what's to protest about that?
        Yeah because darius was kicked out of the league and never became the highest paid bill in history because he made bad decisions... the inequality

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

This is the supposed party of tolerance, folks. "I embrace all types of ideas as long as they align with my own. Any others will be shunned or, better yet, silenced." This is why, when they talk about wanting to have an "open dialogue on race;" you laugh in their face. They only want to give their side and not hear anyone else's.

Screw Jerry Hughes. Jim Kelly is a legend; you're a player on a horrible team who is most famous for getting stupid personal foul penalties.
          Last edited by Thurmal; 09-25-2017, 05:38 PM.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

#****YouJerryHughes

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Yeah, well, here we go...if Kelly really cared about this team and helping them re-establish themselves as a title contender he might have been better off toeing the new company line instead of making waves.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Thurmal
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Yeah, well, here we go...if Kelly really cared about this team and helping them re-establish themselves as a title contender he might have been better off toeing the new company line instead of making waves.
                He put his hand on his heart and took his hat off during the National Anthem -- like anyone who is not a complete turd ought to do. How is that not toeing the company line or making waves? These idiots technically have every right to take a knee or whatever, but that DOES NOT mean that everyone else should be forced to fall in with their BS.
                Last edited by Thurmal; 09-25-2017, 05:52 PM.
                "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

And here is where all of this could become a major problem for the NFL.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                    • Sep 2003

Good luck to owners wanting tax payer cash for stadiums!

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

I just watched the two minute clip on Twitter from Hughes and he put forth a pretty rational statement about how Kelly coming out publicly really wasn't helping the team and might be counterproductive. Wasn't disrespectful to Jimbo in the least bit in my eyes.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• jimmifli
                        • Nov 2006

“I was very disappointed in him,” Hughes said on Monday. “I was very disappointed in how he approached the whole situation. Our team came together and united as a front, as a whole organization on how exactly we were going to approach the national anthem. If Jim [Kelly] was going to do what he did, then he should have come to the team and let us know his feelings and let us know how he was doing the national anthem because we didn’t know he was going to be there, from a team perspective.”

“I’m really confused and really upset because if this is truly what he felt what was in his heart, he should have come to the team and he should have approached that instead of making that a public matter instead of doing that on his social page. It’s not cool, very unacceptable and if he has something to say about it, come talk to us.“That doesn’t sit well with me, I won’t speak for everyone in our locker room, but that doesn’t sit well with me at all. because we came together as a team and discussed what we were going to do for the national anthem. For him to walk on come on the sidelines and do what he did was completely unacceptable. If you feel a certain type of way, come to the team and address it.”

“ If he wants to provide any words of encouragement, please, by all means, do that. But by dividing us, dividing the team, that doesn’t work.”

[jwplayer t8BPIAlb] Prior to the Buffalo Bills’ Week 3 victory against the Denver Broncos, several players knelt during the singing of the national anthem in protest to President Donald Trump…

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

This is what I said in the other thread. Jim Kelly should not have gone to the press with his negative personal opinion about a Buffalo Bill. No law was broken.

Comment

• jimmifli
                            • Nov 2006

I agree with Jerry. It was a controversy that was thrust upon each team. The Bills players and management got together, worked out a plan that everyone was comfortable with.

Jim shows up on the sidelines, contradicts the team's decision to kneel, then criticizes them in the media - all without making any effort to share his opinion with the team prior slamming them in the media.

I understand why Hughes is upset. It's one thing for old players to act as ambassadors, but when they start throwing grenades it's time to get them off the sidelines.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                              I agree with Jerry. It was a controversy that was thrust upon each team. The Bills players and management got together, worked out a plan that everyone was comfortable with.

Jim shows up on the sidelines, contradicts the team's decision to kneel, then criticizes them in the media - all without making any effort to share his opinion with the team prior slamming them in the media.

I understand why Hughes is upset. It's one thing for old players to act as ambassadors, but when they start throwing grenades it's time to get them off the sidelines.
                              Thank you...media organizations oftentimes give misleading headlines as click bait. I know that I fell for this just now in reading the article and listening to Hughes' comments.

Hughes' comments weren't "blistering." Instead of airing a difference of opinion in person, Jim went through social media and the radio to voice his problems with players, Shady in particular. I'd be irked if someone in the same organization I worked in did that to me.
                              Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X