PDA

View Full Version : Nobody...

ublinkwescore
09-28-2017, 12:51 AM
is picking the Bills in Atlanta... at ALL, I have not seen a single so-called/self-described football expert pick the bills to win. This could be one of the biggest upsets of the regular season. We are also 8 point underdogs...

But we are still tanking, right guys? Please tell me we are still tanking... if we win, some one had BETTER get their @$$es to One Bills Drive and have a little discussion with Coach McDermott...

YardRat
09-28-2017, 05:48 AM
Going to be a good barometer game.

Mr. Magoo
09-28-2017, 06:25 AM
If the Bills pull this one off then everyone will be talking about them.

sukie
09-28-2017, 07:50 AM
I can't pick the Bills in this one. I'm not an expert but who really is? Away game against a really good team...

Novacane
09-28-2017, 08:00 AM
Should anyone be picking them?

OpIv37
09-28-2017, 10:21 AM
The Bills are better than expected but I haven't seen anything to suggest they are better than a team like Atlanta on the road. The smart money's on Atlanta and it doesn't take an expert to see why.

The Beef
09-28-2017, 11:00 AM
is picking the Bills in Atlanta... at ALL, I have not seen a single so-called/self-described football expert pick the bills to win. This could be one of the biggest upsets of the regular season. We are also 8 point underdogs...

But we are still tanking, right guys? Please tell me we are still tanking... if we win, some one had BETTER get their @$$es to One Bills Drive and have a little discussion with Coach McDermott...

I think anyone with common sense saw this wasn't a common tank job.

You don't keep McCoy, Tyrod and KW to tank.

McBeane new they weren't paying Sammy, they got a starter at CB and a 2nd round pick.

They moved Darby for a stsrting WR and a 3rd round pick.

McBeane didn't go all in this year but this will be the 3rd such move since McD is here, trading the 10th for what ended up as Tre White and an additional 1st, that has brought the team 2 potential starters for the price of one.

Granted Gaines and Matthews could both be gone next year, especially Matthews. I could see Gaines getting resigned if he keeps performing and they can get him for around 6.5M a year. The entire secondary would be locked up for another 3 years, Poyer would be an UFA in the 4th year.

justasportsfan
09-28-2017, 11:05 AM
Granted Gaines and Matthews could both be gone next year, especially Matthews. I could see Gaines getting resigned if he keeps performing and they can get him for around 6.5M a year. The entire secondary would be locked up for another 3 years, Poyer would be an UFA in the 4th year.

Extend their contracts by mid season or before season ends if they continue to play the way they are playing.............then make Watkins an offer if he stays healthy all year :snicker:

psubills62
09-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Well, we've scored 20+ points each in two home games and 3 points in our only away game. Obviously a small sample size, but I'm not picking them either. Atlanta is one of the best teams in the NFL. I certainly want to win, but don't expect to. I do sort of expect us to be competitive.

As much as Atlanta is a barometer, Cincinnati is the one I have my eye on. Another away game against what looks like a pretty bad team. I think they're getting Burfict back, but that's a game we need to be able to win if we want to actually surprise people this year.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Should anyone be picking them?

The Bills are one catch away from 3-0

Goobylal
09-28-2017, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't pick them. Doesn't mean I don't think they have a good chance to win, but I wouldn't put my rep on it.

jimmifli
09-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Undefeated.
Top O.
And top D.
Reigning 3/4 SuperBowl Champs.
At home.

Of course everyone is picking them.

YardRat
09-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Somebody needs to be a surprise team in the league every year...why not us right now?

Generalissimus Gibby
09-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Birds 45
bills 0

Bulkiness back to normal: Sunday evening

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2017, 05:35 PM
I'm more optimistic about our season than before, but keep in mind we only beat a crappy Jets team at home, and caught Denver underestimating us in a trap game, again at home.

If we somehow come close and be competitive even in a loss in this game, I'll start talking. Otherwise let's not get our hopes up too high just yet.

Goobylal
09-28-2017, 06:31 PM
I'm more optimistic about our season than before, but keep in mind we only beat a crappy Jets team at home, and caught Denver underestimating us in a trap game, again at home.

If we somehow come close and be competitive even in a loss in this game, I'll start talking. Otherwise let's not get our hopes up too high just yet.

There is zero evidence for this.

psubills62
09-28-2017, 07:54 PM
Actually, I heard Mark Schlereth make an interesting observation about Denver. He said that usually they play a lot of man coverage, and are obviously very good at it. However, in this game they wanted to make sure Taylor didn't beat them with his feet, so they played a lot more zone. As such, he said that Denver got beat on routes (drag, etc.) that they normally are able to stop. He believed Denver made a mistake switching their coverages for this game.

I can't speak to how true it is, but found it believable based on how the game went.

Chet
09-29-2017, 06:30 AM
I was all-in on tanking for Darnold, but I can't help but have a glimmer of hope (even if it's just for one week) and something to root for this Sunday.

Bills 30, Falcons 27

Goobylal
09-29-2017, 08:12 AM
I was all-in on tanking for Darnold, but I can't help but have a glimmer of hope (even if it's just for one week) and something to root for this Sunday.

Bills 30, Falcons 27

Darnold is overrated. He'll be a turnover machine in the NFL/outright bust not unlike most USC QB's.

BillyT92679
09-29-2017, 10:21 AM
If they can beat Cincy and the Bucs to be at least 4-2 you'll get Nantz and Romo here for Raiders at Bills on October 29 (only 4 CBS games that day and the biggest was supposed to be Chargers at Pats or Texans at Seahawks, neither fit the bill, Indy at Cincy is the other game)... that will be a big game.

BillyT92679
09-29-2017, 10:26 AM
If they can beat Cincy and the Bucs to be at least 4-2 you'll get Nantz and Romo here for Raiders at Bills on October 29 (only 4 CBS games that day and the biggest was supposed to be Chargers at Pats or Texans at Seahawks, neither fit the bill, Indy at Cincy is the other game)... that will be a big game.

Hell, if the Lions and Steelers stumble some more too, you could get Raiders at Bills flexed to Sunday Night Football.

Here is the sked that day

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=8