PDA

View Full Version : You are Sean McDermott...

ublinkwescore
09-28-2017, 07:07 AM
What are you saying, or stressing to your players this week as you get ready to head into a road matchup with what is likely the best team in the NYC?

If I'm him, I tell them I want to see them not missing their assignments, playing with significantly more energy and intensity than the falcons, and they really need to be in the zone Sunday...

DraftBoy
09-28-2017, 07:21 AM
We need to be sound and fundamental in our approach and technique. The Falcons are too talented to miss tackles or blow assignments.

Joe Fo Sho
09-28-2017, 07:26 AM
I'm telling our defense whatever it was I told them the 1st 3 weeks.

I'm telling our offense that if we don't take chances, we're not going to be able to keep up with the Falcons.

Mahdi
09-28-2017, 08:51 AM
Stop the run and limit the big plays. Our offense can score 24 points.

CoolBreeze
09-28-2017, 09:10 AM
Dirty bird can't fly with broken wings.... And in this case the wings are Matt Ryan's knees.

justasportsfan
09-28-2017, 09:13 AM
Defensively,Get to the qb often.
Offensively, ball control. Run the ball well and keep the falcons' offense off the field.

Julio and co. can't catch balls that aren't being thrown .

Forward_Lateral
09-28-2017, 11:11 AM
Play the exact same way you did vs Denver in the 2nd half, and you'll have a chance to win.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-28-2017, 11:40 AM
discipline. discipline. discipline. atlanta is not a team you can make idiotic personal foul penalties, false starts, delay of games etc.

honestly, i tell them to not believe the up and down media and the inevitable overreaction and hype should they keep the game close or even win.

Skooby
09-28-2017, 12:24 PM
I actually like the matchups between the teams. Julio Jones' back is hurt. I'm seeing major pain being inflicted by our secondary so I'd plan on seeing one or two catches from him, then he will quietly disappear. Also our D-line will force Matty to move out of the pocket, he's not going to get his usual few step drop and wait.

The media is acting like we are some victims, ATL is 2 plays from 1-2 & the Bills are one rookie catch from 3-0. If this was in Buffalo, we'd probably be near even money betting so don't buy the hype.

Mouldsie
09-28-2017, 12:42 PM
I tell the offense that this D is gonna come and punch them in the mouth and they have a chance to show that they can hit back. I tell Tyrod to play like he did vs Seattle last year (similar scheme)

Defense... stay the course. Tackle.

YardRat
09-28-2017, 04:35 PM
"Who wants to go to Buster and Dave's??"

justasportsfan
09-28-2017, 04:47 PM
Trust the process

Scumbag College
09-28-2017, 05:49 PM
On offense it's ball control. The Falcons have a small DL and might be without Beasley and Upshaw causing depth concerns. Keep pounding it and wear their asses out. If they stack the box Tyrod showed last week that he can be effective rolling out and on bootlegs.

On defense it will be pressure and controlling the line of scrimmage. Their RT Schraeder is in concussion protocol and their RG isn't the best. If the RT can't go send some exotic blitzes and stunts on the right to cause some problems there on passing downs.

Mouldsie
09-28-2017, 05:52 PM
I tell Dennison to throw away his playbook and bring back the Roman/Lynn playbook.

Night Train
09-28-2017, 06:00 PM
I'd tell him it's too late for Rogaine.

Also, Atlanta likes to sleep in the 2nd half..

YardRat
09-28-2017, 06:55 PM
The Falcons defense is pretty fast.

Homegrown
09-28-2017, 07:01 PM
Let's win one for the Gipper fellas

Turf
09-28-2017, 07:02 PM
What hes' been saying all along, earn the win off the field, then you earn it on the field. I would then tell Dennison to let Tyrod throw the ball

jwenger
09-29-2017, 01:02 PM
I am going to HR services and getting the best wig I can afford.

Wally The Barber
09-29-2017, 01:16 PM
There will be no paychecks unless you win, maybe a few players will believe this

Bill Cody
09-29-2017, 03:13 PM
I'd say "don't give up. If we're down 25 pts in the 3rd we can still.....oh never mind....start fast boys"

imbondz
09-30-2017, 04:36 AM
Dirty bird can't fly with broken wings.... And in this case the wings are Matt Ryan's knees.

lol

Mace
09-30-2017, 06:22 PM
If I'm McDermott, first thing I do is buy a bowler hat like Steed wore in the old Avengers TV show, because McDermott would look cool in a bowler hat.

Wearing my bowler hat, I'd smear my face, teeth and hands with fake blood, let it dry a little and put on some ripped and ragged clothes, except for the hat. When it was time to address the team, I run screaming from my office and slam dunk a few pounds of raw liver on the floor. Screaming profanities and grinning like a maniac, eyes wide and deranged, I'd yell that I took that liver out of a full grown bear last night with nothing but hands and teeth, curling my hands like claws and showing my blood stained teeth, grin becoming bigger. Then I'd scream insanely that if they don't beat the Falcons I'll do one of them at random like the bear every day until the next game. Then I'd suddenly get very calm, look at my hands and the splattered liver with distaste, ask quietly if someone could PLEASE clean up this terrible mess before Mrs Peel sees it, adjusting my hat.

I had a great success with this motivational strategy in my previous career at project/staff meetings and evaluations. Used a top hat though. No one ever pointed out we weren't playing the Falcons and there wasn't a next game. Always had the break room to myself when I went on lunch too, and no one ever used my coffee cup.

Might not make the Bills beat the Falcons, but you may as well get some personal amusement out of it.

YardRat
09-30-2017, 07:48 PM
Gregg Williams already did that in 2001. They almost pulled it off, but a loss is still a loss.

Mace
09-30-2017, 09:22 PM
Gregg Williams already did that in 2001. They almost pulled it off, but a loss is still a loss.

Everyone knows Williams wore a bicorn admiral's hat, Locksley, it's apples and oranges.

YardRat
10-01-2017, 06:52 AM
Semantics.

ublinkwescore
10-01-2017, 07:59 AM
I can't believe no one said "Respect the process"...

Mace
10-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Semantics.

McDermott clearly took my advice after I ran into him at Dollar General.

YardRat
10-01-2017, 08:12 PM
The only person I've ever run into in a Dollar General was some whack-job in a bicorn admiral hat that tried to give me 5 bucks to hit the cashier with my 99-cent 2-pack Slim Jim special.

Mace
10-01-2017, 09:44 PM
The only person I've ever run into in a Dollar General was some whack-job in a bicorn admiral hat that tried to give me 5 bucks to hit the cashier with my 99-cent 2-pack Slim Jim special.

It was good to finally meet you.

Couldn't believe anyone could only buy one 99 cent 2 pack Slim Jim special. You stood out like a sore thumb while everyone in the area is used to my present hat.

It's honestly lucrative grabbing handfuls of merchandise and running out while someone assaults the cashier with not harmful products and takes the misdemeanor after I pay off the store manager, cashier and mark, er...partner. When everyone tells the police some guy in a bicorn hat ran out with a lot of stuff, they never take it seriously, though I once had an officer tell me he suspected people were out to get me because my hat keeps being mentioned in local crimes.

Live a little, get three of those 2 packs and enjoy life on the edge, make a little money doing it. If your record is clean they'll throw it out, if your record isn't, talk to me, I can work with you within my margins, if you're sincere, you can get the cashier blamed.

Business enterprise in this country has become so difficult because of self centered marks, er, partners.