PDA

View Full Version : BILLSZONE

alohabillsfan
09-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Remember when this was a good football forum... WTH happened. There used to be a lot of knowledgeable posters in here that have seemed to have disappeared... now it's polluted with childish posters that cover more political crap than football. Can the MODS move the BS threads to other forums and leave this to legitimate football posts?

Mahdi
09-28-2017, 12:56 PM
Whether its political or football the problem is the posters who make things personal and attack posters they don't agree with.

Debates about football that remain civil are rare which is why its not the same anymore. Not that this issue didn't exist before but its much more prevalent now.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2017, 01:05 PM
This site is a shell of its former self and a lot of it has to do with the ****posting that runs rampant on every subforum.

SpikedLemonade
09-28-2017, 01:06 PM
I hear that The Buffalo Range is now operational again.

Perhaps you should try that for a while.

They like whiners there.

alohabillsfan
09-28-2017, 01:09 PM

They like whiners there.

Wow, Another childish poster! Thanks for the headsup...

SpikedLemonade
09-28-2017, 01:11 PM
Wow, Another childish poster! Thanks for the headsup...

I just received a SPAM e-mail from them.

They are up again.

alohabillsfan
09-28-2017, 01:16 PM
SpikedLemonade
********* Message You do not have access to this thread.
This message is hidden because SpikedLemonade is on your ignore list.
View Post

PS Thanks for the Buffalo rumblings, great site.

Mr. Magoo
09-28-2017, 01:23 PM
People can't take others opinions and in turn they get really personnel.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2017, 01:41 PM
I am right here :bravo:

Joe Fo Sho
09-28-2017, 01:42 PM
If you're going to argue about something on a football forum, it should be about something important and related to the game football. Like how important it would be to keep TJ Yates on the team during the preseason.

streetkings01
09-28-2017, 01:47 PM
I have to agree........this site has went downhill......fast.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2017, 01:50 PM
When you point to the mirror 3 finger point back at you

alohabillsfan
09-28-2017, 01:52 PM
I have to agree........this site has went downhill......fast.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/

Mr. Magoo
09-28-2017, 01:54 PM
When you point to the mirror 3 finger point back at you

Wally you get a pass because your old =P

Ginger Vitis
09-28-2017, 01:58 PM
ironic that Spiked is recommending a Bills fan site that has banned him

justasportsfan
09-28-2017, 01:59 PM
I agree. Some of the original posters have left and have gone to social media to discuss bills football.

Politics brings out the worse in people regardless of affiliation or side. It's affected families as well due to differing political views so I am not surprised it made it's way to sports.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2017, 02:01 PM
I think that 17 years of failure by the Bills have frustrated us all to some extent. If the Bills had done a little better, we would all probably be happier and more civil.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Wally you get a pass because your old =P
I'll dance on your grave :smashfrea

BillsOwnAll
09-28-2017, 03:26 PM
Aloha I've said the same thing and just get blasted and told to leave, I remember when the twilight zone was for all the garbage and the NO TOS was a fun place for the nonsense. The board fell apart and likely will never be the same. People just post here
Blasting the bills and if you post anything good about them you get told they suck and are tanking, yes they have sucked but get over it doesn't mean it's gonna last forever. Most are clueless here now it's sad.

YardRat
09-28-2017, 04:10 PM
Ignore the posters and posts that you think are dragging the conversation down and focus on those that can actually behave like adults and participate in a decent conversation. It certainly appears that some of the 'old' 'better' posters have been replaced by a few ****tards but don't let them ruin your experience.

GreedoII
09-28-2017, 05:00 PM
Remember when this was a good football forum... WTH happened. There used to be a lot of knowledgeable posters in here that have seemed to have disappeared... now it's polluted with childish posters that cover more political crap than football. Can the MODS move the BS threads to other forums and leave this to legitimate football posts?EBF164

ohh shut the hell up and just make a thread to your liking you whiny biiitch

SpikedLemonade
09-28-2017, 05:12 PM
ironic that Spiked is recommending a Bills fan site that has banned him

I am not banned from The Buffalo Range.

I just have no interest in wasting my time there.

Mace
09-28-2017, 10:10 PM
I'm not real bothered. I say what I mean to in a thread, and if I firmly believe it I don't pay any more attention to it after I give my final thought. I don't hold a grudge or get aggravated by contrary posters who disagree strongly, because I know I'll agree and thank them on one thing or another, regardless. I then proceed to participate in or just read other threads where I have something to say, learn about or just find interesting if I have nothing to say elsewhere.

You're not tied to a thread forever and ever, there are other ones you can move on to. You're not here to aggravate yourself I don't think, so avoid it by skipping the material that vexes you, and if there isn't enough content, go out and find some to share to amuse yourself and get opinions you can deal with more comfortably.

I'm not at all aggravated by this site. I even like the people I don't agree with. I don't think it's gone downhill, at least in my time here. The world just became more complex and people feel more passionate in saying what they believe. It's my favorite bar where I can get arguments, debates, laughs, comfort, intellectual analysis, thoughts and opinions, pro or con, knowing I've communicated with real people in an intangible place that still feels like an internet home.

I'm good with the 'zone how it is and who hangs out here, whether or not they say what I want to hear.

jamze132
09-29-2017, 03:16 AM
This site definitely has a different feel now than it did 10 years, even 5 years ago. I don’t post nearly as often as I used to because their isn’t enough quality football discussion going on like their used to. It seems that there’s just much more personal attacks and other BS posts clogging everything up.

Things like this go through waves so I’m sure it will get better again...eventually.

kishoph
09-29-2017, 05:16 AM
This site is a shell of its former self and a lot of it has to do with the ****posting that runs rampant on every subforum.

Unfortunately it's not just this site.

Wally The Barber
09-29-2017, 05:32 AM
Look guys, everything is chat rooms and twitter. Message boards are a dinosaur

just like me....

sdbillsfan2
09-29-2017, 05:33 AM
I have to agree..this isn't the same forum. For me it has nothing to do with 17 yrs of no playoffs. It seems that the most knowledgeable posters rarely post anymore and the class clowns try to out do each other.
Its become an open forum for insults and an avenue for others to post every trivial thing that crosses their mind.
So I keep my money in my pocket and search elsewhere for reasonable opinion.
The mitches and the Wallys on here can have the forum to themselves. All good things must come to an end.

The Beef
09-29-2017, 06:32 AM
I am not banned from The Buffalo Range.

I just have no interest in wasting my time there.

Eh it's not too bad now that the season has started, pissing contests have been limited.

A for sure lack of BonerJamz however

Forward_Lateral
09-29-2017, 06:41 AM
20 years of losing will do that to fans

The King
09-29-2017, 07:13 AM
You have a voice as well. Perfect example would be this thread, is it adding to anything. Is it making the site better, or does it feel good to just say we suck out loud?

psubills62
09-29-2017, 08:34 AM
Honestly, if the Bills were better, I'd probably be on here more. Though the NFL in general just isn't as much fun for me to watch anymore the last ~5 years.

Also, I think that incident that happened a few years ago affected things. Would be easy during that time for some of the better posters to find a new home and not look back.

alohabillsfan
09-29-2017, 08:35 AM
You have a voice as well. Perfect example would be this thread, is it adding to anything. Is it making the site better, or does it feel good to just say we suck out loud?

Maybe just letting admins know what the little people think can help restore this site that was really good football talk.

The King
09-29-2017, 09:23 AM
Maybe just letting admins know what the little people think can help restore this site that was really good football talk.
I appreciate the sentiment. But it's the posters that ultimately make the site.
We can't drag good conversation out of people.

I barely have the time to create the cartoons, I wish I could data dive and pull up all sorts of interesting facts but we do what we can.

Wally The Barber
09-29-2017, 10:08 AM
I have to agree..this isn't the same forum. For me it has nothing to do with 17 yrs of no playoffs. It seems that the most knowledgeable posters rarely post anymore and the class clowns try to out do each other.
Its become an open forum for insults and an avenue for others to post every trivial thing that crosses their mind.
So I keep my money in my pocket and search elsewhere for reasonable opinion.
The mitches and the Wallys on here can have the forum to themselves. All good things must come to an end.

You are an idiot

only kidding

BillsOwnAll
09-29-2017, 10:52 AM
I miss the jjameZ videos after a win

SpikedLemonade
09-29-2017, 11:12 AM
You are an idiot

only kidding

Hey Wally, did you see the Beaver?

Wally The Barber
09-29-2017, 03:51 PM
Hey Wally, did you see the Beaver?

yesterday 4am

SpikedLemonade
09-29-2017, 05:48 PM
yesterday 4am

Split, Shaven or Angry?

sudzy
09-29-2017, 06:29 PM

They like whiners there.

Yeah, but, only when the Bills lose. The site has experienced mysterious technical difficulties after both Bills wins. We wouldn't want anything positive about the Bills to be posted.

Wally The Barber
09-29-2017, 06:38 PM
Split, Shaven or Angry?

very angry

Homegrown
09-29-2017, 06:43 PM
The mitches and the Wallys on here can have the forum to themselves.

Skoob & the barber are the only reason I pay my BZ dues on time ....

Turf
09-29-2017, 07:10 PM
I appreciate the sentiment. But it's the posters that ultimately make the site.
We can't drag good conversation out of people.

I barely have the time to create the cartoons, I wish I could data dive and pull up all sorts of interesting facts but we do what we can.

I disagree. The lack of mods to have the balls to correct and stop some of the childish bull**** on here is the biggest issue. If you just stop it, it will stop. Your fear of losing a few long term idiots keeps the people that really want to talk football at a distance.

BLUTO
09-29-2017, 07:32 PM
I think it's a great site. A lot of information & opinions expressed. There is very little control over any social media message board. Facebook has become a prime example! I enjoy what we have! GO BILLS!

SpikedLemonade
09-29-2017, 11:50 PM
I think it's a great site. A lot of information & opinions expressed. There is very little control over any social media message board. Facebook has become a prime example! I enjoy what we have! GO BILLS!

Agreed.

YardRat
09-30-2017, 01:44 AM
I disagree. The lack of mods to have the balls to correct and stop some of the childish bull**** on here is the biggest issue. If you just stop it, it will stop. Your fear of losing a few long term idiots keeps the people that really want to talk football at a distance.

What does 'balls' have to do with anything, it's not like there are 'real' repercussions that have to be considered.

I can only speak for myself, but personally I try to stay as far away from any kind of censorship as possible. I can't ban anybody, but wouldn't even if I could and that is supported by my actions on two previous sites where I did have access to the button. Don't like editing other's posts, either. I'm not a censor...or a copy editor...or a baby-sitter. I expect people to act like adults on their own accord, and for those who obviously struggle with it around here that's their cross to bear not my expectation to enforce.

If somebody wants the rest of the Zone community to see what a huge ******* they are, that's their call.

swiper
09-30-2017, 06:03 AM

They like whiners there.

That site makes this seem sterile and polite.

SpikedLemonade
09-30-2017, 11:13 AM
<dd class="hdr-info" id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1506757338983_148826" style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(119, 119, 119);">

site@buffalorange.com

Today at 12:25 PM

</dd><dl class="details" role="presentation" id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1506757338983_148831" style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; display: table; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; width: 856px;"><dt aria-hidden="true" class="hdr-info" id="hdr-to" style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 5px 0px 0px; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; line-height: 21px; width: 1px; white-space: nowrap;">To</dt><dd role="presentation" class="hdr-info" id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1506757338983_148830" style="text-align: center; -webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 4px; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); display: table-cell; vertical-align: top;">
</dd><dd class="hide-dd" style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 9px 4px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: bottom; text-align: right;"></dd></dl>

Message bodyBuffalo Range upgrades are done and the red screen is now gone. You should notice a safer, faster and more productive forum now! Thank you to the owner!

Your username is SpikedLemonade

www.BuffaloRange.com

justasportsfan
09-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Any site that lets Spikelemonade post more than once a day is screwed up.

Wait for video and Kim Pegula reply......

SpikedLemonade
10-01-2017, 03:57 AM

BLOW ME

You are not worthy of me wasting more time on a response.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-01-2017, 05:59 AM

The videos I could do without. The Kim pegula Doug Whaley responses were ****ing hilarious.

BillsOwnAll
10-01-2017, 06:20 AM

I agree, the amount of personal attacks and childish remarks in the Bills forum keeps me away. If they got a 2-3 day ban for being tools they would stop or leave, but I feel like it's people who post 1000 times a day so they feel like they can't lose them, but sometimes it's quality not quantity. It also has nothing to do with the bills being bad for so long, it's just the social media era and that's how people act on the internet now. It's a shame. I'd imagine there's no more billszone tailgates at the game either.

No one uses the other forums on this site anymore and that's a big problem.