PDA

View Full Version : Fair trade?

YardRat
10-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Lack of/inconsistent production for protecting the ball/limiting turnovers.

Do you think that is an acceptable trade-off?

ublinkwescore
10-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Are you intoxicated?

Novacane
10-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Nope. He's not good enough.

swiper
10-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Huh?

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-01-2017, 07:29 PM
i think he's asking if it's better to have a crappy inconsistent offense that protects the ball as opposed to a consistent productive offense that'll turn the ball over more often. I say what we have now is much better.

Novacane
10-01-2017, 07:45 PM
TT is good enough for now. Long term I want a QB that can lead us back from 14 points behind in the 4th Q. TT will never be that guy.

DraftBoy
10-01-2017, 07:47 PM
You want a QB who is consistently careful with the ball but has enough faith in his outside playmakers to know when he just needs to throw up the 50/50 ball and let the playmaker go get it. Taylor is the first half, but he has shown the willingness to consistent throw those 50/50 balls when his team needs them.

Mace
10-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Anything is acceptable if you can make it work. It's working. I'm good with it. I'll be delighted with it if it works against the Pats.

It's surreal to see them actually making a philosophy work within a process. Kind of makes me optimistic going forward about what happens as they draft what/who they want. To me this is a great example of getting the best results out of what you have.

Cali512
10-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Tyrod is playing like, and better than Alex smith in previous years. Hes slowly creeping up to the daks, Wilson, and Alex smith tier

jimmifli
10-01-2017, 08:01 PM
It's perfect for a team that gives up 13.5 pts /game and doesn't have one of the top 5 or 6 QBs.

He keeps showing he can make big plays if you sell out against the run, or waste a LB spying him. Teams have to pick their poison, I understand why they pick Tyrod, but he's making them pay.

sahlensguy
10-01-2017, 09:22 PM
3-1.

BertSquirtgum
10-01-2017, 10:26 PM

I'd take a few interception here and there for Tyrod to be slangin the ball all over the field. In turn, getting 300+ yards every game. These close games are bad for my heart.

BertSquirtgum
10-01-2017, 10:28 PM
The Bills better still be watching all the quarterbacks playing in college this year. If the Bills could draft Saquan Barkley with their first first round pick and a still get a quarterback with their second first round pick. I would be happy with that.

kishoph
10-02-2017, 03:42 AM

Don't know, the turnovers can come quickly with a few bad bounces.

Buddo
10-02-2017, 04:21 AM
If you're talking about a QB like Fitz, then the current approach works better. If you are talking about a QB like Brees, not so much.

Taylor made a couple of terrific throws for the TD to Mathews, and the TD pass itself, came as a result of obviously working through his progressions.

While it wasn't so obvious yesterday, Taylor has also shown a far greater sense of when to just get rid of the football, rather than risk a sack.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2017, 05:11 AM
I don't know what I want anymore. Gailey's offense was fun to watch the season that Fitz threw for a bunch of yards, TDs and INTs. But do I really care about fun to watch anymore? I'm at the point where the only thing fun is winning, to be honest. I've seen enough of the other crap to last me a lifetime.

Buddo
10-02-2017, 05:44 AM
Substance over style. It isn't easy winning games in the NFL, so the focus should be on 'win first', and if you have a method that does that consistently, then you stick to it.

jimmifli
10-02-2017, 11:26 AM
A lot of people talking themselves into Tyrod in this thread...

Mouldsie
10-02-2017, 11:31 AM
I will take an offense that is Top 10 in points per drive if I can get it.

Oaf
10-02-2017, 03:12 PM
but has enough faith in his outside playmakers to know when he just needs to throw up the 50/50 ball and let the playmaker go get it.

You realize who's playing WR for us right now, right? Several balls yesterday that were catchable by playmakers had we one. Looks like Donald Jones and Naaman Roosevelt out there.

Night Train
10-02-2017, 05:04 PM
3-1 and 1st place speaks for itself.

The incessant crying here for 9 months shows how much we actually knew about McDermott, the front office and this team.

Talking about past failures as if it were the present was beyond ******ed.

Cali512
10-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Also I do have to say I was right about Rex getting into Tyrods head. It definitely seems now like Rex wanted him to be a one read and take off QB, who avoids risky throws. He's consistently playing like he did last year vs Seattle and Miami

Joe Fo Sho
10-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Also I do have to say I was right about Rex getting into Tyrods head. It definitely seems now like Rex wanted him to be a one read and take off QB, who avoids risky throws. He's consistently playing like he did last year vs Seattle and Miami

Tyrod has not had a single game this year that he played as well as he did against Miami last year, or even the Seahawks. To say that he's been playing like that 'consistently' is pretty ridiculous, especially considering how garbage he was against the Panthers.

ublinkwescore
10-03-2017, 01:27 PM
3-1 and 1st place speaks for itself.

The incessant crying here for 9 months shows how much we actually knew about McDermott, the front office and this team.

Talking about past failures as if it were the present was beyond ******ed.

McDermott has always had the benefit of the doubt from me. I just felt we really didn't have the talent with the current roster even before the trades. I don't miss Sammy, and I'm not sure he would have made much difference.

TigerJ
10-03-2017, 03:06 PM
A lot of people talking themselves into Tyrod in this thread...I'm OK with Tyrod right now. I would like to see Peterman get some meaningful reps in the last half of the season and I still want the Bills to consider drafting a QB high in the draft.

baalworship
10-03-2017, 03:10 PM
I think turnovers need to be taken in context. You are at your own 15 and throw a pick there? Terrible. You are at the 45 yard line, 3rd and 15 and throw a deep pass that gets picked off at the 25 yard line? Same result as a punt. I don't think enough NFL coaches calculate the fact that punting is a turnover.