X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Tyrod

2nd week in a row he impressed me. Did he miss some throws? Yes, but that will happen. Every time they ran play action I was thinking, oh boy here comes another big play. Seemed almost perfect on those type of plays. The throws to Clay were great. Made a few nice runs as well. It would be nice to see him try to get the Wrs more involved, but heck, Clay might as well be a WR out there.

I give Dennison a lot of credit. He's starting to realize what type of plays fit best with Taylor at QB. Boy I never thought I'd be looking at a 3-1 Bills team, especially after facing 3 playoff caliber teams in the first 4 weeks.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Tyrod

I can put up with a 12-20, 182, 1TD no turnover and a few errant passes as long as it leads to a W.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buddo
      • Mar 2007

I can see a few small improvements in Taylor's game, that have me cautiously optimistic for when things get even tougher.

He's obviously going through progressions - the TD to Mathews a case in point.

He's also a lot quicker to look to get rid of the football, rather than take a sack. Keep what yards you have, rather than risk losing more and getting into harder downs and distances. This has been more obvious in other games.

He's actually throwing 'some' timing routes.

None of the above are especially notable, or not to be expected, but the more of them he does, the more efficient our offense will be. The one 'big' sack he took yesterday, I don't think he had a hope in hell of getting rid of the football, as he had them coming at him from all sides.

Oh, and they actually get the plays in, in a timely fashion.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Well it's nice that they have invited Clay to play, considering what they paid for him.

I also like that teams have to give up a linebacker, if they want to spy him.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Historian View Post
          Well it's nice that they have invited Clay to play, considering what they paid for him.

I also like that teams have to give up a linebacker, if they want to spy him.
          Yep, you basically make it 10 defenders instead of 11.

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

tyrod has played decent at times the last couple games.

we still need a major upgrade

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

We still need a franchise QB. Once people have enough tape on Denisson and TT in this system, it will get tougher.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                We still need a franchise QB. Once people have enough tape on Denisson and TT in this system, it will get tougher.
                Then we sprinkle some Ryan era plays that also worked...
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  I can put up with a 12-20, 182, 1TD no turnover and a few errant passes as long as it leads to a W.
                  I'd be willing to bet that we win more games when Tyrod throws for under 200 yards than we win when he throws for over 200 yards. If we don't rely on him to win, we've been able to beat teams. The problem is going to come when our defense has an off game and we need Tyrod to put up points, like maybe against NE or the Chiefs. Historically that has been our downfall.

I can't complain about him right now because we're winning games that I didn't think we'd have any business winning, but there are still times during games that he frustrates the crap out of me. Why must he be so cautious when throwing down the sideline? He constantly put the ball out of bounds. Just give your receivers a chance, man.

A lot of people were complaining after the Panthers game that Tyrod wasn't the right fit for Dennison's offense, but maybe that's not the case. Maybe he's good fit.

Comment

• ticatfan
                    The Meathead of Muslims!
                    • Jul 2002

3-1 and lets get rid of the QB. The team seems to believe in him and what is going on. But it is buffalo and we cant allow all this winning.
                    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                    Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                      • Apr 2005

Can't complain when your winning but...I couldn't help but imagine what this team will look like with a genuine passing threat at qb. The future is looking brighter !

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

TT will NEVER take any team to the Promised Land.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

That pass he made to Clay with 6:40 left in the 4th qtr. was one of his best throws ever. Clay wasn't open and it was between 2 defenders. I love how he is finally taking chances and trying to win games rather than simply playing not to lose.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ticatfan
                            The Meathead of Muslims!
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2 View Post
                            Can't complain when your winning but...I couldn't help but imagine what this team will look like with a genuine passing threat at qb. The future is looking brighter !
                            Who? Keap? RG111? Manziel? Who is out there?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                            TT will NEVER take any team to the Promised Land.
                            But he and his team might.
                            Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                            Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• dog14787
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              2nd week in a row he impressed me. Did he miss some throws? Yes, but that will happen. Every time they ran play action I was thinking, oh boy here comes another big play. Seemed almost perfect on those type of plays. The throws to Clay were great. Made a few nice runs as well. It would be nice to see him try to get the Wrs more involved, but heck, Clay might as well be a WR out there.

I give Dennison a lot of credit. He's starting to realize what type of plays fit best with Taylor at QB. Boy I never thought I'd be looking at a 3-1 Bills team, especially after facing 3 playoff caliber teams in the first 4 weeks.
                              The game managing skills of Taylor and McD's Defense appear to be a recipe for success against playoff caliber football teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X