X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

The Bills certainly were lucky in Atlanta

I won't say the win was all smoke and mirrors, but they certainly got a lot of luck went their way in that game.

Both Julio Jones and Sanu out in games are big set back for them. Out during games is usually far worse then declared out because of preparation and reps. The Bills got a bit of that themselves after Mattews out - really no one for the slot.

Then the fumble returned for TD. I doubt anyone of us thought it was a fumble at the time. I was just happen that they were going to punt to be honest.

The 2nd Hyde INT.

Even the last play where White clearly hold the jersey some but was not called.

A win is a win. Just not sure the team is that good. I do like McDermott's process --- no one really explained what it is but I took it as simply everyone (one of eleven) doing his job. Some times others beat you at your job, which is still far better than under Rex where people didn't even know their jobs from play to play. That part --- some more talented guy will beat you when you are doing your job may come into play later this season, particularly when injuries mounts.
  • Gibby
    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    • Jun 2006

Re: The Bills certainly were lucky in Atlanta

Did you know that in the comeback that Beebe stepped out of bounds before receiving the td? What else can we find to ***** about?

Comment

• streetkings01
      • Jul 2006

Who cares......we won period. Our defense held them to 3 points thru 1.5 quarters while they both were on the field. The defense was holding its own against them and it would've continued. We beat Atlanta...........let the Pats, Dolphins and Jets worry about them now.
      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • May 2024

I agree we were lucky.

We deserve some luck.

Comment

• Pennywise
          • Mar 2005

Did you know the Bills got ripped off WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY worse in New England in 1998 and the next year in the playoffs at Nashville?

Enjoy the freaking win.

Comment

• Homegrown
            Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
            • Jul 2008

You've good to be good, to be lucky

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
              I won't say the win was all smoke and mirrors, but they certainly got a lot of luck went their way in that game.

Both Julio Jones and Sanu out in games are big set back for them. Out during games is usually far worse then declared out because of preparation and reps. The Bills got a bit of that themselves after Mattews out - really no one for the slot.

Then the fumble returned for TD. I doubt anyone of us thought it was a fumble at the time. I was just happen that they were going to punt to be honest.

The 2nd Hyde INT.

Even the last play where White clearly hold the jersey some but was not called.

A win is a win. Just not sure the team is that good. I do like McDermott's process --- no one really explained what it is but I took it as simply everyone (one of eleven) doing his job. Some times others beat you at your job, which is still far better than under Rex where people didn't even know their jobs from play to play. That part --- some more talented guy will beat you when you are doing your job may come into play later this season, particularly when injuries mounts.
              The fumble return for a TD I still think was a horrible call.

But the Hyde INT was legit. The ball is allowed to touch the ground if the player has control of it, which Hyde did. The ball didn't move because of the ground. He had a firm grasp of it. That was the right call.

Slightly grabbing the jersey on that 4 th-and-one at the end would have been a MAJOR ticky-tack call. It shouldn't have been made IMO. I'd say the same thing if the teams were reversed. The receiver's progress was not impeded whatsoever.

The injury to Jones helped us, no doubt.

But the Bills played well enough to win this game regarless, and they did.

Comment

• Topas
                German smartass
                • Feb 2014

I learned now about the open hand rule and I think it was the right call. At least if it called that way on the field there is no way that there is conclusive evidence that he still had grip on the ball. I think that was the correct call. Same as the tuck rule. Right call, stupid rule.
                I take it.

Comment

• Topas
                  German smartass
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                  ... Some times others beat you at your job, which is still far better than under Rex where people didn't even know their jobs from play to play.
                  hahaha, so true. In retrospect (especially with now having seemingly a competent Head coach), we can laugh about it now.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                    My IQ Test results came back negative
                    • Oct 2002

As they say

"Luck is created when preparation meets opportunity"

Every goood team "gets lucky" here and there. IE the pats

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

If the Bills lost this game the effort was still impressive. The Bills are working their asses off. There's no question this team is not as talented as Atlanta but those guys are grinding. Getting rid of our Prima Donnas has really shown some character. It's really exciting to think about what this team is going to look like with all those draft picks too. We're not going to win the next 12 games but if we keep playing like this it's going to be hard to be disappointed in this team.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                        • Mar 2004

Luck or not, wins are hard to come by in the NFL especially on the road against a quality teams. I'll take it.
                        Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

"Luck, is when preparation meets opportunity." -Marv Levy

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

How many games have we lost on close/bad calls? We still have a lot of evening out to do!

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                              My IQ Test results came back negative
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                              "Luck, is when preparation meets opportunity." -Marv Levy
                              The be fair a Roman philosopher was credited with the creation of this proverb, also, I said it 4 posts up :0

Comment

Working...
                              X