PDA

View Full Version : LB Ramon Humber also needs thumb surgery, out indefinitely

Ed
10-02-2017, 01:34 PM
I just saw that Humber broke this thumb too and will have surgery just like Matthews. Coming into the season I felt like Humber was the weakest link on the D, but I feel like he's played OK and even looked better than Preston Brown at times. It looks like rookie Matt Milano will take over at WLB for Humber. I thought Milano was an intriguing prospect, but I don't know if he's up to the task right now of being a starter on a D that's been pretty good so far. I don't know what the issue with Jelani Jenkins was, but maybe they bring him back? LB depth is a big concern now.

kingJofNYC
10-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Depth was always an issue with this team, but we were real thin at WR/LB, didn't have much room for injuries. **** happens.

Hopefully someone steps up.

justasportsfan
10-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Humber was one of the top tacklers in the league prior to last Sunday

Oaf
10-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Milano looked lost out there a few times. Here's to good coaching.

jamze132
10-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Now we can tank...

The last buffalo fan
10-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Now we can tank...

:spit: :gobills:

kingJofNYC
10-02-2017, 04:22 PM
What's Hodges up to?

Night Train
10-02-2017, 05:10 PM
At camp for several sessions, I posted I really liked Milano. He was always around the ball and just needed to learn the scheme. He has talent.

swiper
10-02-2017, 05:17 PM
I just saw that Humber broke this thumb too and will have surgery just like Matthews. Coming into the season I felt like Humber was the weakest link on the D, but I feel like he's played OK and even looked better than Preston Brown at times. It looks like rookie Matt Milano will take over at WLB for Humber. I thought Milano was an intriguing prospect, but I don't know if he's up to the task right now of being a starter on a D that's been pretty good so far. I don't know what the issue with Jelani Jenkins was, but maybe they bring him back? LB depth is a big concern now.

Humber is #5 in tackles in the entire NFL right now and you just thought he played "ok?" LOL.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics

I'd call that massively over-achieving awesome play.

swiper
10-02-2017, 05:22 PM
At camp for several sessions, I posted I really liked Milano. He was always around the ball and just needed to learn the scheme. He has talent.

The 2 LBers the Bills drafted this year seemed to be on the light side to me. Like Coy Wire light.

Oaf
10-02-2017, 05:31 PM
The 2 LBers the Bills drafted this year seemed to be on the light side to me. Like Coy Wire light.
Keith Ellison on a diet light.

PromoTheRobot
10-02-2017, 05:35 PM

Humber is the Bills top tackler. I guess that earns an "okay."

Mace
10-02-2017, 05:38 PM
It aggravates me that this franchise has always neglected proper thumb conditioning. Since the Pats put in their offseason thumb program, you never see them having thumb injuries. The team needs to invest in state of the art thumb weights and thumb agility bands to freshly feature finger fortitude, forthwith.

baalworship
10-02-2017, 05:40 PM

They drafted Cover 2 linebackers.

Ed
10-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Humber is #5 in tackles in the entire NFL right now and you just thought he played "ok?" LOL.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics

I'd call that massively over-achieving awesome play.
I don't put that much stock into tackles. Just because you make a tackle doesn't mean you made a good play. I think he's been average in coverage at times and that's important for our LBs. I'm not really bashing the guy. I said he's better than I expected and has even looked better than Brown. And I don't think Brown is a bad player. I use the term OK pretty broadly.

swiper
10-02-2017, 05:42 PM
It aggravates me that this franchise has always neglected proper thumb conditioning. Since the Pats put in their offseason thumb program, you never see them having thumb injuries. The team needs to invest in state of the art thumb weights and thumb agility bands to freshly feature finger fortitude, forthwith.

You know what you can do with your thumbs there fellah? :;

- - - Updated - - -

They drafted Cover 2 linebackers.

Are you Mace's brother or something?

Ed
10-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Humber is the Bills top tackler. I guess that earns an "okay."
I didn't realize the term OK would be so problematic for people. He's been good. Everyone happy now?

endzone
10-02-2017, 06:21 PM

I have to agree. They may have a lot of hustle but I question the muscle.

Mace
10-02-2017, 07:03 PM
You know what you can do with your thumbs there fellah? :;

Oh yeah, thanks for asking. Way more than most people. I never neglected the conditioning of my digits. Sometimes I go through a day not using the rest of my fingers for anything to test my thumb capability.

Most people have no idea how to use their thumbs, I can give you some suggestions what to do with yours though.

I'll not be mocked, you rascal !

Night Train
10-02-2017, 07:37 PM

Rusty Jones probably has a thumb book on Amazon. :up: