• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

LB Ramon Humber also needs thumb surgery, out indefinitely

I just saw that Humber broke this thumb too and will have surgery just like Matthews. Coming into the season I felt like Humber was the weakest link on the D, but I feel like he's played OK and even looked better than Preston Brown at times. It looks like rookie Matt Milano will take over at WLB for Humber. I thought Milano was an intriguing prospect, but I don't know if he's up to the task right now of being a starter on a D that's been pretty good so far. I don't know what the issue with Jelani Jenkins was, but maybe they bring him back? LB depth is a big concern now.
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: LB Ramon Humber also needs thumb surgery, out indefinitely

Depth was always an issue with this team, but we were real thin at WR/LB, didn't have much room for injuries. **** happens.

Hopefully someone steps up.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Humber was one of the top tacklers in the league prior to last Sunday
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

Milano looked lost out there a few times. Here's to good coaching.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Now we can tank...

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
            Now we can tank...
            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

What's Hodges up to?

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

At camp for several sessions, I posted I really liked Milano. He was always around the ball and just needed to learn the scheme. He has talent.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  I just saw that Humber broke this thumb too and will have surgery just like Matthews. Coming into the season I felt like Humber was the weakest link on the D, but I feel like he's played OK and even looked better than Preston Brown at times. It looks like rookie Matt Milano will take over at WLB for Humber. I thought Milano was an intriguing prospect, but I don't know if he's up to the task right now of being a starter on a D that's been pretty good so far. I don't know what the issue with Jelani Jenkins was, but maybe they bring him back? LB depth is a big concern now.
                  Humber is #5 in tackles in the entire NFL right now and you just thought he played "ok?" LOL.

The 2023 NFL Regular Season Player stat leaders on ESPN. Includes stat leaders in every category from passing and rushing to tackles and interceptions.

I'd call that massively over-achieving awesome play.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    At camp for several sessions, I posted I really liked Milano. He was always around the ball and just needed to learn the scheme. He has talent.
                    The 2 LBers the Bills drafted this year seemed to be on the light side to me. Like Coy Wire light.

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                      The 2 LBers the Bills drafted this year seemed to be on the light side to me. Like Coy Wire light.
                      Keith Ellison on a diet light.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                        Humber is the Bills top tackler. I guess that earns an "okay."
                        10 Commandments of the D
                        1. Never stop Rocking.
                        2. Legalize all drugs.
                        3. Quit your day job.
                        4. All Religion should be taxed.
                        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                        6. F**k her gently.
                        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

It aggravates me that this franchise has always neglected proper thumb conditioning. Since the Pats put in their offseason thumb program, you never see them having thumb injuries. The team needs to invest in state of the art thumb weights and thumb agility bands to freshly feature finger fortitude, forthwith.

Comment

• baalworship
                            • May 2003

They drafted Cover 2 linebackers.

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

Humber is #5 in tackles in the entire NFL right now and you just thought he played "ok?" LOL.

The 2023 NFL Regular Season Player stat leaders on ESPN. Includes stat leaders in every category from passing and rushing to tackles and interceptions.

I'd call that massively over-achieving awesome play.
                              I don't put that much stock into tackles. Just because you make a tackle doesn't mean you made a good play. I think he's been average in coverage at times and that's important for our LBs. I'm not really bashing the guy. I said he's better than I expected and has even looked better than Brown. And I don't think Brown is a bad player. I use the term OK pretty broadly.

Comment

Working...
                              X