PDA

View Full Version : David Carr out 2-6 weeks with a fracture in his back!

alohabillsfan
10-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Yikes, EJ TIME!

endzone
10-02-2017, 06:17 PM
I thought EJ looked better than expected when he played the 2nd half Sunday. At one point he went 8 for 8 with completions. His long ball interception late in the game was out of desperation - but - sort of characteristic of his career.

Pennywise
10-02-2017, 06:51 PM
This could be EJ's second chance. In a league full of mediocre and bad QBing, a couple good games and......well, you know.

OpIv37
10-02-2017, 07:03 PM
I thought EJ looked better than expected when he played the 2nd half Sunday. At one point he went 8 for 8 with completions. His long ball interception late in the game was out of desperation - but - sort of characteristic of his career.

I didn't see him play but a co worker mentioned it to me earlier and we looked up the stats. Certainly not the same EJ that was under center for the Bills. It's a small sample size, but so was his debacle against Jacksonville. Talent and competent coaching make a difference.

Ed
10-02-2017, 07:21 PM
2-6 weeks? That's a pretty big window. A back fracture sounds serious. I would think it's going to be closer to 6 weeks than 2. Raiders come to Buffalo in 4 weeks.

sahlensguy
10-02-2017, 07:50 PM

Can't say that I agree. His first snap resulted in a delay of game penalty. He moved the ball a bit after that, but after Denver's D tightened up at the end of the game EJ looked like his old self. Von Miller insane sack that he didn't see coming from his right.

With the game on the line, either one of his final two passes could have been picked off. His last one was. Not a big surprise. I had little confidence that he would get the job done.

Glad we're done with him. Good luck to him though.

Skooby
10-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Doesn't matter who's QB, we are going to get them good.

justasportsfan
10-02-2017, 08:01 PM
. Burned 2 time outs that his coach was pissed about and still stares d9wn his intentions.

He is scrappy QB but I wish him the best

OpIv37
10-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Doesn't matter who's QB, we are going to get them good.

Remember when Rob Johnson was on the Redskins? They were playing us in our stadium- their starter got injured and they had to put Johnson in. He got sacked on his first snap and the stadium exploded....

We may be gearing up for another one of those moments. But, I don't think there's the hate for EJ that there was for Johnson. EJ sucked, but he's far from the only QB who has sucked for this franchise. Johnson got that monster contract (by the standards of the time) which set this franchise back, and had that California surfer vibe that never quite jived with working class Buffalo.

Skooby
10-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Remember when Rob Johnson was on the Redskins? They were playing us in our stadium- their starter got injured and they had to put Johnson in. He got sacked on his first snap and the stadium exploded....

We may be gearing up for another one of those moments. But, I don't think there's the hate for EJ that there was for Johnson. EJ sucked, but he's far from the only QB who has sucked for this franchise. Johnson got that monster contract (by the standards of the time) which set this franchise back, and had that California surfer vibe that never quite jived with working class Buffalo.
Haha. Good call, I forgot about that. EJ isn't Carr, we are going to get him good.

sahlensguy
10-02-2017, 08:07 PM
. Burned 2 time outs that his coach was pissed about and still stares d9wn his intentions.

He is scrappy QB but I wish him the best

I will concede that EJ was put in a tough position. He came in late, down in points, on the road in Denver, against THAT defence.

Still, he looked like the same EJ to me.

SpikedLemonade
10-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Sunday October 29th -- Raiders @ Bills -- EJ v. Peterman.

I am sooooooo there!

Skooby
10-02-2017, 08:24 PM
I will concede that EJ was put in a tough position. He came in late, down in points, on the road in Denver, against THAT defence.

Still, he looked like the same EJ to me.

Raiders have no chance against us without Carr, who's been playing hurt as well.

BillyT92679
10-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Ian Rapaport says he'll only miss at most 2 games

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2017, 07:38 AM
EJ looked terrible. His numbers show otherwise, but he looked like a statue and made completions only when the Broncos went into Prevent mode.

alohabillsfan
10-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Ian Rapaport says he'll only miss at most 2 games

In today's rush to judgment media I don't believe any reports.. if I know one thing a back injury is a tricky injury to deal with and prognoses.

Turf
10-03-2017, 07:51 AM
EJ's passes are too soft, and he sets his receivers up to get creamed or an interception. If his mind can find the open guy, he floats it in and in the NFL you can't do that.

TigerJ
10-03-2017, 08:59 AM
2-6 weeks? That's a pretty big window. A back fracture sounds serious. I would think it's going to be closer to 6 weeks than 2. Raiders come to Buffalo in 4 weeks.On another board, someone explained it is a transverse fracture. Each vertebrae has a pair of "wings" projections which come out the sides. One of those is cracked. For someone who has a fractured transverse, there is no particular risk of making it worse or injuring the spinal cord before it has completely healed. It is primarily a pain management issue.

Ed
10-03-2017, 09:02 AM
On another board, someone explained it is a transverse fracture. Each vertebrae has a pair of "wings" projections which come out the sides. One of those is cracked. For someone who has a fractured transverse, there is no particular risk of making it worse or injuring the spinal cord before it has completely healed. It is primarily a pain management issue.
Yeah after I posted that I read about it on espn. It actually doesn't sound that serious.

alohabillsfan
10-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Yes f he plays in 3 weeks I think we see him, if he doesn't I'm not sure they would start him on the road against the bills d, of course it will also depend on EJ's performance.

Historian
10-03-2017, 11:39 AM
So much for the Raiders season....
:flush:

daryls61
10-03-2017, 11:56 AM
For EJ, this is now or never. He said if he ever got back in there, he was just going to grip it and rip it. Well, here you go.....

Cali512
10-03-2017, 12:26 PM
EJs issue is he overthinks things way to much. Lets put it this way, you know how some people can hit a target, routinely using muscle memory for a long time. Others such as myself, will go 2/2 then start thinking about what I'm doing to hit that target, and I release the muscle memory while over thinking the issue. This is why EJ will play in almost a zone for a little bit, then start over thinking and begin making stupid plays. Jacksonville was the perfect example, he started off terrible because of all the pressure he put on himself. Then when we were being dominated he got in a zone and muscle memory took over, he looked great for a while. Then when the game tightened up, he over thought everything once again and became tight

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-03-2017, 01:15 PM
On another board, someone explained it is a transverse fracture. Each vertebrae has a pair of "wings" projections which come out the sides. One of those is cracked. For someone who has a fractured transverse, there is no particular risk of making it worse or injuring the spinal cord before it has completely healed. It is primarily a pain management issue.

Correct. These get admitted to the hospital all the time. They go home with a brace l and usually instructions of weight bearing as tolerated and never get an operation. He will be fine and wouldn't be surprised if he's ready to go against us end of October.