David Carr out 2-6 weeks with a fracture in his back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

David Carr out 2-6 weeks with a fracture in his back!

Yikes, EJ TIME!
  • endzone
    • Dec 2016

Re: David Carr out 2-6 weeks with a fracture in his back!

I thought EJ looked better than expected when he played the 2nd half Sunday. At one point he went 8 for 8 with completions. His long ball interception late in the game was out of desperation - but - sort of characteristic of his career.

Comment

• Pennywise
      • Mar 2005

This could be EJ's second chance. In a league full of mediocre and bad QBing, a couple good games and......well, you know.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by endzone View Post
        I thought EJ looked better than expected when he played the 2nd half Sunday. At one point he went 8 for 8 with completions. His long ball interception late in the game was out of desperation - but - sort of characteristic of his career.
        I didn't see him play but a co worker mentioned it to me earlier and we looked up the stats. Certainly not the same EJ that was under center for the Bills. It's a small sample size, but so was his debacle against Jacksonville. Talent and competent coaching make a difference.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

2-6 weeks? That's a pretty big window. A back fracture sounds serious. I would think it's going to be closer to 6 weeks than 2. Raiders come to Buffalo in 4 weeks.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by endzone View Post
            Can't say that I agree. His first snap resulted in a delay of game penalty. He moved the ball a bit after that, but after Denver's D tightened up at the end of the game EJ looked like his old self. Von Miller insane sack that he didn't see coming from his right.

With the game on the line, either one of his final two passes could have been picked off. His last one was. Not a big surprise. I had little confidence that he would get the job done.

Glad we're done with him. Good luck to him though.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Doesn't matter who's QB, we are going to get them good.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

. Burned 2 time outs that his coach was pissed about and still stares d9wn his intentions.

He is scrappy QB but I wish him the best
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                  Doesn't matter who's QB, we are going to get them good.
                  Remember when Rob Johnson was on the Redskins? They were playing us in our stadium- their starter got injured and they had to put Johnson in. He got sacked on his first snap and the stadium exploded....

We may be gearing up for another one of those moments. But, I don't think there's the hate for EJ that there was for Johnson. EJ sucked, but he's far from the only QB who has sucked for this franchise. Johnson got that monster contract (by the standards of the time) which set this franchise back, and had that California surfer vibe that never quite jived with working class Buffalo.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Remember when Rob Johnson was on the Redskins? They were playing us in our stadium- their starter got injured and they had to put Johnson in. He got sacked on his first snap and the stadium exploded....

We may be gearing up for another one of those moments. But, I don't think there's the hate for EJ that there was for Johnson. EJ sucked, but he's far from the only QB who has sucked for this franchise. Johnson got that monster contract (by the standards of the time) which set this franchise back, and had that California surfer vibe that never quite jived with working class Buffalo.
                    Haha. Good call, I forgot about that. EJ isn't Carr, we are going to get him good.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      . Burned 2 time outs that his coach was pissed about and still stares d9wn his intentions.

He is scrappy QB but I wish him the best
                      I will concede that EJ was put in a tough position. He came in late, down in points, on the road in Denver, against THAT defence.

Still, he looked like the same EJ to me.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Sunday October 29th -- Raiders @ Bills -- EJ v. Peterman.

I am sooooooo there!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                          I will concede that EJ was put in a tough position. He came in late, down in points, on the road in Denver, against THAT defence.

Still, he looked like the same EJ to me.
                          Raiders have no chance against us without Carr, who's been playing hurt as well.

Comment

• BillyT92679
                            • Jul 2002

Ian Rapaport says he'll only miss at most 2 games
                            Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

EJ looked terrible. His numbers show otherwise, but he looked like a statue and made completions only when the Broncos went into Prevent mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X