• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Would you be ok with Buffalo...

Purposely losing to say the chiefs or some one else to eliminate new England from a wild card if we lock the division up? I say we damn well better unless it costs us home field of course...
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

Re: Would you be ok with Buffalo...

I don't see how that makes sense..

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      • Sep 2002

It's pretty simple. I promise you...

Comment

• ICRockets
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
        Purposely losing
        No.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Sweep the Patriots and they have 4 losses. I'll take my chances that they can find a way to lose a couple additional games and find their own way out of the playoffs.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
            Sweep the Patriots and they have 4 losses. I'll take my chances that they can find a way to lose a couple additional games and find their own way out of the playoffs.
            What if they need help to find their way out of the playoffs?

Also, if I were McDermott, and I did throw a game to eliminate new England, is totally confess to it after I retired and giggle about it like a fat kid in a candy store.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
            What if they need help to find their way out of the playoffs?

Also, if I were McDermott, and I did throw a game to eliminate new England, is totally confess to it after I retired and giggle about it like a fat kid in a candy store.

Comment

• ICRockets
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2008

We play the Chiefs before the Pats, so in order to feel safe with this very, very dumb idea we'd have to have AT MINIMUM a 4-game division lead so that losses to the Chiefs and Patriots would not close the gap.

There are 6 games between now and then. We have a 1-game lead now. That means if we went 6-0 from now until the game at Arrowhead, we'd need the Patriots to go 3-3. In that situation we'd be riding an 8-game win streak and you're suggesting we deliberately tank it?

Comment

• ICRockets
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2008

And let's take this further. For this to not be the stupidest dumb**** idea in the history of this forum, the Chiefs would have to be locked out of a potential division title with 6 games left. If they lose the next 6 while Denver wins their next 6, putting the Broncos at 9-1 and the Chiefs at 4-6, they still have a mathematical shot at the division title. Likewise, if we go 6-0 in the next 6 games to the Pats' 3-3, we're also 9-1 and competing for the #1 seed in the AFC. And you would ask that we throw that away based on the assumption that a team that just lost 6 straight could make the playoffs over the Patriots.

How you can make this thread with a straight face and still probably think I'm wrong for calling you unfathomably stupid will be forever beyond my comprehension. This thread belongs in Spam, and you belong in some sort of Remedial GED program.
                Last edited by ICRockets; 10-02-2017, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                  My IQ Test results came back negative
                  • Oct 2002

I agree I was confused from the beginning, only way it would work out is if chiefs were week 17.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree I was confused from the beginning, only way it would work out is if chiefs were week 17.

Comment

• ICRockets
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2008

And for you dumbasses who are going to say I'm wrong to assume blink is really, really, really, really stupid for making this thread, consider that I debunked any notion that it's a feasible scenario within 30 minutes of becoming aware of its existence. That means that one of a few things must be true. EITHER:

1) Blink thought of the thread and immediately posted it without making any effort to check if it has any mathematical efficacy;

2) Blink thought of the thread, mulled it over in his head, and STILL made no effort to check if it had any mathematical efficacy;

3) Blink thought of the thread, made an effort to check if it had any mathematical efficacy and did so INCORRECTLY;

4) Blink thought of the thread, CONFIRMED that it has no mathematical efficacy, and posted it anyway.

One of those 4 scenarios has to be true. None of them are representative of an intelligent individual. No matter how you look at it, Blink proved himself stupid by posting this thread.

You're allowed to think I'm a meany poopooface for calling him out on it, but if you profess a desire for this forum to get better than you need somebody to call out the crap that doesn't belong in that "better" forum.
                    Last edited by ICRockets; 10-02-2017, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Nothing like mid-season losses to conference opponents to haunt you later = / thread.
                      Last edited by Skooby; 10-03-2017, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        • Sep 2002

It was a hypothetical... obviously our schedule doesn't accommodate it...

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          • Sep 2002

And my god, how big is the stick up your @$$?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                            It was a hypothetical... obviously our schedule doesn't accommodate it...
                            Maybe we should wound ourselves when climbing MT Everest, that'd be about the same.

This idea isn't creative, it's simply stupid so please acknowledge it as such.
                            Last edited by Skooby; 10-03-2017, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                              Maybe we should wound ourselves when climbing MT Everest, that'd be about the same.

This idea isn't creative, it's simply stupid so please acknowledge it as such.
                              It has it's strategic merits. Only a fool can deny that.

Comment

Working...
                              X