PDA

View Full Version : Bills play the hardest schedule for 2017

Skooby
10-03-2017, 01:45 PM
When you are playing .750 against the best teams, you deserve respect:

https://www.fantasyindex.com/2017/08/29/scheduletron/strength-of-schedule-for-defenses

feldspar
10-03-2017, 01:55 PM
When you are playing .750 against the best teams, you deserve respect:

https://www.fantasyindex.com/2017/08/29/scheduletron/strength-of-schedule-for-defenses

So far, 3 of the 4 teams we've played didn't even make the playoffs last year.

Skooby
10-03-2017, 02:14 PM
So far, 3 of the 4 teams we've played didn't even make the playoffs last year.
I know this is complex but like I said, we played 3 teams that have recently played in the Super Bowl. The Jets are 2-2, all the remaining teams are 3-1. You could figure New England would probably have a decent record, KC hasn't lost yet so you can see how this figures. Ironically, Miami who made the playoffs last season is actually dragging this down now, go figure.

feldspar
10-03-2017, 02:29 PM
I know this is complex but like I said, we played 3 teams that have recently played in the Super Bowl. The Jets are 2-2, all the remaining teams are 3-1. You could figure New England would probably have a decent record, KC hasn't lost yet so you can see how this figures. Ironically, Miami who made the playoffs last season is actually dragging this down now, go figure.

It's not complex...it's meaningless.

Right now, the Bills are the second seed for the playoffs if they were to happen tomorrow. Do you really think they are the second best team in the AFC?

Right now we are 3 point underdogs against a 1-3 team who only beat the Browns. How's that for respect? Bet on the Bills then, if that's not an accurate line...

Each year is different. Who cares what happened years ago?

The Bills have raised a few eyebrows so far, but mainly because the general expectations were so low. It's a long season. I like it so far.

Joe Fo Sho
10-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Right now, the Bills are the second seed for the playoffs if they were to happen tomorrow. Do you really think they are the second best team in the AFC?

You could definitely argue that we are second best to the Chiefs, couldn't you? Who's better?

The Broncos? We beat them.
The Raiders? Not without Carr.
The Patriots? Maybe...well probably...but their defense is crap on ice.
The Steelers? Maybe, but you could argue it.
The Ravens? Nope.
The AFC South? Pffffft

Those teams are probably saying the same thing about the Bills, but through these 4 games you can certainly argue that we have played as well as anyone in the AFC, except probably the Chiefs. I'm not saying that we're going to finish as a top team in the AFC, I'm just saying that through these 4 games, we've played like a top team. Which is probably more of a statement to how poorly and inconsistent other teams have been.

jamze132
10-04-2017, 01:03 PM
I think some of you are over-valuing the Bills. Let's see how we come out of the bye.

Joe Fo Sho
10-04-2017, 01:12 PM
I think some of you are over-valuing the Bills. Let's see how we come out of the bye.

Eh, I'm sticking with my 6-10 prediction until the Bills win their 7th game. That doesn't mean that they haven't played better than 14 teams in the AFC through 4 games. This is the Bills we're talking about here, they can collapse at any moment.

TigerJ
10-04-2017, 01:18 PM
I think the interesting thing about the schedule is in our own reaction. If you're rooting for a team that is a perennial loser, as the Bills have been for much of the current millennium, a difficult schedule can create a lot more angst. We worry about where the Bills can eek out a few wins. Starting out 3-1, with wins versus two teams that were considered to be in the top echelon of the league at the start of the season, games that looked pretty tough a month ago now look a heck of a lot more winnable. I agree with Jamze. I don't want too get ahead of myself, and I sure don't want to see Bills fans become as arrogant and entitled as Patriot fans have been forever, but it feels good to have reason to be a little more positive.

Cali512
10-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Most years I'd agree, but Denver, Carolina, and atlanta are getting respect around the NFL. Even though they didn't make the playoffs, they still are well structured franchises. We are beating proven teams with proven players, which is why this season is more real to me then are 5-1 season where we played the worst teams in the NFL. Carolina, ATL, and Denver WILL be top teams in their division

Generalissimus Gibby
10-04-2017, 09:26 PM
I am happy with 3-1, but we have seen this before in 2008, 2011, 2014 and even last year. I need to see how we are after 8 weeks. Honestly, I could see this team anywhere from 3-5 to 7-1. If we are 6-2 or 7-1 I think finally the long nightmare might just be over

Skooby
10-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Our coaching is a lot different than I’m used too, they’re like competent & doing things to raise the odds of winning. I think we even have the best coaching in the league, it’s all odds and timing. This will show up in the wash.

jamze132
10-05-2017, 03:24 AM
Our coaching is a lot different than I’m used too, they’re like competent & doing things to raise the odds of winning. I think we even have the best coaching in the league, it’s all odds and timing. This will show up in the wash.

Agreed. Our coaching and front office are a complete 180 from what we’re accustomed to and it’s certainly encouraging for the future.

SpikedLemonade
10-05-2017, 05:31 AM
Let's just take this one game at a time.