• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Bills re-signing S Trae Elston

Per Mike Rodak:

The Bills are re-signing safety Trae Elston, a source said, after Bills safety Colt Anderson broke his arm for a second consecutive season Sunday against the Falcons. Elston spent the first two weeks of the season with the Bills and later played in one game for the Eagles before being waived Saturday.

This is the second reported signing today after Philly Brown, but I haven't seen any mention of additional roster moves to make room. I'm assuming Colt Anderson is going on IR, but I think they still need to release another player for both signings to happen.
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bills re-signing S Trae Elston

Update on subsequent roster moves from Rodak:

The Bills on Tuesday placed safety Colt Anderson (arm) on injured reserve, released safety Robert Blanton and waived defensive end Eric Lee. They also signed safety Shamarko Thomas, in addition to their previously-reported re-signings of safety Trae Elston and wide receiver Philly Brown.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I know this is only a semi-related discussion, but I fully believe they need to increase the roster size of NFL teams. 53 is just so few.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

Wonder why they got rid of Blanton for Elston after doing the opposite a few weeks ago right?

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
          I know this is only a semi-related discussion, but I fully believe they need to increase the roster size of NFL teams. 53 is just so few.
          Or at least allow all 53 players to be active for games. With player safety and concussions being such a big deal it doesn't make sense to me to limit depth/substitution options.

Comment

Working...
          X