PDA

View Full Version : Dareus is dogging it

Mr. Miyagi
10-03-2017, 09:28 PM
I just rewatched the whole game, paid special attention to Dareus on every snap. He's pulling a Mario Williams. Every play he was in, he's half-assing the effort, falling down on his knee against a single blocker, not pushing hard, jogging to the ball, and pulling up from tackles.

I'm not sure what's happening to him, lost his motivation for some reason. Damn it he was such a force when he wanted to play.

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2017, 09:35 PM
P.O.S.

Ed
10-03-2017, 09:37 PM
I think I read somewhere that he only played 22 snaps, which was the least of any starter. Maybe it's still an ankle issue and less about effort, but who knows. Hopefully things turn around for him soon. A dominant Dareus could make this D a lot better.

kingJofNYC
10-03-2017, 09:41 PM
He's been a mess since being extended but he's also hurt. Trying to play DT with a bad back or ankle is extremely difficult. Like Ed said, he barely had any run. Whatever we get out of him is icing, I don't expect much with his injury.

Ed
10-03-2017, 09:44 PM
He's been a mess since bein extended but he's also hurt. Try to play DT with a bad back or ankle is extremely difficult.

Whatever we get out of him is icing, I don't expect much.
I'll have to re-watch the Falcons game, but I feel like he's still getting doubled a lot too.

Skooby
10-03-2017, 10:26 PM
I'll have to re-watch the Falcons game, but I feel like he's still getting doubled a lot too.
He did versus ATL, they were out to stop him.

Mace
10-03-2017, 10:32 PM
I think I read somewhere that he only played 22 snaps, which was the least of any starter. Maybe it's still an ankle issue and less about effort, but who knows. Hopefully things turn around for him soon. A dominant Dareus could make this D a lot better.

Yeah you did. He didn't really look "frothing at the mouth" to get out there. I mean I remember McKelvin even trying madly to play on one leg. Dareus didn't buy in. Unless something amazingly clicks, they'll boot him and eat the cap next year, some team will give him a junk contract for hopeful because we're paying for the rest, and you'll next be reading about another suspension.

The guy could have been great, just is choosing to pass the time, imho. He'll do it saying the right things because someone tells him to.

Bill Cody
10-03-2017, 10:45 PM
The guy could have been great

He'd rather be vegging out with his boys smoking a blunt

Oaf
10-03-2017, 11:11 PM
He looked like he was hopping around on one leg on a few plays. Give him the season.

Forward_Lateral
10-04-2017, 04:57 AM
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He's out there trying to play hurt. If the coaches think he's doing more good than harm, then I'm fine with it.

alohabillsfan
10-04-2017, 05:21 AM
I sure hope that he is buying in and can be the 100% Darius that the defense needs

SpikedLemonade
10-04-2017, 06:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye5BuYf8q4o

THATHURMANATOR
10-04-2017, 08:23 AM
Not to be a Dareus apologist but he appeared to me to be limping around on a bum ankle.

Buffalogic
10-04-2017, 08:29 AM
He got double teamed nearly the entire ATL game. How can you miss that? Double teamed with a bad ankle. He may never get back to the 10 sack monster he was, but this is also not the best time to judge his ability or desire in my opinion. Wait and see approach.

Adding a monster dareus to this already fine defense is something I'll hold out hope for, may never happen though.

BillsOwnAll
10-04-2017, 08:44 AM
Some people don't under stand what double teaming a guy like darues does, he's not an edge rushing who can blow by two people... he makes it so the other 3 have 1on1 matchups against the o line.. how come nowhere but here seems to think the way you guys do. D line is a complicated position, stats don't tell the story.

Novacane
10-04-2017, 09:58 AM
BOA. Did teams only start double teaming him after he got a 100 million dollar payday? He made plays before he got paid! What happened?

Pennywise
10-04-2017, 01:57 PM
I find it funny that people actually can’t understand why anyone would question Dareus’s effort.

BillsOwnAll
10-04-2017, 09:05 PM
BOA. Did teams only start double teaming him after he got a 100 million dollar payday? He made plays before he got paid! What happened?

I would have to rewatch some games but if I had to guess I would say Mario took some of the double teams and a younger Kyle Williams got doubled a lot.. so yes when he was unproven and racking up double digit sacks seasons I would guess it was he was doubled a lot less.

BillsOwnAll
10-04-2017, 09:07 PM
As McDermott preaches win and loss as a team. When bills defense gets a sack it's not always a single individual effort. Hughes might get a sack because darues is doubles teams and the secondary is doing their job but Hughes finds the stat sheet so he gets deemed the hero.

Patriots proved how much of a team game defense is in the last 15 years

BillsFanCupp38
10-04-2017, 09:27 PM
I brought this up weeks ago. See thread "Darius in the dog house".

Novacane
10-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Regardless of what any our opinions you can bet the house the current regime doesn't believe he's worth that contract and will be cutting bait with him at the end of next season at the latest. More likely this is his last year in Buffalo.

psubills62
10-05-2017, 07:41 AM
If he's playing injured, that's one thing.

If he's pulling a Haynesworth where he plays like a madman in his contract year, then pulls this crap after he gets his big second contract, then that's a major problem.

SpikedLemonade
10-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Regardless of what any our opinions you can bet the house the current regime doesn't believe he's worth that contract and will be cutting bait with him at the end of next season at the latest. More likely this is his last year in Buffalo.
I agree.

Dareus is Dead Man Walking as a Buffalo Bill.