PDA

View Full Version : Shamarko Thomas -

Mahdi
10-04-2017, 07:35 AM
The Bills have signed S Shamarko Thomas.

It doesn't seem like a flashy signing and he may be cut next week but he was considered a good safety coming out.

He has skills that I think will translate well into the Bills system whereas with the Jets and Steelers systems may not have been a fit.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/shamarko-thomas?id=2539937

Could be a diamond in the rough signing.

The King
10-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Mostly known for falling on his face in the combine.

Turf
10-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Did someone really name their child Shamarko?

Skooby
10-04-2017, 10:01 AM
His nickname is “laser beams”, freaking Shamarko with laser beams.

WagonCircler
10-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Did someone really name their child Shamarko?

Right?

Might as well have gone straight Sharknado.

Wally The Barber
10-04-2017, 10:13 AM
I have a Shamarko vacuum cleaner , it sucks

feldspar
10-04-2017, 10:42 AM
My favotirte was Marvcus.

I mean, make up your mind between the two names...

Mahdi
10-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Well at least we get some entertainment out of this thread...

ghz in pittsburgh
10-04-2017, 11:12 AM
He is dumb - that's the word from Pittsburgh. Missing assignment, slow reading what the offense is doing etc. to the point where the Steelers would not give him any defensive snaps.

But he is a good special teamer, especially as a gunner. Not much thinking or diagnosis of the play there. Go after where the ball is kicked and tackle the guy with the ball. When he was out, the Steelers special team actually suffered.

I see him as a replacement for our IR-ed guy who was a key guy on special teams.

Mahdi
10-04-2017, 11:26 AM
He is dumb - that's the word from Pittsburgh. Missing assignment, slow reading what the offense is doing etc. to the point where the Steelers would not give him any defensive snaps.

But he is a good special teamer, especially as a gunner. Not much thinking or diagnosis of the play there. Go after where the ball is kicked and tackle the guy with the ball. When he was out, the Steelers special team actually suffered.

I see him as a replacement for our IR-ed guy who was a key guy on special teams.

This makes sense, however, our defense is a simple one in comparison to the ones he's been in and I think it fits his qualities.

Sometimes this type of change brings out the best in a player.

DraftBoy
10-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Right?

Might as well have gone straight Sharknado.

Maybe it was the inspiration for the movie name and he's collecting royalties?

streetkings01
10-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Has Colt Anderson played more than 2 games for us? Seems like he's been hurt his entire Buffalo Bills career.