PDA

View Full Version : The All Buffalo Bills drought team: QB

The King
10-06-2017, 07:55 AM
Starting today and over the next couple of weeks I will be posting a poll for each position. The idea is that we're going to be selecting the greatest Bills line-up from the drought. Then we can either cry, or say hypothetically the best of our worst might've been good enough to break the drought.

We'll start easy... with the Quarterbacks

jimmifli
10-06-2017, 08:01 AM
Fred Jackson has a career 135 QB rating. In 2009 he had a 100% completion rating, an average of 27 yards per pass and all his passes were for TDs.

2009 Fred Jackson is the best QB of the drought.

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2017, 08:34 AM
Fred Jackson has a career 135 QB rating. In 2009 he had a 100% completion rating, an average of 27 yards per pass and all his passes were for TDs.

2009 Fred Jackson is the best QB of the drought.

Between 2008 and 2009 Brian Moorman had 2 attempts, 2 completions and 2 TD passes.

I am afraid that I can't agree with your assessment.

Albany,n.y.
10-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Anyone voting for Rob Johnson should face a season-long ban.

ublinkwescore
10-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Jp losman... at least he took shots down the field with Lee Evans.

BillyT92679
10-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Flutie doesn't really count... he was here for all of one year of the drought and didn't start much in 2000.

Bledsoe I guess gets it, but I always felt like he was really on the downside of his career here... he had good games beginning of 2002 and end of 2004 and not much in between (and the very end of 2004 was ignoble)

I always liked Fitz. He's never great, but he was gutty and helped will some below average teams to wins. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play, even if the picks and fumbles made me scream.

ublinkwescore
10-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Is Fitzpatrick even on an NFL roster?

Joe Fo Sho
10-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Is Fitzpatrick even on an NFL roster?

I saw him on the sideline during the Bucs game last night.

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 03:31 PM
I'm hung up between Bledsoe and Fitz. I'm gonna go Fitz because Bledsoe's so lead-footed.

Night Train
10-06-2017, 04:03 PM
Taylor is actually the best and that speaks volumes.

YardRat
10-06-2017, 04:20 PM
I went with Fitzpatrick...Flutie doesn't really count IMO, and Bledsoe is the only other one worthy of consideration but losing to Pittsburgh's JV's the last game of the year automatically excludes him from occupying the top spot.

imbondz
10-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Starting today and over the next couple of weeks I will be posting a poll for each position. The idea is that we're going to be selecting the greatest Bills line-up from the drought. Then we can either cry, or say hypothetically the best of our worst might've been good enough to break the drought.

We'll start easy... with the Quarterbacks
lol. Great thread!!! love it.

For me QBs go:

Doug Flutie - Last QB to take us to the playoffs.
Ryan Fitzpatrick - Underdog, cool beard, had great potential, wasn't afraid to throw it which made it fun, just threw a lot of painful INTs.
Kyle Orton - Probably drank bourbon in between plays. Fun QB, probably would have went farther with better coaching and 1 more year.
Tyrod Taylor - Instantly moves to #1 if he takes us to the playoffs.

Sad list nonetheless.

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 06:20 PM
TBH I kinda forgot that Orton started for us for a whole year.

I think I repressed the memory like a bad experience in the equipment shed at Boy Scout camp.

ublinkwescore
10-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Alex van Pelt!!!

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Alex van Pelt!!!

I think he was before the drought.

Billy Joe Hobert.

sudzy
10-06-2017, 06:46 PM

Billy Joe Hobert.

LOL. Billy Joe "Gun Rack" for fans of Rome.

Mace
10-06-2017, 07:12 PM
I would have liked a couple more years of Orton. Leaned toward picking Bledsoe, he should have been the best even on the backend of his career but they planted him behind a feeble line and insisted on deep drop, slow developing plays to make it worse.

I had to vote Fitz. He had more td's per season avg than Bledsoe, better QB rating, better completion pct believe it or not, better td %, better y/a, better y/g than Bledsoe, with a fraction of the skills and an inadequate arm. Didn't realize it until I looked it up. Go figure.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BledDr00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 07:18 PM
I would have liked a couple more years of Orton. Leaned toward picking Bledsoe, he should have been the best even on the backend of his career but they planted him behind a feeble line and insisted on deep drop, slow developing plays to make it worse.

I had to vote Fitz. He had more td's per season avg than Bledsoe, better QB rating, better completion pct believe it or not, better td %, better y/a, better y/g than Bledsoe, with a fraction of the skills and an inadequate arm. Didn't realize it until I looked it up. Go figure.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BledDr00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm

The OL with Bledsoe still pisses me off. Bledsoe was the last pure pocket passer. They knew he was statuesque back there when they got him but they never invested in an OL that could protect him.

Mace
10-06-2017, 07:30 PM
The OL with Bledsoe still pisses me off. Bledsoe was the last pure pocket passer. They knew he was statuesque back there when they got him but they never invested in an OL that could protect him.

Then they made it worse by getting a mobile QB in Losman to get around the bad OL and proceeded to try and turn him into a pocket passer behind the same bad OL, effectively recreating the problem with Bledsoe they intended to fix, on purpose. That's the part that pisses me off still. Then they get Edwards to replace the mobile guy they failed to turn into a statue to replace the statue they wanted to replace with a mobile guy, and plant him behind an inadequate OL for deep drops and slow developing plays that started the whole issue to begin with. I guess the whole period still pisses me off.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-06-2017, 11:49 PM

Billy Joe Hobert.

No, he was a competent fill in in 2001. Hobert couldn't be bothered to look at the playbook in 97