PDA

View Full Version : When is it ok to be excited

DesertFox24
10-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Seriously everyone keeps telling me the bills are good this year and I keep saying well they have exceeded expectations but they are still a 7 to 8 win team.

I know this is stupid and totally unfair but to me these next 5 games are a huge indicator for our season.

I looked at the schedule after these 5 games and I came up with 3 what I would call automatic losses (NE twice, and the chiefs). I am saying 3 auto losses for the sake of this argument.

That puts our losses at 4 and given the fact that I think we are better than the chargers and phins the only other possible loss would the colts with luck.

So if worse case scenario we lose to the colts, pats, pats, and chiefs that puts us at 5 losses. We would have to beat the jets, phins, phins, and chargers for sure, meaning we have to go 3-1 against cincy, tampa, saints, and raiders at a minimum.

My question to you guys, is this realistic? We got a huge potential boost with Carr maybe out, but you never know with red rifle, Winston, or Brees. Plus we have to beat the jets at the jets and miami at miami.

justasportsfan
10-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Not excited about the season just yet unless we make playoffs. But as for the next few years, I am cautiously excited especially with the upcoming draft.

MidnightVoice
10-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Remember 2008

BillsOwnAll
10-06-2017, 02:55 PM
You're a fan. Be excited now. If you can't handle the let down you picked the wrong team a long time ago.

The year they win the Super Bowl just think you'll have 8-10 more weeks of happiness and excitement than a lot of others!

It's what fans are for.. to get excited! I hate when people say " 1 game at a time" we aren't playing!

Joe Fo Sho
10-06-2017, 02:55 PM
While I'm trying to temper my expectations, I've almost done a complete 180 on how I think this season will turn out. I used to think we'd win 5-6 games this year, then this morning I was going through our schedule with a Jets fan at work and asked him to give me one good reason why we won't be 9-1 going into the Chiefs game.

Bengals - 1 good game this year against the Browns, otherwise they've been bad
Buccaneers - Did not look good last night, they're nothing special
Raiders - If Carr is hurt, why shouldn't we win?
Jets - We already beat them once
Saints - In Buffalo...Brees is not the same QB when he's outdoors. They're defense is average at best.
Chargers - 0-4, one of the worst teams in the NFL through 4 games

Realistically we'll probably be 5-4 or something, but this is the best time of year to speculate. We'll be eliminated from playoff contention before you know it.

Skooby
10-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Seriously everyone keeps telling me the bills are good this year and I keep saying well they have exceeded expectations but they are still a 7 to 8 win team.

I know this is stupid and totally unfair but to me these next 5 games are a huge indicator for our season.

I looked at the schedule after these 5 games and I came up with 3 what I would call automatic losses (NE twice, and the chiefs). I am saying 3 auto losses for the sake of this argument.

That puts our losses at 4 and given the fact that I think we are better than the chargers and phins the only other possible loss would the colts with luck.

So if worse case scenario we lose to the colts, pats, pats, and chiefs that puts us at 5 losses. We would have to beat the jets, phins, phins, and chargers for sure, meaning we have to go 3-1 against cincy, tampa, saints, and raiders at a minimum.

My question to you guys, is this realistic? We got a huge potential boost with Carr maybe out, but you never know with red rifle, Winston, or Brees. Plus we have to beat the jets at the jets and miami at miami.

You have to go into this with open eyes but the coaches we have are incredibly talented and serious, they make good in game fixes and force the other teams to make mistakes that we normally are used to seeing.

I’m a believer that if the refs see your respect & you put forward a reasonable effort to play it straight, you will get the benefit of the doubt before replay officials get a glance to try and change a call for and against you. The Bills are much more prepared this year and there’s no banter or boosting of expectations at all, it’s a very New England type of scenario where the play on the field speaks versus the coaches.

That all being said, let’s see how healthy we remain and who we field for each game. I think we should be able to beat all the teams on our schedule but won’t, New England is a split deal as well not just an assured loss.

Bill Cody
10-06-2017, 03:20 PM
I'm excited. Rex is still gone.

DesertFox24
10-06-2017, 03:47 PM
While I'm trying to temper my expectations, I've almost done a complete 180 on how I think this season will turn out. I used to think we'd win 5-6 games this year, then this morning I was going through our schedule with a Jets fan at work and asked him to give me one good reason why we won't be 9-1 going into the Chiefs game.

Saints - In Buffalo...Brees is not the same QB when he's outdoors. They're defense is average at best.

Realistically we'll probably be 5-4 or something, but this is the best time of year to speculate. We'll be eliminated from playoff contention before you know it.

My best friend is a clowns fan and he said same thing to me. His rationale was tampa not that good, brees outside and no defense in Buffalo, Raiders with EJ lol (he just laughed), and red rifle. He said the browns suck, cannot tackle, and basically did not even show up.

Additionally. the difference between this year and those other years is we have actually beat teams that are pretty good. In games they have not played buffalo the four teams we have played are 10-2 (again not including their buffalo games). This is just a weird feeling for me as I really expected to suck and am just waiting for the cold water to come splashing down on us.

Wally The Barber
10-06-2017, 03:57 PM
In the year 2525, if man is still alive

Night Train
10-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Why not be excited now ?

Quit talking about Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron, Marrone, Rex and Ralph. Means nothing to this team, coaching staff and front office. The past....is just that.

Long term. Looks like these guys have something that works. More work to be done with the roster but the whole " 17 year playoff drought " angle is just bitterness towards people who are no longer here.

The arrow is pointing up. Sorry to the large contingent here that decreed this was a 3-4 win team that sucked. You were wrong. Own it.

Wally The Barber
10-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Why not be excited now ?

Quit talking about Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron, Marrone, Rex and Ralph. Means nothing to this team, coaching staff and front office. The past....is just that.

Long term. Looks like these guys have something that works. More work to be done with the roster but the whole " 17 year playoff drought " angle is just bitterness towards people who are no longer here.

The arrow is pointing up. Sorry to the large contingent here that decreed this was a 3-4 win team that sucked. You were wrong. Own it.

It all part of a culture change, its not all about the team,its about the fans too

YardRat
10-06-2017, 04:14 PM
I'm excited right now at 3-1...have been for awhile, with the new regime, actually. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, however long it lasts, even if it is a repeat of previous seasons and is fleeting.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-06-2017, 04:15 PM
And I quote, "The Bills are in the playoffs for the first time in 17 years, the long nightmare is over it is fantastic it is pandemonium do you believe it

Turf
10-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Why not be excited now ?

The media really needs to end the constant reminder of it. Its all they harp on and its pointless to do so.

Pennywise
10-06-2017, 04:18 PM
As soon as you said automatic losses I automatically disregarded anything else you had to say.

bleve
10-06-2017, 05:22 PM

After getting blown out by the Ravens, they lost to two good teams by a total of 7 points. I wouldn't put them in the "bad" category.

ublinkwescore
10-06-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm excited. Rex is still gone.

I still hate that fat turd.

sudzy
10-06-2017, 06:48 PM
When they clinch

Pennywise
10-06-2017, 06:56 PM
I still hate that fat turd.

Saw him on television this evening and said something very similar to my wife....but not as nice as you put it.

Mr. Miyagi
10-06-2017, 10:11 PM
You're a fan. Be excited now. If you can't handle the let down you picked the wrong team a long time ago.

The year they win the Super Bowl just think you'll have 8-10 more weeks of happiness and excitement than a lot of others!

It's what fans are for.. to get excited! I hate when people say " 1 game at a time" we aren't playing!
I hear so many people say stuff like don't let it get to your head or stay hungry and all that crap. Well yes, if you're a player. We're not the players. We're fans. If we get over excited and let it get to our heads, we're the only ones that will be disappointed, but we don't affect the outcome of the games. So if you can handle the possible disappointment if it all goes south later, enjoy it now and be as excited as you want!

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 10:19 PM
It's ok to be excited if we clinch a playoff berth. Not a second sooner.

YardRat
10-07-2017, 06:06 AM
If you're not willing to be excited over the smaller moments on the journey and can only focus and appreciate reaching the destination you might as well just pull over to the side with all of the other soccer moms and quit clogging up our lane.

OpIv37
10-07-2017, 06:39 AM
If you're not willing to be excited over the smaller moments on the journey and can only focus and appreciate reaching the destination you might as well just pull over to the side with all of the other soccer moms and quit clogging up our lane.

Yeah done that for 17 years. Way too manly small moments, zero big ones. Enough is enough.

ICRockets
10-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Yeah done that for 17 years
No you haven't, dude. We've all been posting with you long enough to know better than to believe you've just now become a Bills Cynic.

imbondz
10-07-2017, 07:07 AM
It’s always ok to be excited about the Bills. I’m with Op tho to a degree. When you love a team as much as we all do, and they’ve crushed you for 17 years, and mainly forever, it’s ok to be reasonable and realistic and not go too crazy.

TigerJ
10-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Seriously, when you get excited is up to you. The risk of getting excited too soon is that you'll be disappointed, but if you live long enough, you'll live through countless disappointments along the way. You learn to deal with it. If you want to get excited, go ahead. Just understand there is still a possibility the Bills could succumb to a bunch of key injuries and fall flat going forward.

swiper
10-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Re: When is it ok to be excited

If the Bills have a winning record after 8 games.

feldspar
10-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Who needs permission to be excited? Who grants this permission?

Being excited is better than the alternative, ask me. I'm enjoying the season so far. Is that OK?

It's a damn football game, kids. Being let down should not be a dangerous thing unless you are somehow strangely unstable.

DynaPaul
10-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Week 17

BillsOwnAll
10-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Who needs permission to be excited? Who grants this permission?

Being excited is better than the alternative, ask me. I'm enjoying the season so far. Is that OK?

It's a damn football game, kids. Being let down should not be a dangerous thing unless you are somehow strangely unstable.

Exactly!!! All these people who won't buy in to the excitement and happiness casue they may be let down, it's like we all love the bills but in the end if they stumble and fall and I'm no longer happy isnt that better than being not happy ever? These people act like what happen 10 years ago matters today it's all new players coaches etc. it's a game , we're fans. ENJOY YOURSELF

BuffaloBlitz83
10-07-2017, 04:01 PM
If we win the next 2 it would give me a realistic Hope of a playoff birth. Cincy and Tampa.

Wally The Barber
10-07-2017, 04:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesyhQkYrQM

YardRat
10-07-2017, 06:38 PM
I'm so excited I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

feldspar
10-08-2017, 06:57 AM
I'm so excited I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

Yeah? Well...

I'm so happy, doin' the Neutron Dance. And I'm just burning, doin' the Neutron Dance.

Whoo oooh

sudzy
10-08-2017, 07:01 AM

Yeah? Well...

I'm so happy, doin' the Neutron Dance. And I'm just burning, doin' the Neutron Dance.

Whoo oooh

Back-to-back Pointer Sisters references? That's got to be a Zone first.