PDA

View Full Version : When will Tyrod have that BIG game?

BLUTO
10-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Maybe 330 yards passing, 3 TD's, no picks and extra yards running in a Bills win!!!

I keep waiting and hoping! Is he capable of that type of game?

Is the offense designed to limit that production for a win in a 'safe' mode? No turn-overs, run the ball first & rely on the defense & special teams. Is it a coaching philosophy based on Tyrod's limitations?

Mace
10-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Don't think he ever will. He doesn't look capable of it so they scheme around it. I kept waiting and hoping for a while, realized it's not gonna happen. It's just not his game, he can't do it or would have at least once by now.

Pennywise
10-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Not this season.

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 07:42 PM
He'll put up 40 points against the Pats' sorry D. Problem is they'll hang 54 on us.

Kenny
10-06-2017, 08:13 PM
I dont think it's a matter if he's capable... he's done it before (last year vs. Miami).
But with our defense, there just isnt a need (hopefully).

We just need him to play game manager, and grind away against defenses and score a few points.

BillsOwnAll
10-06-2017, 08:26 PM
He'll put up 40 points against the Pats' sorry D. Problem is they'll hang 54 on us.
You must really hate yourself huh? Are you one of those people incapable of having nice things

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 09:06 PM
You must really hate yourself huh? Are you one of those people incapable of having nice things

Please stop trying to make this about me. Just stay on topic.

BillsOwnAll
10-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Hard when you say the bills defense who's allowing 13 points a game will allow 54... kind of inviting. And dare I say...unrealistic?

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Hard when you say the bills defense who's allowing 13 points a game will allow 54... kind of inviting. And dare I say...unrealistic?

Have you even watched this team over the last 17 years? No matter how good our D is, NE carves us up far more often than not. We've only beaten them twice in games that matter in 34 attempts. They're usually better than us and when they aren't, they cheat.

Also, Bellicheck is gonna have something our opponents thus far don't have: 11 games of tape to prepare.

BillsOwnAll
10-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Sigh, it's Friday night I don't have time for people fishing for an argument. Your opinions are better than mine anyways. Casue apparently what happen in 2006 still matters to you in this years games.

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Sigh, it's Friday night I don't have time for people fishing for an argument. Your opinions are better than mine anyways. Casue apparently what happen in 2006 still matters to you in this years games.

Oh it's not what happened in 2006. It's what happened every year from 2002 through last year, despite multiple coaching, FO, system and personnel changes On our side. No matter what we do, they find a way to keep kicking our asses. You want to talk about realistic? There is no reason to believe this change will be any different than all the previous changes unless we prove it on the field.

Ginger Vitis
10-06-2017, 09:43 PM

Every year for the past 10 years OPIV has predicted the Pats will beat the Bills by 35+ points

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Every year for the past 10 years OPIV has predicted the Pats will beat the Bills by 35+ points

once again, you refuse to acknowledge the many more times I was right.

BillsOwnAll
10-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Sorry for being happy we're 3-1 and actually beat 2 good teams. It pains you to see people happy, you fail to admit that.

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Sorry for being happy we're 3-1 and actually beat 2 good teams. It pains you to see people happy, you fail to admit that.

It pains me to see people being unrealistic.

2002- Started 5-3, ended 8-8
2003- Started 2-0 with two huge victories, finished 6-10
2005- Won the first game and everyone was excited about Losman, finished 5-11
2008- Started 4-0, finished 7-9
2011- Won the first 3 and got to 5-2, finished 6-10 (lost 7 straight and 8 of the last 9)
2014- Won the first 2, got to 5-3, finished with a winning record of 9-7 but still missed the playoffs
2016- Lost the first 2, won 4 straight to get to 4-2, still finished 7-9

We've been here before, with a variety of different FO personnel, coaches, players, and even ownership. The results have always been the same. There is no realistic reason to be happy until a different result is final.

BillsOwnAll
10-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Never have we beat such quality teams in the road to those starts, and never has the division looked as weak including your New England patriots. The same players who dominated in the 4-3 are once again dominating in the 4-3. The AFC is as weak as its been in the last 17 years, and the afc east seems winnable.

Name 6 teams playing better than the bills in the AFC and I'll bielive playoffs aren't possible this season.

OpIv37
10-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Oh I never said playoffs aren't possible. I just proved that playoffs are unlikely cuz we've been in equal or better situations in the past despite different players, coaches, FO and even ownership. There is no logical reason to believe this iteration will be any different until they prove it.

The Beef
10-06-2017, 11:35 PM
Unlikely this year, we don't have the WR's. Maybe the 2nd Clay gets loose on a bomb, Shady breaks a screen and Charles Clay has a big day and he back doors his way into a big day.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-06-2017, 11:44 PM

Oh bawls, don't you know the story line already? No? Well let me fill in a few details. Week sixteen Bills at Pats. A couple weeks ago the Bills stunned the Pats and beat them 35 to 20. They are the division leaders tied with the Pats at 8-6. The winner of this game probably goes to the playoffs, The loser goes home. The Bills lead going into the 4th stanza 40-21. Oh you can see the excitement on the Bills sideline as the 17 year curse may just be over. What will the Bills do, run for a 1 yard gain, run to the right for a yard loss. Taylor good decision throws it away under pressure. Brady throws TD. 40-28. Bills dink dink dink punt Brady throws wow unbelievable catch and the Pats are back in this game 40-35. Bills throw and it's picked off in the end zone with 1:41 left on the clock. Brady has one timeout. A few plays later the Pats are 4th and 19 from the Bills 47, 6 seconds left. Brady rolls out and hit as he throws and the pass is broken up in the end zone wait flag down and it's defensive pass interference and Brady gets one more shot to make the post season. Oh man this is the final play of the game and Brady he dives in with it all on the line Brady is the GOAT. For God sakes Phil get your hand off your dick and put it back in your pants, Braaaaaaady oh yeah.

BillsOwnAll
10-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Oh I never said playoffs aren't possible. I just proved that playoffs are unlikely cuz we've been in equal or better situations in the past despite different players, coaches, FO and even ownership. There is no logical reason to believe this iteration will be any different until they prove it.short of a few players... the ENTIRE team/owner/95% of the front office is different than those years you speak off. Other than being the bills it's completely different. This team doesn't have to prove anything to the past 16 teams.

Your basing your opinion on them being "cursed" and nothing else, casue nothing else is the same

OpIv37
10-07-2017, 12:05 AM
short of a few players... the ENTIRE team/owner/95% of the front office is different than those years you speak off. Other than being the bills it's completely different. This team doesn't have to prove anything to the past 16 teams.

Your basing your opinion on them being "cursed" and nothing else, casue nothing else is the same

Nothing to do with being "cursed." Has everything to do with incompetent ownership and management with Pegula and Brandon that haven't demonstrated the ability to build a winning team.

- - - Updated - - -

short of a few players... the ENTIRE team/owner/95% of the front office is different than those years you speak off. Other than being the bills it's completely different. This team doesn't have to prove anything to the past 16 teams.

Nothing to do with being "cursed." Has everything to do with incompetent ownership and management with Pegula and Brandon that haven't demonstrated the ability to build a winning team.

BillsOwnAll
10-07-2017, 12:29 AM
how long has pegula been here ? 5 years? If that.

If you think McDermott and beane didn't build this current team you're living in a different world than everyone else.

BillsOwnAll
10-07-2017, 12:36 AM
You're legit arguing with me that I'm happy we're 3-1. You're telling me it's not gonna be ok, they're gonna fail. Honestly makes no sense in my mind at all your logic, everything's different except the city they play in.

ublinkwescore
10-07-2017, 01:43 AM
If only we played the browns.

OpIv37
10-07-2017, 06:36 AM
You're legit arguing with me that I'm happy we're 3-1. You're telling me it's not gonna be ok, they're gonna fail. Honestly makes no sense in my mind at all your logic, everything's different except the city they play in.

Everything's been supposedly "different" before, at least four or five times. The results always end up the same.

2002- Started 5-3, ended 8-8
2003- Started 2-0 with two huge victories, finished 6-10
2005- Won the first game and everyone was excited about Losman, finished 5-11
2008- Started 4-0, finished 7-9
2011- Won the first 3 and got to 5-2, finished 6-10 (lost 7 straight and 8 of the last 9)
2014- Won the first 2, got to 5-3, finished with a winning record of 9-7 but still missed the playoffs
2016- Lost the first 2, won 4 straight to get to 4-2, still finished 7-9

Yes I'm repeating this because you are ignoring it. Look at the years. Everything was "different" except the results. 3-1'is nice but it's meaningless if they can't finish out a season. They haven't proven they can do that. Granted, it's their first chance, but once again, we've seen how well that's worked out in the past. Brandon and Pegula have not proven that they know how to build a winning team.