Legendary elite defenses allow ~12 points a game in the modern era (1960+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Legendary elite defenses allow ~12 points a game in the modern era (1960+)

In case you were wondering, ~12 points a game average given up defensively puts you in rare air 1960 +. I’m not saying we’re there but in the past 10 years, our defense is putting up near the best numbers that can be expected. Denver 2015 defense which is probably the most recent champion based on defense surrendered 18.5 points a game on average.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-single-season-defense-in-NFL-history
    Last edited by Skooby; 10-07-2017, 02:24 AM.
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: Legendary elite defenses allow ~12 points a game in the modern era (1960+)

Denver? Never heard of her.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

While defense is good, the Bills also have benefited from having their stars aligned to some degree. They are due to be brought down to earth. I see all these posters predicting a Cincinnati win sense the same.

Sunday will be interesting.

The next 4 games will give us a better picture of what this team really is.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        • Sep 2002

Yeah, I'm enjoying the ride, and we might be getting shaq Lawson and Glenn back, but we can't expect to be this relatively healthy all year long. I'm guessing Holmes is now our wr1 and Vallejo is our new starting mlb?

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
          Yeah, I'm enjoying the ride, and we might be getting shaq Lawson and Glenn back, but we can't expect to be this relatively healthy all year long. I'm guessing Holmes is now our wr1 and Vallejo is our new starting mlb?
          Those two don't exactly conjour up confidence.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            Looks like we know who you bet on, enjoy your loss.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              Looks like we know who you bet on, enjoy your loss.
              I don't gamble douchebag. But I am realistic.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                • Sep 2002

Holmes has 2 touchdown catches... decent...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

I don't gamble douchebag. But I am realistic.
                  Did you have the Bills 3-1 to start the season, how realistic was that ? I didn’t but I see how the well the coaches prepare the team & make changes. For simple people like you, this is confusing but to me it’s brilliant. You’ll hear more about it when broken down for you in simplistic terms so until then, get a clue.
                  Last edited by Skooby; 10-07-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                    Holmes has 2 touchdown catches... decent...
                    JD Hill, Jerry Butler, Frank Lewis, Reed, Lofton, Moulds, etc. Holmes? Not so much. This is the worst WRs corps the Bills have every had.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                    Did you have the Bills 3-1 to start the season, how realistic was that ? I didn’t but I see how the well the coaches prepare the team & make changes. For simple people like you, this is confusing but to me it’s brilliant. You’ll hear more about it when broken down for you in simplistic terms so until then, get a clue.
                    You may be brilliant to a rock. Maybe.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

JD Hill, Jerry Butler, Frank Lewis, Reed, Lofton, Moulds, etc. Holmes? Not so much. This is the worst WRs corps the Bills have every had.

- - - Updated - - -

You may be brilliant to a rock. Maybe.
                      I realize this is above your head so just go back to bashing me for wanting to discuss football.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

they've been really good, but the overall numbers point to a more 5-10 defense then a no.1 all time great. we got a bit of luck with some of the QB play we've faced. They're definitely good enough to get us to the playoffs. the real mystery is if the offense will be better then mediocre.
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• imbondz
                          Democrats are people too
                          • Jan 2003

I'll take a Bruce Smith led D over this one any day, but still excited to see how our D develops, so far it's a great start.
                          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                            • Sep 2004

While defense is good, the Bills also have benefited from having their stars aligned to some degree. They are due to be brought down to earth. I see all these posters predicting a Cincinnati win sense the same.

Sunday will be interesting.

The next 4 games will give us a better picture of what this team really is.
                            As the first 4 were.
                            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

IMO, today's game will be our toughest yet. I just hope the team is focused on today and not next week when they'll be watching from the couch. Winning in Cinci will change everyone's mind about the 2017 Bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X