PDA

View Full Version : Legendary elite defenses allow ~12 points a game in the modern era (1960+)

Skooby
10-07-2017, 02:17 AM
In case you were wondering, ~12 points a game average given up defensively puts you in rare air 1960 +. I’m not saying we’re there but in the past 10 years, our defense is putting up near the best numbers that can be expected. Denver 2015 defense which is probably the most recent champion based on defense surrendered 18.5 points a game on average.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-single-season-defense-in-NFL-history (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-single-season-defense-in-NFL-history)

ublinkwescore
10-07-2017, 05:14 AM
Denver? Never heard of her.

swiper
10-07-2017, 05:27 AM
While defense is good, the Bills also have benefited from having their stars aligned to some degree. They are due to be brought down to earth. I see all these posters predicting a Cincinnati win sense the same.

Sunday will be interesting.

The next 4 games will give us a better picture of what this team really is.

ublinkwescore
10-07-2017, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I'm enjoying the ride, and we might be getting shaq Lawson and Glenn back, but we can't expect to be this relatively healthy all year long. I'm guessing Holmes is now our wr1 and Vallejo is our new starting mlb?

swiper
10-07-2017, 05:50 AM
Yeah, I'm enjoying the ride, and we might be getting shaq Lawson and Glenn back, but we can't expect to be this relatively healthy all year long. I'm guessing Holmes is now our wr1 and Vallejo is our new starting mlb?

Those two don't exactly conjour up confidence.

Skooby
10-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Looks like we know who you bet on, enjoy your loss.

swiper
10-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Looks like we know who you bet on, enjoy your loss.

I don't gamble douchebag. But I am realistic.

ublinkwescore
10-07-2017, 08:03 AM

Holmes has 2 touchdown catches... decent...

Skooby
10-07-2017, 08:12 AM
I don't gamble douchebag. But I am realistic.
Did you have the Bills 3-1 to start the season, how realistic was that ? I didn’t but I see how the well the coaches prepare the team & make changes. For simple people like you, this is confusing but to me it’s brilliant. You’ll hear more about it when broken down for you in simplistic terms so until then, get a clue.

swiper
10-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Holmes has 2 touchdown catches... decent...

JD Hill, Jerry Butler, Frank Lewis, Reed, Lofton, Moulds, etc. Holmes? Not so much. This is the worst WRs corps the Bills have every had.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have the Bills 3-1 to start the season, how realistic was that ? I didn’t but I see how the well the coaches prepare the team & make changes. For simple people like you, this is confusing but to me it’s brilliant. You’ll hear more about it when broken down for you in simplistic terms so until then, get a clue.

You may be brilliant to a rock. Maybe.

Skooby
10-07-2017, 08:39 AM
JD Hill, Jerry Butler, Frank Lewis, Reed, Lofton, Moulds, etc. Holmes? Not so much. This is the worst WRs corps the Bills have every had.

- - - Updated - - -

You may be brilliant to a rock. Maybe.
I realize this is above your head so just go back to bashing me for wanting to discuss football.

Ingtar33
10-07-2017, 09:01 AM
they've been really good, but the overall numbers point to a more 5-10 defense then a no.1 all time great. we got a bit of luck with some of the QB play we've faced. They're definitely good enough to get us to the playoffs. the real mystery is if the offense will be better then mediocre.

imbondz
10-07-2017, 10:22 AM
I'll take a Bruce Smith led D over this one any day, but still excited to see how our D develops, so far it's a great start.

The last buffalo fan
10-07-2017, 10:49 AM
While defense is good, the Bills also have benefited from having their stars aligned to some degree. They are due to be brought down to earth. I see all these posters predicting a Cincinnati win sense the same.

Sunday will be interesting.

The next 4 games will give us a better picture of what this team really is.
As the first 4 were. :gobills:

jamze132
10-08-2017, 08:31 AM
IMO, today's game will be our toughest yet. I just hope the team is focused on today and not next week when they'll be watching from the couch. Winning in Cinci will change everyone's mind about the 2017 Bills.

alohabillsfan
10-08-2017, 08:59 AM
This defense is not elite, sound D yes, but I don't think it's a dominant D. It's a defense that has a good foundation to build on including depth.

ICRockets
10-08-2017, 10:00 AM
You're a dishonest, deceitful, stupid mother****er. You have no value around here and would contribute more to the board if you just went around giving free handjobs at tailgate parties.

Skooby
10-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Classless.

ICRockets
10-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Thank you, I forgot that one.