PDA

View Full Version : Why is Miller inactive?

Albany,n.y.
10-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Injured or giving Vlad a shot?
E.J. Gaines CB Inactive
Ramon Humber OLB Inactive
Khari Lee TE Inactive
Jordan Matthews WR Inactive
Conor McDermott OT Inactive
John Miller OG Inactive
Jerel Worthy DT Inactive

alohabillsfan
10-08-2017, 10:15 AM
I think just making a change.

Albany,n.y.
10-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Moving on from another Whaley/Rex draft choice? At the rate they're going, only O'Leary will be left from the 2015 draft, and he was originally cut & put on the practice squad.

baalworship
10-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Ducasse is terrible. But it seems Dennison wants to force zone blocking even though his players excelled in the power run game last year.

Same reason as Tolbert over and over. He is one of the coach favorites.

ICRockets
10-08-2017, 10:40 AM
I hope it isn't Vlad replacing him, is it? Should be Ryan Groy, IMO, and I doubt I'm alone on that.

baalworship
10-08-2017, 10:41 AM
I hope it isn't Vlad replacing him, is it? Should be Ryan Groy, IMO, and I doubt I'm alone on that.

Ducasse is starting over a healthy Miller.

ICRockets
10-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Ducasse is starting over a healthy Miller.
Well, having 1 loss was fun while it lasted.

jimmifli
10-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Ducasse is terrible. But it seems Dennison wants to force zone blocking even though his players excelled in the power run game last year.

Same reason as Tolbert over and over. He is one of the coach favorites.

Last week we ran a few man/double team runs from last year and were effective. Dennison isn't 100% married to his scheme.

YardRat
10-09-2017, 05:30 AM
I'm confused and concerned why Groy didn't start instead of Ducasse, I still think he may be our best interior lineman on the roster but if they are going to plug in Vlad before Ryan I don't think that bodes well for his future here.

kishoph
10-09-2017, 06:18 AM
I don't know if Cordy Glenn got a snap yesterday either. Not that it would of made a difference, but I know he was active. The offensive line is not that bad IMO, it's hard to get a run game going when teams focus on shutting it down, forcing the Bills to throw the ball. The offense has no balance.

DraftBoy
10-09-2017, 06:48 AM
I don't know if Cordy Glenn got a snap yesterday either. Not that it would of made a difference, but I know he was active. The offensive line is not that bad IMO, it's hard to get a run game going when teams focus on shutting it down, forcing the Bills to throw the ball. The offense has no balance.

McDermott in his post-game answers said that Glenn is not guaranteed his starting spot once he's fully healthy. Dawkins has been up and down all year and per reports had a really rough game on Sunday.

sudzy
10-09-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm confused and concerned why Groy didn't start instead of Ducasse, I still think he may be our best interior lineman on the roster but if they are going to plug in Vlad before Ryan I don't think that bodes well for his future here.
Why the hell did they give Groy all that money if they weren't going to play him?

baalworship
10-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Why the hell did they give Groy all that money if they weren't going to play him?

If I was GM Groy would be playing center and Wood would have been traded. That's how you rebuild. Play younger, cheaper players and acquire futures. Not extend guys over 30 for 8million+

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2017, 05:04 PM
McDermott needs to clean house on the offensive side of the ball after this year. Get all new offensive coaches in here. Not one of them is worth a big steamy ****.

baalworship
10-09-2017, 05:07 PM
McDermott needs to clean house on the offensive side of the ball after this year. Get all new offensive coaches in here. Not one of them is worth a big steamy ****.

Agreed. I would make the QB coach the OC now and fire Dennison during the bye. Castillo and Dennison are giving Turk Schonert a run for the money.

SWBillzbacker
10-09-2017, 05:26 PM

Agreed....Groy was the best OL after Wood went down last season and seemingly a better fit at RG

Mace
10-09-2017, 05:48 PM
If I was GM Groy would be playing center and Wood would have been traded. That's how you rebuild. Play younger, cheaper players and acquire futures. Not extend guys over 30 for 8million+

For that matter, Wood was a better guard early in his career than Miller or Ducasse. You could have both on the field in one spot or the other and improve the line.

I'm not real impressed by Miller, but there's no excuse whatever to be starting Ducasse who just hasn't shown anything at all going back to preseason.

The OL is essentially Wood and Incognito, atm.

Not sure why Glenn wouldn't get his starting job back either. Glenn at LT and Dawkins at RT improves the line as well. You'd think left to right, Glenn-Incognito-Wood/Groy(in either spot)-Dawkins would be the best they could put out there and upgrade it across the board pretty quick.

kingJofNYC
10-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Personnel management on O has been atrocious. Glenn isn't healthy but how the hell is he not in line for his job when you have a turnstile like Mills manning the right side? How the hell does Groy not get burn over the scrub Vlad? All this talk about earning a spot is cheap when you front run the guys you brought in. Vlad shouldn't even be on a roster. Makes no sense.